Matt Ryan's job should be very safe this off-season

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come on....you were told last week to never say he’s not the problem ever again 

QB is the least of our problems. 

Can't be accurate. All I've been told is he sucks

Posted Images

Mentoring is a dicey thing.  You cannot walk in and say "Matt, here's your replacement, it's on you to mentor him.". Any proud man making the ungodly money he is making will definitely have to wrestle with the "I bleed Falcon Red so sure I will spend my time and resources working with the kid" or the "**** that, let him watch and do his best, I have a team to represent and a season to prepare for.". 

Matt knows the hands of time are ticking away, but to just assume that any proud person who feels they have time left to play at a high level will just suck it up gracefully for a couple of years to be dad is assuming much.  

I'm not saying he won't be a professional and tell the kid to take notes, but he's not a QB coach.  He's a competitive athlete.

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

That’s why you grab one when you get the chance in our position. Go ahead and start the process because you’re not winning in the NFL at a high level without a good QB. 

We  do  not need  a 1st rd  new QB, until we fix the trenchs. did you watch the game today?  Brady had all the time in the world. Ryan had very little.  OL/DL,  when  will the falcons finally fix these problems. Only thru good drafts, over time.

5 minutes ago, TheShadow said:

We  do  not need  a 1st rd  new QB, until we fix the trenchs. did you watch the game today?  Brady had all the time in the world. Ryan had very little.  OL/DL,  when  will the falcons finally fix these problems. Only thru good drafts, over time.

But you and me don’t get to decide the new GM does and I hope he takes a QB

The Falcons are not winning a superbowl with Matt Ryan at QB.  This organization gives up leads, can't close out games and finds new ways to lose. Time for new players, new leadership the current Falcons team looks comfortable losing week after week. 

Yep. I’ll bet money that the new HC will be incredibly happy that he is walking into a situation where the hardest position to get right is already set for a couple years.

Only having to get the scheme right, and then put all his attention on fielding a competent defense is a dream scenario for new head coaches. Usually, the previous coach was fired because of a lack of a QB.

2 hours ago, insight said:

The Falcons are not winning a superbowl with Matt Ryan at QB.  This organization gives up leads, can't close out games and finds new ways to lose. Time for new players, new leadership the current Falcons team looks comfortable losing week after week. 

The window both opened and closed in '16.

19 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah, because the last 3 have been awesome. 

It doesn't matter who you draft, who you trade for, if you have a scrambling QB, or an excellent WR; if you don't have good coaching, great defense, and an effective running game, then you don't have ****. So keep clamoring for your dual threat QB, it want matter until this team/organization addresses the basic fundamentals of winning football.

4 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Mentoring is a dicey thing.  You cannot walk in and say "Matt, here's your replacement, it's on you to mentor him.". Any proud man making the ungodly money he is making will definitely have to wrestle with the "I bleed Falcon Red so sure I will spend my time and resources working with the kid" or the "**** that, let him watch and do his best, I have a team to represent and a season to prepare for.". 

Matt knows the hands of time are ticking away, but to just assume that any proud person who feels they have time left to play at a high level will just suck it up gracefully for a couple of years to be dad is assuming much.  

I'm not saying he won't be a professional and tell the kid to take notes, but he's not a QB coach.  He's a competitive athlete.

I'm not sold on us drafting a quarterback. I don't really have a strong opinion either way.

But everything I have seen from Matt Ryan tells me he'd take a young QB under his wing. I don't even think I'd question that for a minute really.

3 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I'm not sold on us drafting a quarterback. I don't really have a strong opinion either way.

But everything I have seen from Matt Ryan tells me he'd take a young QB under his wing. I don't even think I'd question that for a minute really.

And you are probably right.  I just know that many expect it to be an easy thing.  But it's not 

11 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

So I could be wrong, but this was from Kurt Benkert's AMA on Reddit last month.  Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but my guess is Matt Ryan isn't buddy buddy with the young QB, and isn't taking on a mentor role for anyone willingly.

image.png.4aedc98ff7e4b99379a0a094e5f74903.png

58 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

It doesn't matter who you draft, who you trade for, if you have a scrambling QB, or an excellent WR; if you don't have good coaching, great defense, and an effective running game, then you don't have ****. So keep clamoring for your dual threat QB, it want matter until this team/organization addresses the basic fundamentals of winning football.

I have been a fan of this team since 1980, so excuse me for not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

5 minutes ago, poutlipper said:

So I could be wrong, but this was from Kurt Benkert's AMA on Reddit last month.  Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but my guess is Matt Ryan isn't buddy buddy with the young QB, and isn't taking on a mentor role for anyone willingly.

image.png.4aedc98ff7e4b99379a0a094e5f74903.png

I would have expected Roddy to treat the fifth receiver differently than he did Julio too. Benkert and a QB drafted at the top of the 1st are different animals.