2021 National Championship Ohio State vs Alabama

Spts1

Ohio State can say they did about as well as anyone else did versus Bama.

FWIW, I still believe UGA was one of the best 4 teams in the nation by end of season. Had it been an expanded playoff field I think UGA would have done as well as, if not better than, every other team not called Alabama. 

On to next season.

30 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

As I saw elsewhere, it’s ironic that the qb who waited his turn and didn’t transfer, beat the one who did.

sigh....   what might have been.  IFs and BUTs; Candies and Nuts.

51 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

Ohio State can say they did about as well as anyone else did versus Bama.

FWIW, I still believe UGA was one of the best 4 teams in the nation by end of season. Had it been an expanded playoff field I think UGA would have done as well as, if not better than, every other team not called Alabama. 

On to next season.

The team that honestly played Alabama the toughest was.... Ole Miss lmao. Don't care what the final score says. That was a stressful game. 

1 minute ago, tl;dr said:

The team that honestly played Alabama the toughest was.... Ole Miss lmao. Don't care what the final score says. That was a stressful game. 

Agree on Ole Miss game.

I do believe the UGA game would have been a tight game IF the Georgia QB play was up to par. Bama still very likely wins in a shootout with about 100 pts. scored.

22 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

Agree on Ole Miss game.

I do believe the UGA game would have been a tight game IF the Georgia QB play was up to par. Bama still very likely wins in a shootout with about 100 pts. scored.

UGA has a 24 to 20 lead against Bama at halftime and they had their full compliment of players and we had stetson at qb.. those 3 ints and bama capitalizing were the difference in that game..  ole miss gave them the biggest battle due to ole miss not shooting themselves in the foot, but to be on the road at bama with a walk on qb to have a halftime lead says a lot about the dawgs.  I wish we had daniels then because that game could have had a different outcome in the end, but we will never know.  Bama is a heck of a team and a champion this year and they clearly earned it outclassing the other playoff teams.   

45 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

Unconfirmed, but it was reported that Justin tried to enter the transfer portal halfway into the 2nd quarter.

lolol.  i was stunned at halftime how stetson has better stats against bama's defense then mr. top 5 pick did.  stetson was never going to win us a title, but he is a DGD and really did a good job overall considering how limited he is talent wise. 

is this Bama team the best team ever? 10 game SEC only schedule, sec champ, undefeated, never scored less than 45 points (i think). 

they were really good. i hate bama fans, but **** Saban knows how to coach and prep his team. 

1 hour ago, LawDawg said:

Unconfirmed, but it was reported that Justin tried to enter the transfer portal halfway into the 2nd quarter.

It should be noted that Fromm played much better in the national championship game against Bama than Fields did last night! Just pointing it out.

1 hour ago, PapaJoe said:

Agree on Ole Miss game.

The Ole Miss game to end of the first half of the Georgia game was all stressful for me lol

40 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

It should be noted that Fromm played much better in the national championship game against Bama than Fields did last night! Just pointing it out.

Yep and Fromm played against a better defensive Alabama team as well.  Fromm over 300 yards and 3 tds in that sec title game against bama.  Heading into the game against clemson fields had 2 tds and 5 ints against top 25 teams.. then he had a 6 td and 1 int game which was an aberration and not what he really is.  what we saw from fields last night is what we have seen from him most of the year against top 25 teams.  he makes poor reads, overthrows, and just doesn't do a good job putting the ball into space for his receivers to catch the ball.