Robert Saleh is by far my favorite candidate AS LONG AS HE BRINGS IN MIKE MCDANIEL AS OC!

Mike McDaniel (the 49ers RB coach) would give Matt Ryan the running game he needs and be a great fit for him.

Robert Saleh is a real defensive coordinator who runs his own defense (unlike Dan Quinn) and is a leader of men. 

If Mike McDaniel gets our offense rolling like 2016 we can promote him to head coach if we don't want to lose him like we did Kyle Shanahan.

Edited by Falcons Fan MVP
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Arthur Smith. Then we’ll know that the team will put an emphasis on having a strong running game for as long as he’s here.

So hire one guy to be head coach. Give an unknown unproven guy his first OC job.  If the OC gets the offense rolling and the team winning, then fire the winning leader of men HC offer the OC

Man, I know it's not just you that says that but that's just not a valid point. If the team does well, there is nobody out there that is firing the head coach to promote a coordinator. I think it's be

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Mike McDaniel (the 49ers RB coach) would give Matt Ryan the running game he needs and be a great fit for him.

Robert Saleh is a real defensive coordinator who runs his own defense (unlike Dan Quinn) and is a leader of men. 

If Mike McDaniel gets our offense rolling like 2016 we can promote him to head coach if we don't want to lose him like we did Kyle Shanahan.

Man, I know it's not just you that says that but that's just not a valid point. If the team does well, there is nobody out there that is firing the head coach to promote a coordinator. I think it's better if we just hire an offensive minded HC and not have to worry about him being hired away. 

5 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Man, I know it's not just you that says that but that's just not a valid point. If the team does well, there is nobody out there that is firing the head coach to promote a coordinator. I think it's better if we just hire an offensive minded HC and not have to worry about him being hired away. 

The Falcons are interviewing a lot of defensive minded head coaching candidates today so don't be surprised if we get one like that.

I personally am not overly impressed with any of the offensive minded head coaching candidates other than Daboll.

3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

So hire one guy to be head coach.

Give an unknown unproven guy his first OC job. 

If the OC gets the offense rolling and the team winning, then fire the winning leader of men HC offer him the HC job so he doesn't leave?

That plan is not well thought out.

It depends. If our offense is scoring at will and the defense is still struggling yeah promote McDaniel. If the defense is pulling it's weight than keep Saleh. 

Looking back in hindsight we probably should have kept Kyle Shanahan and fired DQ although everyone hated Kyle for blowing the sb.

14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

yea just for McDaniel to get snatched by another team to become a HC and the cycle starts all over again why not just make McDaniel the HC

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It depends. If our offense is scoring at will and the defense is still struggling yeah promote McDaniel. If the defense is pulling it's weight than keep Saleh. 

Looking back in hindsight we probably should have kept Kyle Shanahan and fired DQ although everyone hated Kyle for blowing the sb.

No team would fire their HC literally fresh off a SB appearance.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

From what I hear Mike McDaniel is going to be Robert Saleh's OC. 

I wouldn't mind him as head coach though.

Then it would make more sense to just interview McDaniel and see if he is a viable HC candidate than doing that to Saleh.

You'd lose respect around the league if you did business like that. It could come back to bite you if or when you have to hire another HC.

Robert Saleh doesn't run his own defense and is very much in the same mold as DQ. Robert Saleh's defense is the same as DQ's and what Seattle run. That didn't work in San Fran, he almost lost his job until he brought in Kris Kocurek and Joe Woods. The wide 9 defensive front that they now run was installed by Kocurek.

Mike McDaniel would be a great hire but his connections are to Shanahan and not Saleh.

I get the idea on him, but in the current league makeup, the man in charge needs to be the offensive play caller. It's a scoring league now, because all the rules are aimed at producing high scoring games. Maximizing that at the top is the only way to go.

Let the new DC concentrate on his duties full time. Trust me, he's going to need 25 hours in a day to fix that mess, lol. 

1 hour ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

No team would fire their HC literally fresh off a SB appearance.

Point of order: 

After what he allowed to happen in 51, I'd have fired Quinn the moment he got on the plane. 

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Falcons are interviewing a lot of defensive minded head coaching candidates today so don't be surprised if we get one like that.

I personally am not overly impressed with any of the offensive minded head coaching candidates other than Daboll.

How DC are the Falcons interviewing today?

Is there any historical evidence that an offensive-minded HC new hire actually brings high-octane offense to his new team? Likewise, is there any historical evidence that a defensive-minded HC brings in a tough, hard nosed mindset and defensive improvements? I'm not seeing it with our Falcons, at least since Dan Reeves. I don't think an offensive or defensive guru necessarily makes for a great HC.. sure they make for great coordinators, but the HC (unless they are running the offense/defense.. at which point what is the coordinator doing?) needs to have ALL aspects of the team under control. Hyper focusing on one aspect of the team as HC doesn't seem like the best use of a HC's time.

2 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

But who do you hire then?

Shanahan was a reason for the SB 51 loss also.

The head coach has a headset on and hears everything that happens. Absolutely everything that happens from a decision making standpoint is his responsibility alone. 

I'd have promoted Shanny right after I fired Quinn. It didn't take a genius to know who was responsible for our success, because it surely wasn't a great defense that got us to the SB.