How well do you think Matt Ryan would do with Joe Brady as Head Coach?

I just don't know enough about Brady's offense to say one way or another.

I'm much more concerned about his ability to be a HC than his scheme anyway.  Young guys tend to worry me.  Arthur Smith is relatively young, but even at 38 he's practically an old vet compared to Joe Brady (31).  I'm not sure he has the experience and maturity to handle a HC job right now.

I'd love him to prove me wrong if he's hired though.

19 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Probably 5-11 or iffy 6-10 if Julio is healthy. Possibly as good as 7-9 if we can nab a running back and utilize tight ends. He’s money inside 15 yards so use Hurst and RB(?) and he’ll move the chains. 

What’s the skinny?  Brady on a short list ?  

Give the man a defense to help him close out games. Ryan isnt the problem. Move on. 

He'll be fine.

People who think that Brady is going to run the same offense he ran at LSU are off base. You can't over power teams like that in the NFL, despite what people like Koetter want to do.

Smart coaches like the ability to have a smart QB on the field they dont have to worry about.

48 minutes ago, Malachore said:

A defense, a run game, a oline, a upper tier TE and a GOAT WR.

He doesn't need much.

And another #1 WR. Ryan is surrounded by talent but he is playing well rn, I just don't think he is the long term solution at QB. He has 3 years max left in ATL. 

11 hours ago, QBat3 said:

And another #1 WR. Ryan is surrounded by talent but he is playing well rn, I just don't think he is the long term solution at QB. He has 3 years max left in ATL. 

I think 36 year old Matt Ryan needs good tight end and running scheme more than he needs Julio and Ridley.  

11 hours ago, Jesus said:

People who think that Brady is going to run the same offense he ran at LSU are off base. You can't over power teams like that in the NFL, despite what people like Koetter want to do.

That's a good point. We don't need a one-trick pony who can run one special kind of offense, because the league will figure it out, and because personnel strengths and weaknesses on the roster are in constant motion.

We need someone with a brilliant offensive mind who can evolve and adjust, and continue to outscheme and perform above average.

Joe Brady seems like that, but it's early yet. I think Arthur Smith might be that too, but 80% of his success might just be that Henry is such a special talent that landed in his lap.

51 minutes ago, mtldirtybird said:

I hope this is a joke. Teddy is JUST starter quality enough to hold on for a year or 2. Ryan is nearly in the top 10 of every NFL passing record.

My concern with Brady as HC is who would be DC? 

My comment is directed at Brady's ability, not Ryan.

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

Ah, ok I understand. But, if they are in the same offense and Ryan is better than Teddy, doesn't that mean Ryan will do better than Bridgewater?

Depends.  Brady looked good with Joe Burrow's abilities to extend plays.  My feeling is Burrow made Brady, not the other way around.  Thats why I said that Ryan would look like Bridgewater.  MAYBE better.