1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’d argue no team wins at all those areas. Maybe Chargers are favorite with Herbert for location. Rest is a crap shoot. JAX sucks.

I agree. I think it is a bit of a crap shoot this year. You do hear over and over again that Blank and McKay are super respected in the "circles". I think it also looks good that our coaches and GMs definitely get a fair shake. So I like to think that helps. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let’s remember though, just because they are touted as the best candidates by the media doesn’t make it true. If we don’t get the “top guys”, we still have a chance to get our match.  Frank Reich w

Worse off than a lot of teams, sure. But I think our woes are exaggerated. The biggest hindrance is Julio and Matt's dead money. I've heard from folks I trust that the 175 mil cap protection is ridicu

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

It's been rumored that we are looking for offensive. I wonder how much truth is in that statement. Feels like something they probably wouldn't reveal simply to avoid offending potential hires.

They said they were fixated on getting an offensive minded head coach in 2007 and that’s how they ended up with Petrino. 

6 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Let’s remember though, just because they are touted as the best candidates by the media doesn’t make it true. If we don’t get the “top guys”, we still have a chance to get our match. 

Frank Reich wasn’t the top choice for the Colts. Only after Josh McDaniels backed out did they go for Reich, and that has turned out well for them. Some of the best coaches come out of no where. Tomlin was the last of 6 or so interviews for the Pittsburgh job and that has been fantastic for them. 

I think it’s more important we take our time and evaluate these guys rather than rush into it or just go with the hot name. Quinn was the hot name at the time and he turned out horribly. 

This is the reply to read right here...and on the flip side, Quinn was THE hot coach when we hired him. We interviewed him and let all other candidates go elsewhere because we were zeroed in on the hot coach. How did that work out? It’s a marathon, not a sprint...do the proper due diligence and get it right this time! And leave Korn- Ferry out of this ****...we aren’t hiring a director of sales for a Fortune 500 company.

Just now, 1989Fan said:

This is the reply to read right here...and on the flip side, Quinn was THE hot coach when we hired him. We interviewed him and let all other candidates go elsewhere because we were zeroed in on the hot coach. How did that work out? It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Wasn’t Quinn the most successful of 2015 hires ? 

2 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Wasn’t Quinn the most successful of 2015 hires ? 

That I do not know. All I know is he wasn’t successful enough, and his success was tethered to Shanahan. The team was never the same without him, and he tried to make every OC after him a clone, which failed miserably.

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Right, it’s not as sexy as blowing up the entire team with new QB in Madden. This team is 8-9 win team with right coach.m even with the same team in the 2020.

OK then explain what the point of fielding that team? Seriously, your cool with a team that goes 8-8 or 9-7 next year(ceiling). Rather just start over, instead of trying to wedge the window open when it just makes no sense. a .500 team by in large is the worst record in all of football and that what we now aspire to at this point.

Matt Ryan or Julio Jones will never win a SB in Atlanta. That ship sailrd now 4 years ago.

Edited by PointSwayzee
10 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Let’s remember though, just because they are touted as the best candidates by the media doesn’t make it true. If we don’t get the “top guys”, we still have a chance to get our match. 

Frank Reich wasn’t the top choice for the Colts. Only after Josh McDaniels backed out did they go for Reich, and that has turned out well for them. Some of the best coaches come out of no where. Tomlin was the last of 6 or so interviews for the Pittsburgh job and that has been fantastic for them. 

I think it’s more important we take our time and evaluate these guys rather than rush into it or just go with the hot name. Quinn was the hot name at the time and he turned out horribly. 

This x100000

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

This is the reply to read right here...and on the flip side, Quinn was THE hot coach when we hired him. We interviewed him and let all other candidates go elsewhere because we were zeroed in on the hot coach. How did that work out? It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

Exactly man. I think all of us here were really on the Quinn or nothing train, and it seems the FO was too. They went for the hot name and got burned 100%. I am no expert in hiring head coaches, but we need someone who truly understands X’s and O’s, is a real detail oriented leader, and most importantly, loves football and will make any adjustments necessary to stay on top of the game. 

3 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

OK then explain what the point of fielding that team? Seriously, your cool with a team that goes 8-8 or 9-7 next year(ceiling). Rather just start over, instead of trying to wedge the window open when it just makes no sense. a .500 team by in large is the worst record in all of football and that what we now aspire to at this point.

Matt Ryan or Julio Jones will never win a SB in Atlanta. That ship sailrd now 4 years ago.

I didn’t say any of it. You made it all up. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Blank- This is not a game of patience this is a game of results. And someone one twitter replied- coming form the owner who has kept a failed GM for 20 years with poor results. Pretty funny. Listening too and watching twitter same time pretty funny. 

Twitter knows absolutely nothing...that "failed GM" put together a playoff roster in his first year for a team that hadn't been to the playoffs in four years, went to the NFCCG in his fourth year, the Super Bowl in his 8th year, and was NFL Executive of the Year twice...

1 minute ago, falcons007 said:

I didn’t say any of it. You made it all up. 

You said if we got a good coach in here this is an 8-8 or 9-7 team, even with the same team. About right? 

You think big roster changes are coming if we are trying to pry this "competition" window open? 

I did say that Ryan and Julio would not win a SB in Atlanta, so yeah I guess I did make that up(but check back with me on that in a few years)

8 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

I’d argue no team wins at all those areas. Maybe Chargers are favorite with Herbert for location. Rest is a crap shoot. JAX sucks.

Completely agree no team is perfect.  I am probably thinking about these jobs in terms of the kind of guys who chase jobs like these.  Jax has a ton of cap and a team that more or less needs to be built in the image of the coach...desirable imo.  LA has good talent and good amount of cap.  Texans job will be a good for an OC coach to build on.   I obviously think Atlanta is the spot personally but I think that dispassionate folk might see us 3 or 4 on that list.

Just now, PointSwayzee said:

You said if we got a good coach in here this is an 8-8 or 9-7 team, even with the same team. About right? 

You think big roster changes are coming if we are trying to pry this "competition" window open? 

I did say that Ryan and Julio would not win a SB in Atlanta, so yeah I guess I did make that up(but check back with me on that in a few years)

Reading comprehension and reading with context is not your friend. You are too emotional about Ryan and Julio. 

1 minute ago, PointSwayzee said:

Which alt should we check back with?