Projecting “trade down” partners - using draft values

On 1/3/2021 at 11:25 PM, matty72780 said:

Possibly, but we will have Matt Ryan as our QB next year (45 million guaranteed with a cap hit of 49 million if we cut/trade). I do think with the right OC and a better defense Matt Ryan could be a solid QB for us for the next 3 years. 

A better offense... defense does not keep pressure off Matty.  The P○S O-line we have thinks Matty is a crash test dummy.

Edited by Realsurfin
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With us sitting at the 4th pick there will be 2 of 3 early first round projected QBs available. Two players between either Justin Fields, Zach Wilson & Trey Lance will be available at #4. Lets tak

We don’t trade and we stay put. One of those guys is there BAM!  You have your starting QB for the next 10-15 years.  

The team to watch is the Dolphins.   Sitting on that #3 with a playoff roster already in place.  They are a textbook case for trading down.  Stockpile depth and make a run.  Heck the Jets might trade

20 hours ago, matty72780 said:

Better playcalling may elevate your offensive line by a few slots but it’s not going to take your offensive line from bottom of the league to the top 10, let’s be realistic here. 

You sure? Before Shanny arrived, the line was ranked 26 in 2014. Shanny's first season they leaped all the way to into the top 10

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

You sure? Before Shanny arrived, the line was ranked 26 in 2014. Shanny's first season they leaped all the way to into the top 10

It really can.  Zone blocking, quick plays to maximize the offense and stretch the field and minimize the time the line needs to engage is really beneficial.  We've had some decent lines in the past with less than household names that were effective.

If I was drafting 4th, I would very quietly let it leak out that if Sewell is on the Board, he is our pick hands down. He is the PERFECT player for the Bengals. They have an amazing QB prospect who simply must be protected. Picking 5 with a little something extra in trade with Cincinnati would be a solid move.

24 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

It really can.  Zone blocking, quick plays to maximize the offense and stretch the field and minimize the time the line needs to engage is really beneficial.  We've had some decent lines in the past with less than household names that were effective.

Sure did. 

31 minutes ago, vitaman said:

If I was drafting 4th, I would very quietly let it leak out that if Sewell is on the Board, he is our pick hands down. He is the PERFECT player for the Bengals. They have an amazing QB prospect who simply must be protected. Picking 5 with a little something extra in trade with Cincinnati would be a solid move.

Wish I could find the article, but theres one floating out there with stories like this. GM leaks a fake draft board to a suspected snitch, snitch then does what he does best, only to find out on draft day he's been had. 

Edited by Fiercefalcon
On 1/3/2021 at 10:24 PM, Ghosts of Glanville said:

The team to watch is the Dolphins.   Sitting on that #3 with a playoff roster already in place.  They are a textbook case for trading down.  Stockpile depth and make a run.  Heck the Jets might trade down too if they decide to stick with Darnold.  

This could be a wild year in the top 5

If this happens Sewell may be there at 4, if so we should stay out and take him

On 1/3/2021 at 8:17 PM, matty72780 said:

With us sitting at the 4th pick there will be 2 of 3 early first round projected QBs available. Two players between either Justin Fields, Zach Wilson & Trey Lance will be available at #4. Lets take a look at the draft pick value chart and show what this would yield us at a minimum (based on the assumption that the value chart is followed). https://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

The 4th overall pick according to the “value chart” is worth 1800 points. 

Who’s willing to trade and may be interested in a QB?

Dallas Cowboys #10 (1300 points)Jerry Jones refused to pay Dak and now after the brutal injury the Cowboys could be a good partner to trade down with. What we’d get according to draft values: 10th and the Cowboys 2nd round pick (480 points), we could probably get more from them but this is the “minimum return”

49ers #12 (1200 points): Shanny needs a QB to build his franchise around. What we’d get: 12th pick, and the 49ers 2nd (460) & 3rd (210)

Patriots #15 (1050 points): Bill B can’t take losing with Cam Newton and watching his old QB play well for another franchise, the Pats will be aggressive here. What we’d get: 15th pick, their 2nd (430) round picks (this years and next)

The Eagles (6th), Lions (7th), and Panthers (8th) aren’t necessarily targeting QBs but you can’t put it past any of them that they’d want to draft a Trey Lance or Zach Wilson since they all have question marks at QB - whether it’s the aging Stafford, the unproven Hurts or the underperforming Teddy B there is a risk any of them could take a “franchise QB”. If the Cowboys, 49ers, & Pats are interested in a QB they will want to leapfrog those teams making us the most likely partner for them to trade up with and “land their QB”. 

Could be pretty interesting here folks but we should have lots of leverage at the #4 pick this year. 

all these returns look terrible. If I don't get 2022 1st and 2021 2nd 2022 2nd and a late pick or 2 in there at the very minimum I have zero interest in trading down.