How Do We Feel About Our CB's?

I'm curious to see how people view our CB's now that the season is over. I think most of us are happy with AJ, but do people still like Sheff and hate Oliver? What about Dennard?

For me, I think AJ will be a top tier CB in the league not too long from now (assuming we get a passrush sometime soon).

I think for all the hype Sheff got early in the season he should not be higher than 4'th on a depth chart if you want a good secondary; gets picked on more than anyone and not a great tackler either. No better at the end of the year than he was at the beginning. 

Dennard is fine but we can do better. 

As for Oliver I really like the growth he's had this season. I don't like him more than a 3'rd CB right now but I love his competitive spirit and he's the best tackler on our team. I think he has some more upside left in him too.

Still think we need one, ideally two more good CB's to really get this group going. What about you all?

Terrell is solid. I personally don’t think he will ever be anything special, but he’s fine. Dennard is a FA unless I’m mistaken but I’m pretty sure we only signed him to a 1 year deal. Oliver is okay enough as a #3 and looked better playing the slot. I’m out on Sheff at this point. Blidi is still probably our most consistent CB even though we refused to play him. Like you said we can use at minimum one more corner, if not two decent additions. 

I don't know if we have good talent or poor coaching at the position. I've seen times when Oliver looked to be improving only for him to regress. I don't know what to make of Sheffield, but Dennard and Terrell seem to be okay. Our pass rush is still terrible, so that's not helping. 

14 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Terrell is solid. I personally don’t think he will ever be anything special, but he’s fine. Dennard is a FA unless I’m mistaken but I’m pretty sure we only signed him to a 1 year deal. Oliver is okay enough as a #3 and looked better playing the slot. I’m out on Sheff at this point. Blidi is still probably our most consistent CB even though we refused to play him. Like you said we can use at minimum one more corner, if not two decent additions. 

Yeah Dennard's a FA but it would likely be relatively easy to bring him back if we wanted. 

Forgot to Mention Blidi. He's in the same boat as Dennard for me. Okay depth but you don't want to be relying on him.

6 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I don't know if we have good talent or poor coaching at the position. I've seen times when Oliver looked to be improving only for him to regress. I don't know what to make of Sheffield, but Dennard and Terrell seem to be okay. Our pass rush is still terrible, so that's not helping. 

Yeah, terrible safety play and terrible passrush make it hard for anyone to look great. That's why I'm curious what people think of them. For me they're the group most up in the air because they rely so much on everybody around them, which has been a bunch of nobodies this year. 

1 hour ago, Lornoth said:

I'm curious to see how people view our CB's now that the season is over. I think most of us are happy with AJ, but do people still like Sheff and hate Oliver? What about Dennard?

For me, I think AJ will be a top tier CB in the league not too long from now (assuming we get a passrush sometime soon).

I think for all the hype Sheff got early in the season he should not be higher than 4'th on a depth chart if you want a good secondary; gets picked on more than anyone and not a great tackler either. No better at the end of the year than he was at the beginning. 

As for Oliver I really like the growth he's had this season. I don't like him more than a 3'rd CB right now but I love his competitive spirit and he's the best tackler on our team. I think he has some more upside left in him too.

Still think we need one, ideally two more good CB's to really get this group going. What about you all?

Surtain will be tempting....

16 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Surtain will be tempting....

10 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Very tempting. Need someone opposite Terrell because Sheffield ain't it.  Surtain would be perfect.

I like Surtain and wouldn't be mad at all, but honestly Horn is my guy. Ideally I'd like either Horn in the first (trade down would be better) or maybe Kendrick in the second. 

AJ Terrell is the real deal. I’m not out on Sheff, though hes still not quite there yet. I think this year coming will be the tell tell. He was really raw coming out of college, but still shows a lot of potential IMO.

Oliver is serviceable if used correctly (which we finally started to do) 

Should absolutely still bring in more talent this off-season though! 

2 hours ago, Lornoth said:

I believe Terrell is a good young CB. Everyone else needs to be upgraded.