2021 National Championship Ohio State vs Alabama

Spts1

23 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Fromm is still *** remember that

Both left college having started and lost a NC game and neither won the Heisman.  Oh well, many will remember Fields as the entitled guy who left UGA because he didn’t play enough as true freshman, transfers out for greener pastures, and comes up short for the Heisman and gets throttled in the NC game.

Edited by Turkeydawg

3 hours ago, joefalco said:

is this Bama team the best team ever? 10 game SEC only schedule, sec champ, undefeated, never scored less than 45 points (i think). 

they were really good. i hate bama fans, but **** Saban knows how to coach and prep his team. 

Best offense they've ever had but they've had much better defenses.

3 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Both left college having started and lost a NC game and neither won the Heisman.  Oh well, many will remember Fields as the entitled guy who left UGA because he didn’t play enough as true freshman, transfers out for greener pastures, and comes up short for the Heisman and gets throttled in the NC game.

The decision worked out great for him. I bet he also has better NFL career than the guy he didn't beat out. 

Made it to the playoff twice. Heisman finalist. Big Ten Championships. Didn't have to sit out a year. 

52 minutes ago, GAbred said:

The decision worked out great for him. I bet he also has better NFL career than the guy he didn't beat out. 

Made it to the playoff twice. Heisman finalist. Big Ten Championships. Didn't have to sit out a year. 

The only thing he'll have over Fromm is a bigger bank account. He still can't read a defense or run a pro offense. QB's coming out of that OSU system have a horrendous track record at the next level and Justin better hope he drops and has to sit a couple of years behind an established starter or he's going to be out of the league as fast as the other OSU QB's.

43 minutes ago, Ransack said:

The only thing he'll have over Fromm is a bigger bank account. He still can't read a defense or run a pro offense. QB's coming out of that OSU system have a horrendous track record at the next level and Justin better hope he drops and has to sit a couple of years behind an established starter or he's going to be out of the league as fast as the other OSU QB's.

That bank account is a pretty big deal. What does Fromm really have over him? He can read a defense better? He does well preparing? Fromm may never even suit up in a game in the NFL. 

If Fields wasn't any good would Georgia fans be concerned at all? Nope. 

5 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Alabama did exactly what I expected them to do...they returned all they star players that could come back..Ohio St was over matched 

Sark demolished our linebackers. He saw that they couldn't play in space. In fact (with the exception of Hilliard) they even looked horrible in the box against Harris.

2 hours ago, GAbred said:

exactly 😂😂😂 ...imagine trying to rationalize that silly *** take because someone didn’t want to play for your team any more. 

imagine trying to compare a top 5 pick to a guy that’s on the practice squad and **** near got cut 

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

That bank account is a pretty big deal. What does Fromm really have over him? He can read a defense better? He does well preparing? Fromm may never even suit up in a game in the NFL. 

Who said Fields wasn’t any good?

However, when he got upset and left after his freshman year, you had people acting like he was the greatest qb to ever suit up and that he would win a Heisman and a national championship - none of which happened.  Did he really gain anything by leaving?  There’s no way to know, but if he did gain anything, I can’t imagine it was much.

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

I really don't care what happens to Fromm. He performed well enough to win against Bama twice and the team didn't pull it out. As far as Fields is concerned I'm fine with him going wherever he wanted to go but at least go somewhere where they are going to develop you as a QB. OSU was a bad choice for that and it's going to cost him at the next level.

12 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Who said Fields wasn’t any good?

However, when he got upset and left after his freshman year, you had people acting like he was the greatest qb to ever suit up and that he would win a Heisman and a national championship - none of which happened.  Did he really gain anything by leaving?  There’s no way to know, but if he did gain anything, I can’t imagine it was much.

I guess I don't understand how he didn't gain anything? If he stayed he likely is the back up another year and then learning a new system this year. What an I missing?

And you didn't say he wasn't good. Didn't mean to imply that

20 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I really don't care what happens to Fromm. He performed well enough to win against Bama twice and the team didn't pull it out. As far as Fields is concerned I'm fine with him going wherever he wanted to go but at least go somewhere where they are going to develop you as a QB. OSU was a bad choice for that and it's going to cost him at the next level.

Out of curiosity, where would you suggest one go? Who or what system has proven results? I used to think pro style but I'm not sure that is so true. I haven't taken the time to see what system some of the young successful NFL qbs have come from. Maybe talent is talent and you have to be in the right situation. 

57 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Out of curiosity, where would you suggest one go? Who or what system has proven results? I used to think pro style but I'm not sure that is so true. I haven't taken the time to see what system some of the young successful NFL qbs have come from. Maybe talent is talent and you have to be in the right situation. 

I'm not as up to date on who is running what system these days as I used to be. I do know that if you are looking for an edge at the next level you need to play in a system that requires you to audible and check in and out of plays at the line based on defensive alignment. Also the system needs to have option routes built into the pass play concepts.  You have to know where you're going with the ball based on what you see at the line and what the defense does after the snap. It's hard to learn and that's why you see so many systems stop and look at the sideline for the coach to read the defense. At the pro level those training wheels are gone and most of these college QB's can't pick it up fast enough. You also have to be able to take snaps under center and trun your back to the defense which is another massive learning curve for a lot of these guys.

4 hours ago, Ransack said:

Agreed,  but we also know his track record when he has to sit.

7 hours ago, GAbred said:

I guess I don't understand how he didn't gain anything? If he stayed he likely is the back up another year and then learning a new system this year. What an I missing?

And you didn't say he wasn't good. Didn't mean to imply that

I guess he’s saying if he stayed he would have been leading UGA to the national championship this year.