Falcons to interview Joe Brady

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ehhhh I saw several Panther games outside of ours.

Hard pass

You support Koetter, who averaged 24.5 ppg with top 3 personnel to work with...

But you pass on Brady who averaged 22 ppg with the worst personnel in football.  

Brady is still a bit of an unknown, but his ceiling is off the charts high.  Andy Reid would have struggled to manage 23 ppg with the Panthers personnel

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We did that last time when we hired Quinn and the time before that with Smitty.

Blank has interviewed a **** ton of coaches

With Quinn we went into that HC vacancy pretty laser focused on DQ. He was the hottest name and we knew we could get him. Everyone else was just a formality.

I dont remember much about what went on leading to the Mike Smith hire. Don't even remember what candidates we looked into, but I remember being surprised.

12 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You support Koetter, who averaged 24.5 ppg with top 3 personnel to work with...

But you pass on Brady who averaged 22 ppg with the worst personnel in football.  

Brady is still a bit of an unknown, but his ceiling is off the charts high.  Andy Reid would have struggled to manage 23 ppg with the Panthers personnel

A few things.

A ...we did not have "top 3" personnel for most of the year.... especially with Julio and Ridley being out at various times.

B. I actually watched them and B.1 know what I am watching and B.2 do not need for someone else to give me my opinion.

Which you have demonstrated not to be able to do.

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

A few things.

A ...we did not have "top 3" personnel for most of the year.... especially with Julio and Ridley being out at various times.

B. I actually watched them and B.1 know what I am watching and B.2 do not need for someone else to give me my opinion.

Which you have demonstrated not to be able to do.

Lighten up, goon.

Dude didn't say anything out of pocket to you.

Edited by Snafu

I'm iffy on him for a lot of reasons. Doesn't have background with both sides of the ball, barely even has NFL experience. No major experience with adversity. Hasn't looked that good yet. No big connections. It's just a huge unknown, and not in a way that seems like it'll pay off considering this team's main issues.

21 minutes ago, SLEVEN said:

Oof, I’d like to think this is just them doing their due diligence and he’d have to blow them away far more than the other guys with much more experience. 

Copy cat league, looking for the next Mcvay  

And that is something that we need to avoid.