Latest News on The GM/Head Coach Search

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll be sick if we go Bowles. Another Dann Quinn.

From La Canfora, so take it for what it is: Falcons eyeing Titans OC Continue to hear that the Falcons are super-intrigued by Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. They have not had a t

From NFL.COM Atlanta Falcons (HC and GM): The Falcons interviewed interim head coach Raheem Morris for the full-time job Friday and are expected run a wide search beginning Monday. Among the cand

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Dirtybird56 said:

You crazy bro 😂 nah but Joshy is a heIl of an offensive mind.. I just don’t know he’s much of a leader of men 

i know it wouldnt be popular...lol... But like  Shanny and Sean Peyton... This man might be a ******* , annoying af but the man is one of the better minds in the NFL.

If he has learned  he aint the hoodie so dont try that hoodie ****...... I think he can be a good HC with the right GM and DC

14 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I would. But of course I am a die hard Falcons fan that wants to do everything I can to give the Falcons the best chance to win a super bowl.

That's altruism and a fans heart.  However, if I am a football player who's life will be cut short due to the impacts, and having a family to look after, my loyalty is to setting up my family for as long as I can.  If my grandkids aren't sweating a home or college, I win.  I'm sure Julio and Matt love the team, but in the end, football isn't a hunch of kids playing for the love, it's a huge multinational enterprise.  With billion dollar stadiums, and huge contracts and Millionaires playing for billionaires, everyone is trying to maximize their value and hold on to it.  Economics trump "for the love of the game" everytime.

1 hour ago, Power I said:

It's not a popular opinion, but I think we should. Hire Rick Smith as GM and let Raheem be the coach to get us through cap **** the next couple of seasons until we can dump Ryan and Julio's contracts. Smith will be able to draft some talent in the next two years and then bring in another coach with enough cap room to add more talent with a better coach and we'll open another window for a long run. 

I wouldn't sleep on Raheem just being a bridge coach if hired.  I also think we could have one more run in the Ryan era with a solid draft and a better offensive staff.  

8 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I guess we could very well get a defensive minded head coach.

I wouldn’t mind if the guy actually has a defensive mind. The last one was brain dead about defense from the jump. 

From La Canfora, so take it for what it is:

Falcons eyeing Titans OC

Continue to hear that the Falcons are super-intrigued by Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. They have not had a top-notch play caller since Kyle Shanahan left. Smith employs many of those same principles in his offense, and there is a growing buzz about him in Atlanta. 

Also have been hearing Rick Smith as the guy to beat for their GM opening for quite some time, and nothing recently has changed that sense one bit.

2 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Falcons eyeing Titans OC

Continue to hear that the Falcons are super-intrigued by Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. They have not had a top-notch play caller since Kyle Shanahan left. Smith employs many of those same principles in his offense, and there is a growing buzz about him in Atlanta. 

Also have been hearing Rick Smith as the guy to beat for their GM opening for quite some time, and nothing recently has changed that sense one bit.

Wouldn't mind this one bit. Gimmie a decent DC and I think this team can still compete while looking at the future.

5 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Falcons eyeing Titans OC

👀

41 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Falcons eyeing Titans OC

A broken clock is right more than LaConfora.  He has ZERO sources and isn’t a scooper.

46 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Falcons eyeing Titans OC

If one name is synonymous with this team, it’s anyone named Smith. 😄