Imagine This! Bring him home ?!?! (Whoever we hire)

3 minutes ago, Bullet76 said:

Just curious and a general question? Ryan gets killed by the fans and pundits for taking sacks, throwing intersections, and not being able to win games, both franchises are 4-12, so what's the difference ?

Watson is way younger, has less talent around him, is mobile and has tremendous upside in the right situation. Ryan is 36 years old. I love Matt Ryan and don't want him gone by any means. That wasn't my point in the topic. Just mainly thinking, "how fun would it be to have Deshawn Watson as QB of the future for ATL".... He's going to be great. But I'm happy with Ryan for what it's worth. 

8 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

Watson is way younger, has less talent around him, is mobile and has tremendous upside in the right situation. Ryan is 36 years old. I love Matt Ryan and don't want him gone by any means. That wasn't my point in the topic. Just mainly thinking, "how fun would it be to have Deshawn Watson as QB of the future for ATL".... He's going to be great. But I'm happy with Ryan for what it's worth. 

Totally agree, and I know the answer is mobility and youth, YES, we need to get younger at the QB position totally on board with that, BUT, just because you have a mobile QB doesn't mean wins, the positions may have changed but football is still football a team sport, guess I'm that dreamer that believe a offensive scheme that fits our roster, a quality starting pass rusher, and RB, this team can win now, call me crazy.

Just now, Bullet76 said:

Totally agree, and I know the answer is mobility and youth, YES, we need to get younger at the QB position totally on board with that, BUT, just because you have a mobile QB doesn't mean wins, the positions may have changed but football is still football a team sport, guess I'm that dreamer that believe a offensive scheme that fits our roster, a quality starting pass rusher, and RB, this team can win now, call me crazy.

Not calling you crazy at all. Let's build this D, get a run game and scheme and go after a Lombardi this upcoming season! haha 

Butttttttttttt, Watson is nice. Wouldn't be opposed to getting the man!

2 hours ago, hjerry said:

The acquiring team's cap hit would be the 10.54 guaranteed salary, but you'd have to, among other things, convince the Texans to take on a 21.6 cap hit in 2021, an increase of about 6 mil.

Even if they would consider it (they won't), the #4 pick would just be the starting point in negotiations.

And Houston's cap situation is as bad as ours, and projected to be worse than us next year with current contracts.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Didn’t Watson had same problem with team in Houston and a 4-12 record? How is he going to fix the same problems ATL had in 2020. 

As stated before:

ALSO, Deshawn was in the divisional playoffs and one defensive collapse away from being in the AFC championship last year. 

36 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

As stated before:

ALSO, Deshawn was in the divisional playoffs and one defensive collapse away from being in the AFC championship last year. 

He had way better defense and run game than ATL.  watsons best year will get him 4-12 at best with the team here. This team needs defense, he won’t help or change anything. Unless the Houston trades him for a second round pic like Hopkins. 

4 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

He had way better defense and run game than ATL.  watsons best year will get him 4-12 at best with the team here. This team needs defense, he won’t help or change anything. Unless the Houston trades him for a second round pic like Hopkins. 

Bro stop it. If you don't think he's a better QB than Ryan right now and couldn't have pulled out some of those games this past season.... I don't know what to tell you other than you are delusional. Are we a playoff team? Probably not, because there are more issues than just QB. Their top rusher had 13 more yards than Todd Gurley and you're saying he had a run game? LOL stop. And his receivers were Ridley and Julio level? And their Tight End. Can you name him? 

I rest my case. Watson is a baller. Once again, I love Matt and want him here for 2-3 more years... But If we had a shot at Watson you'd be out of your **** mind if it was favorable to Falcons $ and long term, to not go and get him. 

8 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Also, there defense was worse than ours statistically lol. So your point isn't hitting home with me. 

Just now, 408Falcon said:

Bro stop it. If you don't think he's a better QB than Ryan right now and couldn't have pulled out some of those games this past season.... I don't know what to tell you other than you are delusional. Are we a playoff team? Probably not, because there are more issues than just QB. Their top rusher had 13 more yards than Todd Gurley and you're saying he had a run game? LOL stop. And his receivers were Ridley and Julio level? And their Tight End. Can you name him? 

I rest my case. Watson is a baller. Once again, I love Matt and want him here for 2-3 more years... But If we had a shot at Watson you'd be out of your **** mind if it was favorable to Falcons $ and long term, to not go and get him. 

I was talking about Watson. I didn’t say anything about Ryan. Don’t get emotional bro. I travel a lot to Houston, know the team well. Watson is a hot and cold QB, he has been that way from the beginning. Houston defense carried plenty of games. Needless to say, he ain’t winning games by scoring less than 20-25 pts here in ATL. Watson may make exciting plays but you can’t ignore the rest of the game.

1 minute ago, 408Falcon said:

Also, there defense was worse than ours statistically lol. So your point isn't hitting home with me. 

One year? So what about other years? Do you even know how many Low scoring games HOU won in last 4 years. I will wait.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

One year? So what about other years? Do you even know how many Low scoring games HOU won in last 4 years. I will wait.

Yep, looked up last year when they had a really good competing team and they had a great offense and sub par defense. 

They put up points too. With Hopkins/Fuller of course. But he's a great QB. Top 10 in NFL right now on the right team. 

Just now, 408Falcon said:

Yep, looked up last year when they had a really good competing team and they had a great offense and sub par defense. 

They put up points too. With Hopkins/Fuller of course. But he's a great QB. Top 10 in NFL right now on the right team. 

Watson just made the Pro Bowl as well. He's not on the decline at all. 

58 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Didn’t Watson had same problem with team in Houston and a 4-12 record? How is he going to fix the same problems ATL had in 2020. 

That's a great question.  I guess many feel we have more weapons, and he is mobile, so can extend plays and run around evading the bull rush to make a play.  That's the gist I get.

1 minute ago, 408Falcon said:

Go look at 2018. You won’t find that defense in Atlanta.  This team needs defense even with a top QB. 

Just now, falcons007 said:

Go look at 2018. You won’t find that defense in Atlanta.  This team needs defense even with a top QB. 

Duh. Any team needs a defense. But what about last year? Not a good defense in HOU, but great QB/WR/RB game... They held their own. 

Bottom line, ask any one in Houston. The team till last year went through JJ watt. Need a big play, it came from the defense. This year their D was big trash. Watt even called out the whole team on not showing up for work or giving their best. Not saying Watson isn’t great QB, I followed him from HS days. Met him in the Falcons camp before he went to Clemson. I just don’t see how he is going to fix anything.