• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesnt matter who we get. We‚Äôll somehow figure out a way to Falc it up! ūüėú

He’s going to Chargers.  Bank it. 

Do you know how many losing seasons he's had in 22 years? 3 He's had 2 8-8 seasons so in 22 years Andy Reid has had a total of 5 non-winning seasons. It took him 6 years to get to a Sup

2 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Yeah i dont see it either. Its probably cause hes loud tough and a personality. People like to be entertained within the gm. 

Worked for last president lol. Ooops.

Harbaugh is a gimmick coach like Quinn. He motivates players with field trips and camps. The dude has every resource he needs at Michigan and got exposed as a dud. 

4 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Harbaugh is a gimmick coach like Quinn. He motivates players with field trips and camps. The dude has every resource he needs at Michigan and got exposed as a dud. 

Yep. For many coaches the situation almost has to be perfect for them to win the super bowl. Quinn amd Harbaugh both had that moment and they let it slip away.

3 minutes ago, red falcon said:

It took forever for him to get a super bowl.

Do you know how many losing seasons he's had in 22 years?

He's had 2 8-8 seasons so in 22 years Andy Reid has had a total of 5 non-winning seasons.

It took him 6 years to get to a Superbowl and in those 6 years he had 1 season where he didn't have double digit wins.

So when it comes to EB.... buyer beware... much like when it comes to hiring someone off the Pats defensive staff, (not a lot of success stories there either).

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

He's had 2 8-8 seasons so in 22 years Andy Reid has had a total of 5 non-winning seasons.

It took him 6 years to get to a Superbowl and in those 6 years he had 1 season where he didn't have double digit wins.

So when it comes to EB.... buyer beware... much like when it comes to hiring someone off the Pats defensive staff, (not a lot of success stories there either).

Winning seasons are subjective. He was a good coach before his super bowl win. He became a great coach when he won it.

Edited by red falcon
8 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Winning seasons are subjective. He was a good coach before his super bowl win. He became a great coach when he won it.

And fan's of every team in the NFL would kill for win loss records like that from their HC.

But when it comes to the Falcons I don't have a lot of faith in the organization.

They fired a guy that had 2 losing seasons and ended up with a guy that only had 2 winning seasons.

They let the next great offensive innovator in the NFL, (and his staff), out of the building. 

29 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Harbaugh constantly gets a pass. The dude is garbage. Its his coordinators that made him look good. Quinn 2.0 ...

I don't want Harbaugh as Falcons coach either. But I do think he'll get another NFL HC job. Adam Gase is a 2 time NFL HC already.

Also, Harbaugh isn't Quinn 2.0.

Leave it to Falcons fans to always compare people to former Falcons coaches, players, or GMs that didn't pan out lol.

44 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

1. Because there's a track record when it comes to Andy Reid and his OCs. 

2. Sean Peyton, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, John Gruden, Matt LaFleur.... does it even matter who their OCs are? It's the HCs offense.

3. The other OCs on the list, (Smith & Daboll), are OCs with a defensive HC so they run the offense. Granted those teams also have good defenses but it's the OC running the offense.

And didn't we learn this lesson first hand? Who was more responsible for the 2016 Superbowl run? Quinn or Shanahan? Of those two who has been back to the Superbowl?

Do we want the Dan Quinn of offense or the Kyle Shanahan?

Brilliant points.  Sometimes, data is important.  Not all encompassing, but important on the decision making process.

21 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I hope we stay far far away.

KC's success is based on just being faster than everyone on defense.

When healthy our guys can run too but we still need to stay far far away.

Yeah i observed that when we played them. They dont really out scheme you they are fast and have uber athletes. It was eye opening to watch.

Dont get me wrong they one the super bowl, with finesse. Finesse offensive can breakdown and be beaten if not sustained. 

I want a team that beats you down physcally and takes your will. 

Quick jabs hurt but the body blows will bring you to your knees. 

Edited by red falcon
1 minute ago, red falcon said:

Yeah i observed that when we played them. They dont really out scheme you they are fast and have uber athletes. It was eye opening to watch.

Umhm

What is funny is that teams are probably going to take the tape from our game and tweak it  and use it as a template.

Same thing regarding the saints if Taysom hill has to get significant reps at qb again .

Teams will use tape of  the second half of the game where we held them scoreless for 6 or 7 strait possessions.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Umhm

What is funny is that teams are probably going to take the tape from our game and tweak it  and use it as a template.

Same thing regarding the saints if Taysom hill has to get significant reps at qb again .

Teams will use tape of  the second half of the game where we held them scoreless for 6 or 7 strait possessions.

Haha i think there was a super bowl won or playoff gm won based on some tape we put out there.

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

I just can’t help that what we see in KC is pretty much Reid and Mahomes. It’s Reid’s offense much like in NE it’s Belichick’s defense. 

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

Haha i think there was a super bowl won or playoff gm won based on some tape we put out there.

There have been a couple but the one that sticks out is the Broncos vs Panthers in 15.

The Panthers were all world on offense and Newton had his best year by far.

We were the only team to beat them and the Broncos took game plan we had and beat them.

It helps that Cam decided to be a kitty cat when he fumbled but backed away instead of driving for it 

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

There have been a couple but the one that sticks out is the Broncos vs Panthers in 15.

We were the only team to beat them and the Broncos took game plan we had and beat them.

It helps that Cam decided to be a kitty cat when he fumbled but backed away instead of driving for it 

He had his chance to win it too. Made a business decision. 

Hope young players once you make it to the chip give it all you have cause you may never get back.

Reg season means nothing once playoffs start.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think maybe KC took film from our win over the 49ers last year as well. 

4 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And fan's of every team in the NFL would kill for win loss records like that from their HC.

But when it comes to the Falcons I don't have a lot of faith in the organization.

They fired a guy that had 2 losing seasons and ended up with a guy that only had 2 winning seasons.

They let the next great offensive innovator in the NFL, (and his staff), out of the building. 

Makes AB decision to bring back DQ last year  and not hire Stefanski much worse. 

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

2. Sean Peyton, Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, John Gruden, Matt LaFleur.... does it even matter who their OCs are? It's the HCs offense.

3. The other OCs on the list, (Smith & Daboll), are OCs with a defensive HC so they run the offense. Granted those teams also have good defenses but it's the OC running the offense.

And didn't we learn this lesson first hand? Who was more responsible for the 2016 Superbowl run? Quinn or Shanahan? Of those two who has been back to the Superbowl?

So looking at number 2 on your list. Explain please...

8 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Did you just use a quote from John McCain? I still say it's agenda driven to me is the reason I believe some doesn't want EB here, its just too obvious