Draftnut57's 2021 Mock Draft

1. Gregery Roussean.. DE, 6-6,  268 lbs

2. Jay Tafele ................DT, 6-3,  315 lbs.

3. Rashard Weaver.......DE, 6-5,  270 lbs. 

4. Trey Smith................OT, 6-6, 325 lbs.

5. Jeremy Rukert .........TE, 6-5, 253 lbs.

6. Jack Anderson ........OG,6-5, 320 lbs.

7. Deommodore Lenior CB, 5-11, 202, lbs

Bottom line is this is a possible Draft... I know we'll have more picks but I just kept this Mock very Realistic. 

We will have more picks with the Comp picks.. so we may have to use them to get this draft but they are

ranked right now as possible with where I have them. I'd like for us also to get the players below, 

TE Noah Gram , WR Amari Rogers, LB Paddy Fisher 6th rounder , and DT Mustafa Johnson 7th rounder.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We draft Rossean at 4, I'm going to kill a b÷tch!

Here's what I came up with.  1 with movement and 1 without.  Thoughts? 8-Surtain CB Alabama 35-Harris RB Alabama 39-Barmore DT Alabama 81-Jabril Cox LB LSU (hybrid Safety) 104

We don't need that much online help for sure.. definitely need a running back..no secondary help til the seventh round ..please God no  I believe you can do better I have faith in you  

I like the fact that you see the deficiencies we have along the LOS.

I don't subscribe to a needs-based draft....especially in the first round.  

The Miami kid you drafted in the first round could be the next Calais Campbell or just another talented bust.  He simply has not played enough for me to tell which path he will take.  I think the gamble is high and much too risky for the 4th pick.   

8 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

We don't need that much online help for sure.. definitely need a running back..no secondary help til the seventh round ..please God no 

I believe you can do better I have faith in you

Here's what I came up with.  1 with movement and 1 without.  Thoughts?

8-Surtain CB Alabama

35-Harris RB Alabama

39-Barmore DT Alabama

81-Jabril Cox LB LSU (hybrid Safety)

104-Trey Hill OC Georgia

114-Dayo Odeyingbo Edge Vandy

Took Paris Ford late.

5-Justin Fields QB Ohio State

35-Dylan Moses LB Alabama

52-Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama (he won't be there)-Trade Up

83-Paulson Adebo CB Stanford-Due to trade

132-Trey Sermon RB Ohio State (he wont be there in the 5th )

35 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

8-Surtain CB Alabama

35-Harris RB Alabama

39-Barmore DT Alabama

104-Trey Hill OC Georgia

Took Paris Ford late.

I love it

11 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

We don't need that much online help for sure.. definitely need a running back..no secondary help til the seventh round ..please God no 

I believe you can do better I have faith in you

WEll,  after I did this draft, I realized that I had done what I had earlier said we should not do.. Take proven Vet OL and draft the rest.. But  as I thought about it.. Teams don't let Top OL go very often ... So that is why I have this draft.. I did not use all the comp picks we may have so,, as the search goes on till the Draft.. I like making one more draft after the combines and after a lot more study on the players.. I see this as a kick off to the off season..  

3 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

8-Surtain CB Alabama

35-Harris RB Alabama

39-Barmore DT Alabama

104-Trey Hill OC Georgia

Took Paris Ford late.

1st one would be good with me.  

12 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Bottom line is this is a possible Draft... I know we'll have more picks but I just kept this Mock very Realistic. 

We will have more picks with the Comp picks.. so we may have to use them to get this draft but they are

ranked right now as possible with where I have them. I'd like for us also to get the players below, 

TE Noah Gram , WR Amari Rogers, LB Paddy Fisher 6th rounder , and DT Mustafa Johnson 7th rounder.

I can't feel good about any draft that doesn't address Safety or RB at all, and doesn't get us a DB until the 7th. It's a weak class for DL, why dredge that position?

3 minutes ago, Lornoth said:

I can't feel good about any draft that doesn't address Safety or RB at all, and doesn't get us a DB until the 7th. It's a weak class for DL, why dredge that position?

Well, I did this Mock in a little bit of a hurry,, but we do have a couple of comp picks.. And I know we need both S and RB ,, We can take those two needs with the two  with the comp picks I did not use in this mock.. I just wanted to start the thought process of who we should draft.. by the time I try to make one more mock,, I think I'll have a better knowledge of who we may need.  It's also according to the FAs the FO goes out and picks up before the draft. All the more reason to not set anything in stone.. until we know that.

13 hours ago, PointSwayzee said:

We draft Rossean at 4, I'm going to kill a b÷tch!

We can trade down , pick  and get an extra high pick to boot.  Think Positive..  I'm not going so much by drafting the players at a certain spot.. As long as it possible , even if we do need to trade down and get that extra pick,, That's a good thing.

21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, I did this Mock in a little bit of a hurry,, but we do have a couple of comp picks.. And I know we need both S and RB ,, We can take those two needs with the two  with the comp picks I did not use in this mock.. I just wanted to start the thought process of who we should draft.. by the time I try to make one more mock,, I think I'll have a better knowledge of who we may need.  It's also according to the FAs the FO goes out and picks up before the draft. All the more reason to not set anything in stone.. until we know that.

I get that. Still don't think overdrafting a bunch of DLinemen is the way forward. Our DLine has okay depth, we just need some standout playmakers. I don't see that in this draft. 

1 minute ago, Lornoth said:

I get that. Still don't think overdrafting a bunch of DLinemen is the way forward. Our DLine has okay depth, we just need some standout playmakers. I don't see that in this draft. 

Well, there ya go... I do see standout players in all these picks.. Or I would not have put them in a Mock DRaft . All a team can do is study the work of each players games and what they have done.. and go from there. . I may see a player that you don't see.. I may look at a certain player and see a Great Pro prospect.. I'm not a fan that wants to argue who or who not to draft.. I just stay positive and try to see players I'd like for us to draft..  We are all different . But you can always count on this ,, I will always show players that is actually possible ,, Not like some who makes Mocks that would not be possible in what round they will be drafted in..  

And yes I know that none of us really know what round a certain player player will be drafted in,, Some team may rank a player much higher than the rest of the GMs would rank them.. Those who get it right will be the ones who will make their teams much better from the draft.

1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

Well, there ya go... I do see standout players in all these picks.. Or I would not have put them in a Mock DRaft . All a team can do is study the work of each players games and what they have done.. and go from there. . I may see a player that you don't see.. I may look at a certain player and see a Great Pro prospect.. I'm not a fan that wants to argue who or who not to draft.. I just stay positive and try to see players I'd like for us to draft..  We are all different . But you can always count on this ,, I will always show players that is actually possible ,, Not like some who makes Mocks that would not be possible in what round they will be drafted in..  

And yes I know that none of us really know what round a certain player player will be drafted in,, Some team may rank a player much higher than the rest of the GMs would rank them.. Those who get it right will be the ones who will make their teams much better from the draft.

I appreciate all that, and I certainly agree it's all subjective. Just because I don't personally like it doesn't mean it's bad, it just means I don't see what you do.

4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Haha lol, no RB and no S

Let's just ignore our 2 biggest needs, lol no

Well, that' why I  went ahead to get the process started.. and yes,, I did get a little bit ahead of myself..  I like getting the thought process going so I'll know for sure who I want in my finial Mock.. I always like doing an early Mock and one right before the draft takes place. The knowledge of who IMO we should get will be much better by the time the Draft gets here.... :tiphat:

13 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Love the Ruckert and Weaver picks. You think Roussean is worth #4 even with the lack of experience and pass rush moves?

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Love the Ruckert and Weaver picks. You think Roussean is worth #4 even with the lack of experience and pass rush moves?

Here's the way I see it. If he's not worth that pick,, We could trade down and get him and another pretty high pick, But  if they are set on taking a QB, which I do not think will happen,, Then we need to stay with the 4 and take the best QB available ... But I do not think we'll go QB. 

On 1/5/2021 at 10:39 PM, Draftnut57 said:

I just came from a major Draft site.. And they've stold my thunder..  They have us taking DE Roussean with the #4 pick. So there ya go..  A great DE can do more for a medioaker team than anybody can.. I've been looking and thinking and trying to start getting my 2nd and last MOCK draft done in a couple of months , But MY first round pick will probably still be DE Gregory Rousseau .....  :golfclap:

On 1/6/2021 at 12:20 PM, PriMeTiiMe said:

I believe when a team like ours needs a certain position filled.. Get two of that position.. And since it's hard for a Rookie DE on the field.. Get two ,, and let them train together.. Keep a fresh two on the field all the time.