• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I know he's supposed to be the Quaterback of the defense but he is slow as a slug and probably more unathletic than Matt Ryan.

He make me want decoud back so bad sometimes lmaoo 

Neal just had a "NFL comeback player of the year" type season and people want to turn him into a *checks notes* linebacker. 

8 hours ago, slider said:

Neal is slow and is a liability in coverage. He does tackle well and will throw his body around which is what really makes him popular with the fans but in today's NFL any player in the secondary that lacks coverage skills will be exploited. As much as they use Foye in coverage, I'm surprised they don't blitz Neal more. 

The entire defense can't cover, likely has more to do with coaching philosophy and technique than individual ability. Neal balled this year. Im very proud of what he did.

He is a FA though. That's the only reason I don't expect him back. A new GM with limited cap likely wont spend the little money he does have on holdovers from the previous regime.

He is gone, but Im not going to celebrate his departure.

5 hours ago, jidady said:

Every team report and other team's scouting report: Ricardo Allen possesses rare football intelligence, an incomprehensibly high work ethic, and is revered in the locker room for his character. He'll be a tremendous football coach one day.

Random Falcons message board poster: Ricardo Allen is pure trash.

If you don't like Allen's on-field play, that's one thing. Say that.

However, he's one of the finest men ever to put on a Falcons jersey.

You're pure trash to infer otherwise.

In short, you should aspire to be more like Ricardo Allen.

Your reply is so out of context and condecending. Of course they mean the football player and not the man.  And they are 100% right

13 hours ago, slider said:

Neal is slow and is a liability in coverage. He does tackle well and will throw his body around which is what really makes him popular with the fans but in today's NFL any player in the secondary that lacks coverage skills will be exploited. As much as they use Foye in coverage, I'm surprised they don't blitz Neal more. 

Hes only slow when we dont get pressure on the qb. His instincts are there.

14 hours ago, slider said:

when did Neal get toasted over and over? I remember many more good and wow plays than bad ones.

He made a lot of bad reads yesterday. Sometimes he uses his quickness to bounce back, but you could see him slipping on the crappy turf whenever he tried to recover. 

There is talent in the secondary, but Sheff and Rico aren't it anymore.

13 hours ago, Romfal said:

you guys can relax, hes likely played his last down for this team considering our cap issues heading in to next year. 

Yep. Significant cap savings by letting him go. 

I applaud his effort and obvious 'want to'. I think at some point he's going to be a very good NFL coach. I'm just thinking his starting days with us are over.

Rico is a 5th rounder who has never been paid a huge salary and worked his a$$ off to become a starter.  You guys are just looking for heads to roll. I fully expect him to be released or at least the backup next season but I’m not gonna say he was trash, he made some good plays for us over the years.

Neal really bounced back over the last half of the season.  Not sure what you guys are seeing there.  He’s probably gone too but he’ll be starting somewhere.  

3 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Case was a beast but wouldn’t be what he was in today’s NFL.  He’d be fined a lot... dude delivered some monstrous hits.  

He wasn't a terrible terrible CB either, but he came to his own when they moved him to safety and Glanville gave him a license to hunt heads.

16 hours ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Neal just had a "NFL comeback player of the year" type season and people want to turn him into a *checks notes* linebacker. :rolleyes:

Hey he played a entire season after 2 lost seasons, and for that I give him all the credit in the world. By all accounts worked his a$$ off to get back.

Problem is he is not a good safety, or not nearly as good as some believe around here.  Always been wildly overrated as a player, which is the nature with anyone with a glimpse of talent in Falconland. Definitely a solid tackler, but his coverage skills, which were average at best prior to the injuries, are now flat out non-existent.

He is not trash. He is not adequate based on how we are using him and will most likely be cut. It looks like the achilles injury took away someone of his athleticism. At a discounted salary, he can still be a useful player as a 3rd safety. I expect him to catch on with someone. You can never have enough bodies in your secondary. Especially someone who is a great teammate and works hard.

19 hours ago, Depth from Above said:

I wanted one of the QBs coming out but I feel we need to trade back and aquire as many picks as we can to fix this atrocious defense.

Again, that’s not how it works. Y’all will praise the picks when we make them and then you’ll get a Senat and Davidson where you don’t play them. You PICK THE BEST PLAYERS AVAILABLE. 

1 hour ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

I was pretty young back then.  I recall hearing he was drafted as a CB but I only remember him as a safety.  

He wasn't great by any means but he had one season where by some quirk of fate he got 10 INTs. 

2 hours ago, Jesus said:

He made a lot of bad reads yesterday. Sometimes he uses his quickness to bounce back, but you could see him slipping on the crappy turf whenever he tried to recover. 

There is talent in the secondary, but Sheff and Rico aren't it anymore.

I wonder if Sheff is still hurt. His technique has gone to crap. Almost like he panics because he doesn’t trust his speed. Which makes me think the hamstring isn’t 100%. 

Just now, NWFALCON said:

I wonder if Sheff is still hurt. His technique has gone to crap. Almost like he panics because he doesn’t trust his speed. Which makes me think the hamstring isn’t 100%. 

It's possible. Who knows? He was getting beat all over the place by everyone. Made Oliver look great!