Latest News on The GM/Head Coach Search

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll be sick if we go Bowles. Another Dann Quinn.

From La Canfora, so take it for what it is: Falcons eyeing Titans OC Continue to hear that the Falcons are super-intrigued by Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. They have not had a t

From NFL.COM Atlanta Falcons (HC and GM): The Falcons interviewed interim head coach Raheem Morris for the full-time job Friday and are expected run a wide search beginning Monday. Among the cand

Posted Images

3 hours ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Due diligence, I really think they have their minds made up at this point as far as actual candidates go. Hopefully at the end of all of this we hear Arthur Smith to Atlanta

We are in prime position to get a solid player in the Top 10 or Top 5 and have a high pick to grab BPA high in round 2 and 3; hopefully a RB in the mix. Get a better fit scheme and modern NFL brain in here...the catch is will the defense step back after Ulbrich got them playing like this and LB is clearly our best position group?

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

My guess, you'll get that wish.  When the dust settles, Raheem Morris will be the head coach.  I get this feeling, nothing more, that he will be given EVERY benefit of doubt.

While I am a Morris fan, and I think he would be a great fit to finish up Matt and Julio's contracts, I don't think he's getting the benefit of the doubt. This is purely speculation on my part, the only thing I've really read about him staying on is Blank saying he'll have to consider him if he wins out. I think he's gonna be another scapegoat. I feel like the general and overwhelming sentiment is that the franchise needs a complete restart.

48 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I think Dan Morgan is a very interesting candidate. I have heard nothing but positive raves about him. I hope we look at him closely b

He is definitely on the come up. Very knowledgeable about the game and knows exactly what he looks for in players. He values toughness above everything else. And it isn’t cliche like some people. Hope ATL looks at him too

1 hour ago, Cheyakita said:

Could be The Falcons realized Riddick wasn’t quite ready, and maybe those other 3 teams have felt the same. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment, we are not getting Fields after his last game.

Still hoping we trade up to 2 hope the Texans win we lose we get the 3rd pick 

12 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

While I am a Morris fan, and I think he would be a great fit to finish up Matt and Julio's contracts, I don't think he's getting the benefit of the doubt. This is purely speculation on my part, the only thing I've really read about him staying on is Blank saying he'll have to consider him if he wins out. I think he's gonna be another scapegoat. I feel like the general and overwhelming sentiment is that the franchise needs a complete restart.

One thing that could work in Morris favor is they can't fill up the stadiums because of pandemic so they wouldn't have to worry about losing ticket sales. Plus it will be a little harder to start fresh with a new staff during pandemic. That could buy Raheem Morris a one year prove it deal maybe.

1 hour ago, autigerfan said:

We might as well keep Raheem.  

It's not a popular opinion, but I think we should. Hire Rick Smith as GM and let Raheem be the coach to get us through cap **** the next couple of seasons until we can dump Ryan and Julio's contracts. Smith will be able to draft some talent in the next two years and then bring in another coach with enough cap room to add more talent with a better coach and we'll open another window for a long run. 

1 minute ago, Power I said:

It's not a popular opinion, but I think we should. Hire Rick Smith as GM and let Raheem be the coach to get us through cap **** the next couple of seasons until we can dump Ryan and Julio's contracts. Smith will be able to draft some talent in the next two years and then bring in another coach with enough cap room to add more talent with a better coach and we'll open another window for a long run. 

I hope Matt and Julio will take a pay cut before they allow the Falcons to trade them. I know Matt Ryan is a very good leader behind the scenes as is Julio.

9 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'd rather hire Dirk Koetter as head coach than Marvin Lewis LoL. 

Oh no.  You did not type that.  How could you type that?  Why did you type that? 

Edit your post quickly.  There is a mob forming.  They are going to make you wear a Bucs jersey all day. (and maybe tomorrow).

Ya know, the only thing I want is for the Falcons to get it right. I have no idea what HG and GM would be best for the Falcons, just get the hires right.  

Don't care if they trade Ryan & Julio, burn the team to the ground, start from scratch with a new QB at 3/4.
Don't care if they take a QB at 4 or trade back for multiple picks.

Don't care if they try one more time with Ryan- hopefully using the top 5 pick on a defensive game changer, then pick a stud RB with pick 2 or 3.

Don't care, want them to get it right.

18 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I hope Matt and Julio will take a pay cut before they allow the Falcons to trade them. I know Matt Ryan is a very good leader behind the scenes as is Julio.

Not that I dont understand your reasoning, but seriously, who would ever take a pay cut?  Take one for the team?  I'm not sure anyone is that altruistic.  Restructure?  Sure, draw out the money over more years, but cut?  

But, I see your point and it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Not that I dont understand your reasoning, but seriously, who would ever take a pay cut?  Take one for the team?  I'm not sure anyone is that altruistic.  Restructure?  Sure, draw out the money over more years, but cut?  

But, I see your point and it makes sense.

I would. But of course I am a die hard Falcons fan that wants to do everything I can to give the Falcons the best chance to win a super bowl.