• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I know he's supposed to be the Quaterback of the defense but he is slow as a slug and probably more unathletic than Matt Ryan.

He make me want decoud back so bad sometimes lmaoo 

Neal just had a "NFL comeback player of the year" type season and people want to turn him into a *checks notes* linebacker. 

A lot of hate on Rico. He was a stop gap, that later went unnoticed when it came to replacing him later down the road due to having needs elsewhere. If he didn't have physical limitations, he would have had a bigger impact. Those limitations are more obvious now since we have had better play in the secondary from others, which in return have exposed him as the now weakest link in the secondary. 

Still, he was a lot better than people are giving him credit for. He's for sure not the future, nor the present FS of this team, but don't trash the guy because it's showing a lot more now.

15 minutes ago, EpicBird said:

Charles Woodson couldn’t help when QB has all day. Doesn’t change the fact that Rico Allen is a nice story, smart guy, who is just physically overmatched at the NFL level to help even a mediocre defence. I wish him the best, just not as Falcons starting FS. 

They go hand and hand. Charles woodson would actually help. Coverage is more important than pass rush. But if you have no pass rush at all and arw also getting ran over it doesnt matter. 

Not to mention elite talent at almost ever skill position.

2 hours ago, red falcon said:

They go hand and hand. Charles woodson would actually help. Coverage is more important than pass rush. But if you have no pass rush at all and arw also getting ran over it doesnt matter. 

Not to mention elite talent at almost ever skill position.

Translation: there is a lack of talent or lockbox depth through the defence. Allen is/was a symptom of a bigger problem. 

8 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I’d keep Terrell and release every other CB and S on the roster. They are all trash. 

Except for Terrell we have no defensive back good enough for even arena football. 

With that perspective, the Falcons would rebuild every year.  You know, what we tried for a while. 

We need to upgrade the defense at every level except LB.  But, they are not all trash. 

12 hours ago, jidady said:

Every team report and other team's scouting report: Ricardo Allen possesses rare football intelligence, an incomprehensibly high work ethic, and is revered in the locker room for his character. He'll be a tremendous football coach one day.

Random Falcons message board poster: Ricardo Allen is pure trash.

If you don't like Allen's on-field play, that's one thing. Say that.

However, he's one of the finest men ever to put on a Falcons jersey.

You're pure trash to infer otherwise.

In short, you should aspire to be more like Ricardo Allen.

Hey Ricardo Allen ...This is a message board...I can post my opinion and don't have to second guess it after pushing send.  And for your information, I was referring to his play as I don't know him personally to have an option on his character...Now go run to the car and 😢 

5 hours ago, FalcFanRoswell said:

I would agree that Sheffield is not our best CB, but I would also say that Sheffield could play at FS better than Rico could play at CB. Rico’s liabilities at FS make Cover 1 a risky proposition.

Rico is the best nickel corner on the team. 

He’s always floating around looking stupid on camera when the opposing WR catches an 80 yard bomb w 8 sec of hang time right in his face......then he claps his hands as if to say “how’d this happen....again???”.  He doesn’t even look like he understands his job back there.....at least we know anything w a pulse is a likely upgrade 

17 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

when did Neal get toasted over and over? I remember many more good and wow plays than bad ones.

I don’t why people bash Neal like he was atrocious. He was very serviceable and starting quality SS. Definitely wasn’t a weak link on the defense. Rico needs to go. We need to get some DEs before think about a S. 

18 hours ago, jidady said:

You spelled condescending wrong.

And I just learned a lot about you that you criticized my reply rather than the original post.

Commenting on my spelling instead of the idea is very interesting and I will comment on whatever I choose

17 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

A lot of hate on Rico. He was a stop gap, that later went unnoticed when it came to replacing him later down the road due to having needs elsewhere. If he didn't have physical limitations, he would have had a bigger impact. Those limitations are more obvious now since we have had better play in the secondary from others, which in return have exposed him as the now weakest link in the secondary. 

Still, he was a lot better than people are giving him credit for. He's for sure not the future, nor the present FS of this team, but don't trash the guy because it's showing a lot more now.

I've always noticed.

16 hours ago, Precyse said:

Rico is the best nickel corner on the team. 

Demontae Kazee was developing into the deep safety the Falcons needed until the Achilles let go. Rico is a man of strong character and leadership ability, I wish him well in his next career (coaching?). We will need to draft an FS for depth behind Kazee.

5 minutes ago, FalcFanRoswell said:

Demontae Kazee was developing into the deep safety the Falcons needed until the Achilles let go. Rico is a man of strong character and leadership ability, I wish him well in his next career (coaching?). We will need to draft an FS for depth behind Kazee.

That achilles injury will change your perception about everything as a player.  It takes years to really bounce back mentally, if at all.  My brother blew his out catching a ball.  Sounded like a gun shot.  His scream will live with me forever.  My brother lost a lot on that day.  30 years later and he's still scared to really flex it when running.  Terrifying injury to people who need their wheels to play.