Ryan is NOT the problem on this team.

Feel like this is the kind of thread that isn't going to make anyone happy, whether they're the Ryan homers or the Ryan haters. Fact is, there are plenty of problems on this team. Our offensive playcalling is atrocious. Our running backs are mediocre top-to-bottom. Our defensive line, outside of Grady, ranges from average to atrocious. We have zero range at safety.

Ryan is plenty good enough to win with. He's more than demonstrated that over the course of this season. He's good enough, in fact, that we can have playoff success and even win a championship if we land the right coaching staff (Arthur Smith as HC/OC is still my top pick) and draft well. We have enough issues on this team that, shy of Fields falling to 3/4/wherever we pick, drafting a QB early in a weak draft like this is just asking for trouble. I know plenty of folks are hyping this class, but I think the 2022 QB class is actually better. Guys like Jayden Daniels, Sam Howell (though I think he goes top 5), possible breakout guys like Casey Thompson...I just see more guys with that special something coming out then. I don't see it with Lawrence (out of reach anyways) or Wilson, and guys like Lance and Jones strike me more as 2nd rounders. That's totally subjective, but given how good Ryan is still playing, it doesn't make sense to draft a QB unless one falls to us in a good spot (Fields in the 1st, Mac Jones in the 2nd, Jamie Newman in the 3rd), so we should just wait until next year. They'll be sitting a year or two at least regardless.

Still, we DO need to think about the future and take a guy to groom behind Ryan soon. Imagine how much scarier a team like the Saints would be if they had someone sitting behind Brees and learning that was a capable QB (Hill ain't). That's how you sustain success. Let the draft come to us, only take Fields if he falls and we have a good FA (tougher with how against the cap we'll be), and plan to take someone next year and sit him behind Ryan.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this is the kind of thread that isn't going to make anyone happy, whether they're the Ryan homers or the Ryan haters. Fact is, there are plenty of problems on this team. Our offensive playca

What I love/hate about this board, is that objectivity is not allowed. If you say something positive about a player, you're a homer/lover. If you say something negative, you're a hater. It is pos

if fields fall to us you HAVE to take him.. he'll be ryans replacement when time comes like arod to favre

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Feel like this is the kind of thread that isn't going to make anyone happy, whether they're the Ryan homers or the Ryan haters. Fact is, there are plenty of problems on this team. Our offensive playcalling is atrocious. Our running backs are mediocre top-to-bottom. Our defensive line, outside of Grady, ranges from average to atrocious. We have zero range at safety.

Ryan is plenty good enough to win with. He's more than demonstrated that over the course of this season. He's good enough, in fact, that we can have playoff success and even win a championship if we land the right coaching staff (Arthur Smith as HC/OC is still my top pick) and draft well. We have enough issues on this team that, shy of Fields falling to 3/4/wherever we pick, drafting a QB early in a weak draft like this is just asking for trouble. I know plenty of folks are hyping this class, but I think the 2022 QB class is actually better. Guys like Jayden Daniels, Sam Howell (though I think he goes top 5), possible breakout guys like Casey Thompson...I just see more guys with that special something coming out then. I don't see it with Lawrence (out of reach anyways) or Wilson, and guys like Lance and Jones strike me more as 2nd rounders. That's totally subjective, but given how good Ryan is still playing, it doesn't make sense to draft a QB unless one falls to us in a good spot (Fields in the 1st, Mac Jones in the 2nd, Jamie Newman in the 3rd), so we should just wait until next year. They'll be sitting a year or two at least regardless.

Still, we DO need to think about the future and take a guy to groom behind Ryan soon. Imagine how much scarier a team like the Saints would be if they had someone sitting behind Brees and learning that was a capable QB (Hill ain't). That's how you sustain success. Let the draft come to us, only take Fields if he falls and we have a good FA (tougher with how against the cap we'll be), and plan to take someone next year and sit him behind Ryan.

And so it begins.....The Ryan lovers are out in packs

Just now, blknoble357 said:

What I love/hate about this board, is that objectivity is not allowed. If you say something positive about a player, you're a homer/lover. If you say something negative, you're a hater.

It is possible to critique a player in a negative or positive light without being either.

2 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

Was gonna avoid posting it, but fine.

Last year, I posted my mock advocating we draft a QB in the 1st round (a trade up for Jordan Love, which the Packers actually did) and got plenty of hate for it. But sure. I'm a Ryan lover, not someone who thinks this QB class is overrated and overhyped garbage.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Was gonna avoid posting it, but fine.

Last year, I posted my mock advocating we draft a QB in the 1st round and got plenty of hate for it. But sure. I'm a Ryan lover, not someone who thinks this QB class is overrated and overhyped garbage.

When intelligent post meets unintelligent reader, things rarely go well

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

What I love/hate about this board, is that objectivity is not allowed. If you say something positive about a player, you're a homer/lover. If you say something negative, you're a hater.

It is possible to critique a player in a negative or positive light without being either.

And the OP was absolutely objective lol

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

^This. 

2 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

No its just the man is spitting facts. You clearly dont watch the games. HE IS NOT THE PROBLEM!!! 

Okay, I will play. Watching the game now. If you dont ask him to do much, yes he is okay but at this point in his career if you put to much on him, he will fold

1 minute ago, blknoble357 said:

Okay, I will play. Watching the game now. If you dont ask him to do much, yes he is okay but at this point in his career if you put to much on him, he will fold

Name a QB who overcomes this game today. Give me a QB who overcomes 2 fumbles by his players and 44 points allowed by his defense. Who single handedly scores 45 and wins despite these obstacles?

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Name a QB who overcomes this game today. Give me a QB who overcomes 2 fumbles by his players and 44 points allowed by his defense. Who single handedly scores 45 and wins despite these obstacles?

That one dude in college.