The Falcons SHOULD have made the playoffs this year!

The Bears made the playoffs at 8-8. That should have been the Falcons spot. The Falcons should have beaten Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, the Chargers and Tampa Bay the first time. KC is a little iffy. The Falcons should have won at least 8 or 9 games. I'm glad they didn't because we obviously needed a new coaching staff.

But don't think for one second the Falcons can't make the playoffs next year. In fact they probably should make it.

Don't think for one second the Falcons can't be a super bowl contender by 2022 and 2023. 

The Falcons should have been a playoff team this season even with no running game, poor defense and a mediocre coaching staff. 

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Bears made the playoffs at 8-8. That should have been the Falcons spot. The Falcons should have beaten Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, the Chargers and Tampa Bay the first time. KC is a little iffy. The Falcons should have won at least 8 or 9 games. I'm glad they didn't because we obviously needed a new coaching staff.

But don't think for one second the Falcons can't make the playoffs next year. In fact they probably should make it.

Don't think for one second the Falcons can't be a super bowl contender by 2022 and 2023. 

The Falcons should have been a playoff team this season even with no running game, poor defense and a mediocre coaching staff. 

28-3... Maybe we shoulda won that one? 

We were at minimum a 7-9 team; despite no run game and bipolar offense/defense overall.

Vastly worse record than it should have been.

3rd worst under-performance since the merger.

THAT is why coaching blew multiple games and why a coach can not only right the ship but imagine having upgrades OUTSIDE of the obvious win condition scenarios that coaching blew this year.

Team could easily be a 10 win team with the right coaching staff and no player changes. :tiphat:

They aren’t a very good team. Too many roster holes, poor coaching hires,  and big contracts and draft busts caught up to them.  Playoffs would have meant a week of excitement, a few more dollars for Blank, and more delusion from management about their team. I’m personally looking forward to some much needed changes. This version has run its course. Don’t know if it’s a renovation or a full tear down and rebuild but I say bring it on, whatever it is. The better draft picks could help a lot. 

I'm of the opinion that "you are what your record says you are!"  The fact that we choked a myriad of times, is on us. The staff, the players, everybody involved with this organization. We sucked, and it was/is time for a burn down. A new GM, and a new HC awaits us, and that is 100% warranted, because we were 4 & 12. If you are 4 & 12, you suck, and we need to own that. The new regime needs to get rid of this "Well, we almost did it. We just need to go back to work, and execute better" narrative. Its garbage.

17 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

As it has been said you are what your record says you are and the Falcons are a 4 win team.

Yes, they are. The point he's making is that with decent coaching, the talent on the field could have put up a much better record. I tend to agree. I don't think that we've had a respectable head coach in about 20 years. The vast majority of our success has been due to having a hall of fame QB and WR. For two seasons, we had a **** good OC.  For two additional seasons, we had a pretty decent OC, but decided to throw him under the bus instead of the head coach and defensive coordinator, where the problem was. Then we made, possibly the worst decision in franchise history by bringing back a horrible OC to pair with an equally horrible HC. This team has been horribly mismanaged for a very long time, despite having some hall of fame talent in key positions.

4 minutes ago, robertap said:

Yes, they are. The point he's making is that with decent coaching, the talent on the field could have put up a much better record. I tend to agree. I don't think that we've had a respectable head coach in about 20 years. The vast majority of our success has been due to having a hall of fame QB and WR. For two seasons, we had a **** good OC.  For two additional seasons, we had a pretty decent OC, but decided to throw him under the bus instead of the head coach and defensive coordinator, where the problem was. Then we made, possibly the worst decision in franchise history by bringing back a horrible OC to pair with an equally horrible HC. This team has been horribly mismanaged for a very long time, despite having some hall of fame talent in key positions.

That's the thing most people don't realize about the NFL.

At a talent level the teams are really close to each other with the exception of a few teams.

Coaching is such a huge deal in the NFL.

Yes, you are correct , we should have but we didn't have the right Coaches ,,  And that is the reason why we didn't. Point blank period ,, over and out!  Nuff said !  Get the right Coaches and the right System to suit Ryan,, And we will make the playoffs, Next season ,,  Get the DL with the first two picks in this =draft and get the OL we need in proven Vets ONLY! And it will happen.. But not until they do this.  The Front office can't see the Forrest for the Trees.  But really they need to get a GM that has a clue of how to build a Championship team.. Some one who has done it before.

I can't lie... When I'm having a bad day. I wait for OP to start a thread to cheer me up. I should be a millionaire too dude, but I was never taught money management, didn't listen to my friends stock advice and drank most of my paychecks away. But here I am buddy. Stuck in the situation I am in because of my actions lol. I don't cry about it or think deeply about the what ifs. I just learn, move forward and work harder. 

The post I made are from analytic database that says we were SOOOO bad at not even managing 7 or 8 wins compared to the norm for teams with the point differential.

We should have easily won vs Cowboys.

Clearly blown.

We should have easily finished the Lions playing for FG and no time remaining.

Granted you can’t guarantee a Koo make but other than the KC game he was automatic on FGs this year. But we aren’t even asking for that game back.

And not running the ball up by 16 on Chicago in the middle of the 4th Quarter.

Those are strategical blunders that cost your team. That is coaching.

Coaching is why the team couldn’t even manage its “usual” 7-9 mark for teams that output the point margin we did. That’s the floor for this team. No player change just coach change and it’s 7-9 at minimum.

Now imagine the run game worked.

Imagine we had a S with range and signing a DE like Fowler actually generated regular pressures and more sacks.

1 hour ago, EpicBird said:

They aren’t a very good team. Too many roster holes, poor coaching hires,  and big contracts and draft busts caught up to them.  Playoffs would have meant a week of excitement, a few more dollars for Blank, and more delusion from management about their team. I’m personally looking forward to some much needed changes. This version has run its course. Don’t know if it’s a renovation or a full tear down and rebuild but I say bring it on, whatever it is. The better draft picks could help a lot. 

Don't rebuild. Reload.

Take all the +/- of any player or coach or play or some perceived slight by the refs off the table for a second.

I Look at it differently than simply we should have been in postseason or have a winning record or that we’re the Best 4-12 Team which is a goofy thing to say. 

I see 10 single score finishes this season and 6 of those are Losses. My “mulligan” for the 2020 season would be to have the confidence and the effort to close those single possession games into more wins than losses. 

Hey, we (yes, with Matt Ryan, see I’m not being mean) embarrassed the Raiders. Did that loss change the outcome of their season?  Probably. 
And maybe despite our efforts we go down to the Pack and the Hawks and Saints at least 1 time because they’re fighting even if we wish they weren’t. 

We didn’t have to lose all the games we lost. We showed up at Panthers 1 already beaten and, same with GB. You can’t win if you don’t expect to. 

The league is very competitive, there’s not much talent gap between KC and JAX. It’s minuscule. The difference is the expectation and the on field and off field leadership. 

Finish the last 7-8 minutes of 5 1-possession losses and we will be in the playoffs. 

Don’t you think on some level at least some players and staff are thinking “we’re gonna blow this easy drive extension in the last couple minutes”?  I do. You can see it on the sidelines. It’s not Mr. Blank’s evil stare that keeps us out of the end zone in the 4th. It’s not some official who suddenly stops managing the clock on our last possession more often than not. It’s that we have learned to lose and have over the years believed there is something about us they we can’t control. 

Edited by Killing Floor