Falcons to interview Joe Brady

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You support Koetter, who averaged 24.5 ppg with top 3 personnel to work with... But you pass on Brady who averaged 22 ppg with the worst personnel in football.     Brady is still a bit of

I'm pretty positive it's going to be an offensive minded head coach hire with a vet DC. At least that's what I think we should do. 

I like this. Not saying he is the guy, but a good one to talk to and get to know.

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The funny thing is ....we were on our way to that.

Our front office spawned several gms who looked to have promise.

Caldwell in Jax 

Snead in LA.

And I think we had another guy poached from the Front office.

Several of our coaches went on to either be Head coaches or coordinators.

Mularky, Musgrave, Koetter, Shannahan.

All got promotions based on atleast in part in what they did here.

Now there is a name that I havent heard in a while, Bill Musgrave. 

5 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

These are all fair questions about him as an HC candidate.   He is a few years from being ready IMO and this is just getting his feet wet regarding the process

Carolina is an interesting rebuild.  Do you think they go QB his year?  They need to draft a true #1 WR and roll with Teddy another year IMO

Hard to say. I think they have holes all over the place and a new QB would get just demolished. But they might wanna go QB anyways. Teams don't always do what makes sense.

WR is actually one of the positions where I think they're overall ok. But it's still up in the air. Think they'll be looking at OL, MLB, CB, or TE (earliest place I could see Pitts going). FA will tell us a lot

11 hours ago, Snafu said:

With Quinn we went into that HC vacancy pretty laser focused on DQ. He was the hottest name and we knew we could get him. Everyone else was just a formality.

I dont remember much about what went on leading to the Mike Smith hire. Don't even remember what candidates we looked into, but I remember being surprised.

In addition to Mike Smith...

Jason Garrett
Rex Ryan
Jim Caldwell
Tony Sparano
Jim Schwartz
& Blank was trying to get an interview with Pete Carroll
https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/story?id=4114545&page=1

11 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'm iffy on him for a lot of reasons. Doesn't have background with both sides of the ball, barely even has NFL experience. No major experience with adversity. Hasn't looked that good yet. No big connections. It's just a huge unknown, and not in a way that seems like it'll pay off considering this team's main issues.

I think this is a misconception with Brady. He actually started his coaching career on the defensive side. People also forget he was a Saints assistant for 2 years before going to LSU. He has more experience than people give him credit for. 

I am a big fan of Brady but still think he needs another few years before he is ready to lead a football team. 

1 minute ago, chris2010 said:

I think this is a misconception with Brady. He actually started his coaching career on the defensive side. People also forget he was a Saints assistant for 2 years before going to LSU. He has more experience than people give him credit for. 

I am a big fan of Brady but still think he needs another few years before he is ready to lead a football team. 

Just looked it up, started as a LBs coach. Interesting. Big point in his book. 

For the record, I like Brady a lot. But dude is 31. He just doesn't seem anywhere near ready to me.

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Just looked it up, started as a LBs coach. Interesting. Big point in his book. 

For the record, I like Brady a lot. But dude is 31. He just doesn't seem anywhere near ready to me.

I agree.  Having coached both sides on an NFL roster is a huge plus.  Arthur Smith also starters on defense

8 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

The funny thing is ....we were on our way to that.

Our front office spawned several gms who looked to have promise.

Caldwell in Jax 

Snead in LA.

And I think we had another guy poached from the Front office.

Several of our coaches went on to either be Head coaches or coordinators.

Mularky, Musgrave, Koetter, Shannahan.

All got promotions based on atleast in part in what they did here.

Yeah. We were on the right path and then we had to get "explosive" and we've been chasing other teams ever since.

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

These are all fair questions about him as an HC candidate.   He is a few years from being ready IMO and this is just getting his feet wet regarding the process

Carolina is an interesting rebuild.  Do you think they go QB his year?  They need to draft a true #1 WR and roll with Teddy another year IMO

They've got some pretty good receivers. The problem is they have no QB. I remember watching one of their games and their trio of receivers had the most receiving yards in the NFL of any receiving trio. But Teddy is really holding that offense back.

No. Too green. Not enough experience. Has no staff to bring in. Great offensive mind but we will have same issues we had with Quinn, you will have McKay, Emery, and Webster surrounding him with out of date, driftwood, defensive coaches. We will just flip flop problems. Coach needs to be able to bring a staff or at least been in NFL long enough to have contacts. 

8 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think they draft a QB to compete. Rhule basically put Teddy on notice already.

2 hours ago, blknoble357 said:

Now there is a name that I havent heard in a while, Bill Musgrave. 

Best QB coach Matt Ryan has ever had. Think Zimmer hired him in Minnesota if I remember correctly and he worked his magic on Case Keenum. I could be totally wrong on that though.

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

No. Too green. Not enough experience. Has no staff to bring in. Great offensive mind but we will have same issues we had with Quinn, you will have McKay, Emery, and Webster surrounding him with out of date, driftwood, defensive coaches. We will just flip flop problems. Coach needs to be able to bring a staff or at least been in NFL long enough to have contacts. 

So want Sark and talked about how you want a coach with X’s and O’s knowledge. Brady is a great offensive mind. Now you don’t want him😂😂

12 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Absolutely!!! I'm so sick of the Falcons trying to be the next Patriots or the next Seahawks or the next Chiefs or whoever. Let's be the Falcons. Let's stop chasing what other teams are doing and create our own identity. Let's be the team 10 years from now teams are saying "let's be the next Falcons." That is what we should be striving for.

Might be a tall order consider we have a Buctard calling the shots...

23 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

A few things.

A ...we did not have "top 3" personnel for most of the year.... especially with Julio and Ridley being out at various times.

B. I actually watched them and B.1 know what I am watching and B.2 do not need for someone else to give me my opinion.

Which you have demonstrated not to be able to do.

Well IF it is true that you support Koetter, and for purposes of this response I will assume that is true since you did not even address that accusation previously made... supporting Koetter makes all following points of A. B. B1. and B2. moot.

Just say'in...

22 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I think he needs more time as an assistant but hes an intruiging candidate. Certainly not my favorite but would be better than many other options.

Not my favorite, but better than a retread for this team.   Fontenot would be better I think.