Falcons to interview Joe Brady

I love the game plan shown thus far by the Falcon leadership.  Interview as many potential GMs and coaches as you can.   You may not hire them this year, but you have now established a relationship with them for the future.  Someone who is not ready to run your billion dollar business now, may be ready 3-5 years later, after some seasoning.  
Hopefully, they are going into these meetings and getting some insight on how others view the Falcons personnel.  

1 hour ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Not sure he has enough NFL experience for my liking and the panthers offense wasn’t exactly a juggernaut this year (I know they were without CMC most of the year). 

That is because Teddy Bridgewater is the QB.  Teddy will not take chances with the ball and he will not drive the ball down the field unless high percent throw. That's the same reason Mike Zimmer and the Vikings let him walk to New Orleans

Just now, blknoble357 said:

That is because Teddy Bridgewater is the QB.  Teddy will not take chances with the ball and he will not drive the ball down the field unless high percent throw. That's the same reason Mike Zimmer and the Vikings let him walk to New Orleans

Still not enough NFL experience for my preference. 3 years total and only 1 year as a coordinator. Also has never been a HC at any level. 

I’ll root for whoever they hire, Brady just isn’t my preference. 

1 hour ago, QBat3 said:

I think he would be good pick, I also like the Hackett/Fontenot combo. 

if you get Brady or EB than you need your QB of the future because their Offensive Schemes likes to push the ball down the field to stretch the defense. Ryan doesn't have the arm strength to push it that far.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

A few things.

A ...we did not have "top 3" personnel for most of the year.... especially with Julio and Ridley being out at various times.

B. I actually watched them and B.1 know what I am watching and B.2 do not need for someone else to give me my opinion.

Which you have demonstrated not to be able to do.

I would say we most certainly, on paper, had top 3-5 personnel on offense heading into the season.  Unfortunately Koetter can’t coach to the strength of his team.  Classic example of round peg into square hole 

2 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

And that is something that we need to avoid.

Absolutely!!! I'm so sick of the Falcons trying to be the next Patriots or the next Seahawks or the next Chiefs or whoever. Let's be the Falcons. Let's stop chasing what other teams are doing and create our own identity. Let's be the team 10 years from now teams are saying "let's be the next Falcons." That is what we should be striving for.

2 hours ago, blknoble357 said:

if you get Brady or EB than you need your QB of the future because their Offensive Schemes likes to push the ball down the field to stretch the defense. Ryan doesn't have the arm strength to push it that far.

We will need a QB regardless of who is the coach, but I agree. I think Ryan is a great QB to learn from. 

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Absolutely!!! I'm so sick of the Falcons trying to be the next Patriots or the next Seahawks or the next Chiefs or whoever. Let's be the Falcons. Let's stop chasing what other teams are doing and create our own identity. Let's be the team 10 years from now teams are saying "let's be the next Falcons." That is what we should be striving for.

The funny thing is ....we were on our way to that.

Our front office spawned several gms who looked to have promise.

Caldwell in Jax 

Snead in LA.

And I think we had another guy poached from the Front office.

Several of our coaches went on to either be Head coaches or coordinators.

Mularky, Musgrave, Koetter, Shannahan.

All got promotions based on atleast in part in what they did here.

28 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The funny thing is ....we were on our way to that.

Our front office spawned several gms who looked to have promise.

Caldwell in Jax 

Snead in LA.

And I think we had another guy poached from the Front office.

Several of our coaches went on to either be Head coaches or coordinators.

Mularky, Musgrave, Koetter, Shannahan.

All got promotions based on atleast in part in what they did here.

we did have a top 5 team for the better part of a decade, just too snake bit to actually win a **** ring

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'm iffy on him for a lot of reasons. Doesn't have background with both sides of the ball, barely even has NFL experience. No major experience with adversity. Hasn't looked that good yet. No big connections. It's just a huge unknown, and not in a way that seems like it'll pay off considering this team's main issues.

These are all fair questions about him as an HC candidate.   He is a few years from being ready IMO and this is just getting his feet wet regarding the process

Carolina is an interesting rebuild.  Do you think they go QB his year?  They need to draft a true #1 WR and roll with Teddy another year IMO