Why Taking a QB at #4 Won’t...and Shouldn’t...Happen

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1) You draft a QB when your current QB is bad...ours isn’t. 2) You draft a QB when your QB is ending his career...ours isn’t. 3) You draft a QB so you can take advantage of the rookie wage s

I think our chance of winning one in the next three years is higher with Ryan than a QB we could take this year.  After that you take a QB that gives you a better chance the following five years than

With a better OC and a better defense, why couldn't we??

On 1/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, Rings said:

Now that you’ve seen Big Ben play against a team without a coach and both starting CBs throw three INTs in the first half, four in the game, has your tune changed at all?  Probably not.  He lost them the game...Ryan hasn’t played this bad all year or in any game in the post season in his career.  But you keep say I’m digging for why I think Ben played worse than Ryan...

He lost them a game...Brady lost games this year for the Bucs.

You think this was a point you made?  Good lord the delusion.

Just now, TheDirtyWordII said:

He lost them a game...Brady lost games this year for the Bucs.

You think this was a point you made?  Good lord the delusion.

Delusion?  Dude you use wins and losses as to why QBs are better.  Take a seat.  You said Ben was better than Ryan this year, which almost no one would agree with, other than casual fans who don’t actually watch the games and just go off record and what sport center tells them.  There is delusion alright, and I’ve been replying to it for some reason for almost a week hoping to wake you up.  Obviously, I’m wasting my time.

2 hours ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

Yeah and how long will it take for that to pan out? We only get 7 picks (barring any trades), we have so many holes on the team and whiffs on high draft picks. It's not like we're going to win the Super Bowl because of a few draft picks from 2021.  Matt Ryan and Julio probably have a few good seasons left.

Savvy free agent acquisitions and trades along with draft picks can change the directory of a team. If we're solely building a roster through the draft then that sounds like the beginning of a rebuild, and we need to clear up some cap space to keep the young promising talent rather than hold on to the talent that has a few years left.

So glad you’re not one of the finalist for our next GM.

6 minutes ago, Vandy said:

So glad you’re not one of the finalist for our next GM.

So what do you suggest, more missed playoffs until Matt retires or leaves after his contract is up?

Would you say that the Bucs acquiring Tom Brady was a bad move since they didn't draft him, they should have drafted a QB instead so they could build via the draft?

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!
3 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

So what do you suggest, more missed playoffs until Matt retires or leaves after his contract is up?

Would you say that the Bucs acquiring Tom Brady was a bad move since they didn't draft him, they should have drafted a QB instead so they could build via the draft?

I’ve suggested in here for 3 straight years they fix the coaching. Do that, draft a RB and keep investing in defensive side, and we’re back in playoffs next year.

Its not rocket science.

Just now, Vandy said:

I’ve suggested in here for 3 straight years they fix the coaching. Do that, draft a RB and keep investing in defensive, and we’re back in playoffs next year.

OK so the coaching can be fixed now since that it's a clean slate. 

Draft a RB yeah that's a start since we have backups on the roster now. We have to start investing in a C since Mack's best days are behind him. We could use another G & T on offense too for depth since OL are often injured. 

The defense has way too many holes. We need at least one new starting S, another CB to start alongside Terrell, another DE that can pressure the QB yet also seal the edge running lanes, so that maybe Fowler can do something. More depth at LB and on the D-LINE.

And that's before the cap casualties and massive cuts on the way to get under the cap.

4 minutes ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

OK so the coaching can be fixed now since that it's a clean slate. 

Draft a RB yeah that's a start since we have backups on the roster now. We have to start investing in a C since Mack's best days are behind him. We could use another G & T on offense too for depth since OL are often injured. 

The defense has way too many holes. We need at least one new starting S, another CB to start alongside Terrell, another DE that can pressure the QB yet also seal the edge running lanes, so that maybe Fowler can do something. More depth at LB and on the D-LINE.

And that's before the cap casualties and massive cuts on the way to get under the cap.

Yes, draft a RB and change OC. It would do wonders.

Defense has holes, but has a core to build around.

Massive cuts is a TAFT exaggeration.

So you’re one of the grass is greener’s wanting a QB?

Explains a lot.

23 minutes ago, Rings said:

Delusion?  Dude you use wins and losses as to why QBs are better.  Take a seat.  You said Ben was better than Ryan this year, which almost no one would agree with, other than casual fans who don’t actually watch the games and just go off record and what sport center tells them.  There is delusion alright, and I’ve been replying to it for some reason for almost a week hoping to wake you up.  Obviously, I’m wasting my time.

So you blame Big Ben for the loss?  But what about the 30 losses for the last 3 years here?

If Ryan played like Big Ben, the narrative here would be the 500 yards and 4 TD’s.

Fact is, yes - BB was bad last night.  He was the primary culprit for the Steelers.  Not just because of the INT’s, but that team wasn’t ready to play and he’s a part of that equation because someone in his position has to take accountability for that team not showing up.

But for you, you want to absolve Ryan of any type of primary responsibility and culpability for the Falcons 57-71 record these last 8 years choosing to focus on ‘depth of target’ gibberish.

At least I’m consistent...I put the blame on BB...but you’re just fanboying.

8 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So you blame Big Ben for the loss?  But what about the 30 losses for the last 3 years here?

If Ryan played like Big Ben, the narrative here would be the 500 yards and 4 TD’s.

Fact is, yes - BB was bad last night.  He was the primary culprit for the Steelers.  Not just because of the INT’s, but that team wasn’t ready to play and he’s a part of that equation because someone in his position has to take accountability for that team not showing up.

But for you, you want to absolve Ryan of any type of primary responsibility and culpability for the Falcons 57-71 record these last 8 years choosing to focus on ‘depth of target’ gibberish.

At least I’m consistent...I put the blame on BB...but you’re just fanboying.

How am I fanboying?  Find one single post where I said Ryan was perfect or void of any blame.  I’ll wait.  You’re fake dude, and it’s really easy to see right through you.  You’re making crap up at this point.  When you have no where else to go you divert attention away from it rather than admit you are in over your head.  Ryan has had issues this year and had some bad games.  When have I ever said he was perfect?  You put words in my mouth while I directly quote you.  

YOU KEEP QUOTING TEAM RECORD WHEN CALLING OUT RYAN!  Can you really not comprehend that is a team stat and not a QB stat?  Is it really that hard?  Ryan isn’t perfect but he isn’t the reason we are losing games, he’s one of the reasons we are in them.  I understand the game enough to look at our team objectively enough to understand that.  You keep making stuff up and attempt to talk down to others to try and make yourself appear more competent when you actually have no clue what your talking about.

37 minutes ago, Rings said:

How am I fanboying?  Find one single post where I said Ryan was perfect or void of any blame.  I’ll wait.  You’re fake dude, and it’s really easy to see right through you.  You’re making crap up at this point.  When you have no where else to go you divert attention away from it rather than admit you are in over your head.  Ryan has had issues this year and had some bad games.  When have I ever said he was perfect?  You put words in my mouth while I directly quote you.  

YOU KEEP QUOTING TEAM RECORD WHEN CALLING OUT RYAN!  Can you really not comprehend that is a team stat and not a QB stat?  Is it really that hard?  Ryan isn’t perfect but he isn’t the reason we are losing games, he’s one of the reasons we are in them.  I understand the game enough to look at our team objectively enough to understand that.  You keep making stuff up and attempt to talk down to others to try and make yourself appear more competent when you actually have no clue what your talking about.

57-71...more than just a few bad games.

Big Ben does what he does last night, you can’t type fast enough to blame him.  I agree with you...he was awful.

Ryan does something like that?  KOETTER/SARK/MULARKEY!!!!!  COACHING!!!!  ANYONE BUT RYAN!!!!

He’s the epicenter of a failing franchise whose fanbase is so thankful for his goodness they’re willing to accept line #1 of my post.

Pathetic.

29 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Big Ben does what he does last night, you can’t type fast enough to blame him.  I agree with you...he was awful.

Ryan does something like that?  KOETTER/SARK/MULARKEY!!!!!  COACHING!!!!  ANYONE BUT RYAN!!!!

He’s the epicenter of a failing franchise whose fanbase is so thankful for his goodness they’re willing to accept line #1 of my post.

Pathetic.

You started off with team record again.  Really?  You still hinge your argument there?  

Let me dumb this down for you by answering your question.  “Ryan does something like that?”  Ryan has never thrown more than 2 INTs in a post season game, Ben had four. The end,  Ryan has never done anything like that so we don’t have to play what if.  You said Ben was better than Ryan this year.  If you actually watched any Steelers games you would know that isn’t close to being true, but you hadn’t, you made an assumption off of wins and losses.  And the one you did watch you had no option but to admit he was bad.  

Im going to do us both a favor and just block you.  You probably think Alex Smith played better than Ryan too since he was 5-1 In his starts...Jesus.

2 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

If you believe in taking BPA....that's gonna be a QB at 4, whether it be Fields or Zach Wilson. Yall need to get on the phone and start finding a trading partner, cause if we take Parsons or Surtain at 4 with Zach Wilson on the board imma flip my ****....not really, but I'm going bitxh about it.

100% need to trade back.  Of all years to have a top 5 pick, this may be the worst draft class in the last decade with aligning to our needs.  We need to trade out with someone who needs one of the players at the top.

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Pathetic.

Question, is Jared Goff better than Russell Wilson? 

8 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Pathetic.

Thats your problem man. You make Ryan all of the Falcons problems when he isnt. Falcons defense gives up 30 a game but with you is Oh Ryan didnt do enough. We get it you hate Ryan but dont feed us a line of garbage when people call you out when youre wrong. 

Edited by ROMERO
10 hours ago, Vandy said:

So you’re one of the grass is greener’s wanting a QB?

Explains a lot.

I want a Super Bowl and we're not going to get that with Matt and Julio contracts, as they are today, on the books.  We can barely make the playoffs; better yet, we can't even get a winning record.

So that must make you one of those "Falcons for life" that got us in this situation in the first place.

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/atlanta-falcons/

Most of these 2021 free agents are going to be released. There's only a handful worth signing with no cap space. Mack, Hill, and Neal will be cap casualties. Gurley & Harris should be released outright. Koo will want more money for sure. 

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!
11 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Pathetic.

You must be the dumbest smart person I know.  Honestly.

1 hour ago, ThemDarnFalconsBoy! said:

I want a Super Bowl and we're not going to get that with Matt and Julio contracts, as they are today, on the books.  We can barely make the playoffs; better yet, we can't even get a winning record.

So that must make you one of those those  "Falcons for life" that got us in this situation in the first place.

https://overthecap.com/free-agency/atlanta-falcons/

Most of these 2021 free agents are going to be released. There's only a handful worth signing with no cap space. Mack, Hill, and Neal will be cap casualties. Gurley & Harris should be released outright. Koo will want more money for sure. 

Yeah man, it’s all my fault.

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Question, is Jared Goff better than Russell Wilson? 

Apparently Goff. See above.

29 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yeah man, it’s all my fault.

Apparently Goff. See above.

Lol I know

26 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If he says Goff I'm going to pull a strand of hair out of my arm

He won't say Goff....

But I'm going to present to @TheDirtyWordII some FACTUAL statistics here...

- Since 2017, Jared Goff is 6-3 against Russell Wilson. And see, since Wilson is the highest paid player on his team, and Goff is the highest paid player on his team, it essentially breaks down to Wilson V.S. Goff....and the reality is, no matter what dirty wordy says here, is that Goff is "delivering" and Wilson isn't. 

- Wilson is 0-1 in the playoffs against Goff who beat him with a broken thumb...

- Since 2015, Wilson is 3-5 in the playoffs with 0 games in the conference championship. We will ignore the prior history of Wilson's career...only going to use since 2015. Cause I can. 

Again, these are FACTS right? So no matter what rebuttal he has, I can just respond with this...3-5 in playoffs, 3-6 against Goff. Highest paid player, he's solely responsible. That's how this works right? 

@Rings