59 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Rico was always that experiment that never really took.  CB that did not quite get it done.  Moved to FS, decent but not a natural.  He goes back to the dumpster diving we used to do for defensive players.  UDFA linebacker starters(Bartu and Worrilow) as we had no one and "Diamond in the Rough" style players.

Man Worrilow.  Remember he was supposed to be the next Luke Kuekley according to some.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I know he's supposed to be the Quaterback of the defense but he is slow as a slug and probably more unathletic than Matt Ryan.

He make me want decoud back so bad sometimes lmaoo 

Neal just had a "NFL comeback player of the year" type season and people want to turn him into a *checks notes* linebacker. 

Just now, Godzilla1985 said:

Man Worrilow.  Remember he was supposed to be the next Luke Kuekley according to some.

Our expectations were (and are) so low that anyone who looks the part, gives effort and says the right things is a favorite.  Bartu was small, Worrilow was slow AF.  There's a reason kids don't get drafted and a reason there are only so many professional athletes.  

1 minute ago, Herr Doktor said:

Our expectations were (and are) so low that anyone who looks the part, gives effort and says the right things is a favorite.  Bartu was small, Worrilow was slow AF.  There's a reason kids don't get drafted and a reason there are only so many professional athletes.  

Yeah I remember Worroslow’s measurables were elite and he was a workout warrior it just never translated onto the field.

8 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

Neal just had a "NFL comeback player of the year" type season and people want to turn him into a *checks notes* linebacker. :rolleyes:

Neal is slow and is a liability in coverage. He does tackle well and will throw his body around which is what really makes him popular with the fans but in today's NFL any player in the secondary that lacks coverage skills will be exploited. As much as they use Foye in coverage, I'm surprised they don't blitz Neal more. 

5 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

**** yes!  Late to the mosh pit every time!!

I always remember hearing ‘Worrilow is near the top of the league in tackles’

Getting 280 half-tackles a year isn’t the same as getting 140 solos.  Especially when you make the play 12 yards downfield 

Worrilow, Bartu, Steven Jackson and Paul Solai are like the Mount Rushmore of those lost 2013-14 seasons

Edited by Ghosts of Glanville

We got the best out of Rico. After all he was a good leader and played better than his 5th round pick would suggest. In the end.  Too small. Too slow. He had good hands but that was about it. He also didn’t miss many tackles he just could barely get guys down. Great story. Average player. He will get a job because of his leadership and preparation. 

I’m a gator but it may be time to move in from Neal as well. He’s lost a step. Maybe he’s a Nickel Backer but he’s not the enforcer or playmaker he was before the injuries. 

Just now, Ghosts of Glanville said:

I always remember hearing ‘Worrilow is near the top of the league in tackles’

Getting 280 half-tackles a year isn’t the same as getting 140 solos.  Especially when you make the play 12 yards downfield 

Bro, we shot so low for so long.  If nothing else, we can see how not to build things.  UDFA can surprise, but when you are forced to start two LBers from Sweetwater Technical A&I Wesleyan College of Bum****egypt, you cannot expect to win, but we did.

This just goes to show how vital it is to a defense to be able to at least get guys lined up.  PFF talked about a linebacker (for which team I can't recall) that was so bad and slow footed but the coaches had to start him because he got guys lined up correctly.  They'd sacrifice speed and playmaking ability at one spot on the field to have a guy out there that made sure everyone was where they were suppose to be, that's basically Rico

Every team report and other team's scouting report: Ricardo Allen possesses rare football intelligence, an incomprehensibly high work ethic, and is revered in the locker room for his character. He'll be a tremendous football coach one day.

Random Falcons message board poster: Ricardo Allen is pure trash.

If you don't like Allen's on-field play, that's one thing. Say that.

However, he's one of the finest men ever to put on a Falcons jersey.

You're pure trash to infer otherwise.

In short, you should aspire to be more like Ricardo Allen.

Was Rico really that much of a leader? I mean when we were on the losing streak to start the season, a new guy was the one to address the locker room.

When the Chiefs were sliding in the SB last year, I'll never forget that shot of Mathieu going down the sideline calling out people's manhood for their performance. There isn't a guy within a 100 miles of our locker room to have the heart to do something like that and Rico had the chance to do it in the SB 4 years ago.