2021 National Championship Ohio State vs Alabama

Lets do this!  We got to shut down Harris like we did Etienne.  Thats gonna be the key to winning this thing.  We can't let them beat us in two phases of the game,  got to take away the running game.  Pete Werner and Tuf Borland got to show up again.  I'm hoping Sark does not force them into pass coverage too much, thats their only weakness.  Sermon is gonna have to eat again.  The battle in the pits gonna be ferocious. Its gonna be a good one.  Bama can be beat and we gonna do it.   Ohio State 31- 24 over Bama.

Alabama vs. Ohio State Odds: Opening Spread, Over/Under & Our Projections  for National Title Game

Ohio State Rewrites Story with Convincing CFP Semifinal Win over Clemson -  Sports Illustrated Ohio State Buckeyes News, Analysis and More

The National Championship Game is Set

ESPN Computer's Early Prediction For Alabama vs. Ohio State

Pete Werner, Ohio State, Outside Linebacker

Ohio State: Proven captain Tuf Borland leading in offseason for Buckeyes

LIVE BLOG: Ohio State defeats Clemson 49-28 in Sugar Bowl, reaches national  championship game | NBC4 WCMH-TV

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unconfirmed, but it was reported that Justin tried to enter the transfer portal halfway into the 2nd quarter.  

So, who gets ball to start the second half?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Yeah. I went too low.  38-31 Ohio State.  I like the match up in the trenches. Ohio State will slow down Bama.

They haven’t scored less that 40 points in the last 25 games.  I don’t see it happening in this one either although it might happen if you keep their O off the field 

I think this will be a good game but bama beat 4 teams that finished in the top 10 of the final playoff rankings.  They clearly took their foot off the gas in the 2nd half of Notre Dame, which is unusual for them.  I just don't see Ohio St. beating them.  I could be wrong but I don't see it.

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Ohio State has covid issues. NCAA is considering postponing the game for another week.

I heard there were 2 starting DL men and a few on the depth chart.

I think if they have the required number of scholarship players, they need to play. Ohio State has had every concession given to them, they need to play!

Or maybe it is true, they just want another week for Fields to heal!

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I heard there were 2 starting DL men and a few on the depth chart.

I think if they have the required number of scholarship players, they need to play. Ohio State has had every concession given to them, they need to play!

Or maybe it is true, they just want another week for Fields to heal!

QFT

Alabama with Waddle possibly coming back is scary. Plus Alabama has the best OL in the country, the best WR in the country (possibly the best group by a nice margin if Waddle comes back), the best RB in the country, and arguably the best QB in the country. Also a TE that has emerged.

Alabama went up 14 against ND then decided it was time to get ready for next week. 

Think Fields and Ohio State's offense will score though

Sounds like Waddle is playing and Ohio State has COVID issues. They could win the game, but hopefully they don't postpone the game unless it's insanely rampant. They already had the rules bent for them in terms of the 6 game limit and then the 21 day restriction that was reduced to 17 days. I know that's the Big 10 and not the NCAA, but it's still absurd. The Big 10 wouldn't make that exception for anyone but Ohio State. 

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Sounds like Waddle is playing and Ohio State has COVID issues. They could win the game, but hopefully they don't postpone the game unless it's insanely rampant. They already had the rules bent for them in terms of the 6 game limit and then the 21 day restriction that was reduced to 17 days. I know that's the Big 10 and not the NCAA, but it's still absurd. The Big 10 wouldn't make that exception for anyone but Ohio State and ESPN  (OSSPN).

fixed for you.

5 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Sounds like Waddle is playing and Ohio State has COVID issues. They could win the game, but hopefully they don't postpone the game unless it's insanely rampant. They already had the rules bent for them in terms of the 6 game limit and then the 21 day restriction that was reduced to 17 days. I know that's the Big 10 and not the NCAA, but it's still absurd. The Big 10 wouldn't make that exception for anyone but Ohio State. 

That conference is officially the big ohio st now.  I cannot stand the big ten how they just bow down to OSU this year. 

On 1/5/2021 at 10:32 PM, tl;dr said:

Alabama with Waddle possibly coming back is scary. Plus Alabama has the best OL in the country, the best WR in the country (possibly the best group by a nice margin if Waddle comes back), the best RB in the country, and arguably the best QB in the country. Also a TE that has emerged.

Alabama went up 14 against ND then decided it was time to get ready for next week. 

Think Fields and Ohio State's offense will score though

OSU's WR's aren't going to run past Bama's secondary as easily as it did against Clemson.

18 hours ago, tl;dr said:

We got the juice...

Ohio State Buckeyes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

OhioStateDougie_original.gif

8 hours ago, Ransack said:

OSU's WR's aren't going to run past Bama's secondary as easily as it did against Clemson.

Bama secondary?  :lol:  BOTH secondaries were horrible this season.  Ohio State AND Alabama's.   The key for us is stopping Bama's running game like we did with Clemson. THEN, we gonna feed on the quarterback...