Latest News on The GM/Head Coach Search

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll be sick if we go Bowles. Another Dann Quinn.

From La Canfora, so take it for what it is: Falcons eyeing Titans OC Continue to hear that the Falcons are super-intrigued by Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. They have not had a t

From NFL.COM Atlanta Falcons (HC and GM): The Falcons interviewed interim head coach Raheem Morris for the full-time job Friday and are expected run a wide search beginning Monday. Among the cand

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

What are your thoughts about Adam Gase as our OC? He was horrible at the Jets but as a OC he was great offense mind.

I disagree. All-world roster in Denver, pure trash in Chicago. Got 2 HC jobs "For his offensive mind" and both teams were trash on offense. 

He succeeded because of Peyton Manning. 

please not another one dont do it. if we go defensive minded i might be done. you dont need go defensive mind to get a good defense just get a decent DC. Just get smith and be done with it . if AB does it again he might be the dumbest owner of all time

1 minute ago, shock said:

If the new HC isn’t an offensive minded guy I’m going to be so god**** disappointed. Why is McKay making any decisions for this team? Dude should’ve been canned a long time ago. 

FACT:  The HC hires that McKay has his fingers in we’re Petrino and Mora - both of whom were worse than Smitty & QUINN.

52 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Brown, Kelly, Fontenot are all connected to Hackett as HC. Paton is rumored to wanna work with Fitzgerald from Northwestern. Arthur Smith is rumored to pair with Ryan Cowden. I wouldn’t mind Brown. He could pair with Mike McDaniel or Hackett. Kelly could pair with Hackett, Staley,  McDaniel, or Smith.

I thought Arthur Smith ws pared with Holmes or is that Daboll?

1 hour ago, blknoble357 said:

The good thing about this, it is the Jets. Indisputably the least preferred job in the NFL. Any candidates for these openings will be waiting to hear back from any other team they interviewed with. Effin Jets. Come on, man. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, JetJones11 said:

I’m over here dreaming about a Riddick - Bienemy - Fields combo i hope this is just smoke ... the report came out we are interested in Riddick but we let Texans Lions and Jags interview him what the f*** are we doing 

Could be The Falcons realized Riddick wasn’t quite ready, and maybe those other 3 teams have felt the same. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment, we are not getting Fields after his last game.

1 minute ago, Cheyakita said:

Could be The Falcons realized Riddick wasn’t quite ready, and maybe those other 3 teams have felt the same. Don’t set yourself up for disappointment, we are not getting Fields after his last game.

He still has one more game, and this is just speculation. For all we know,  Lawrence could be the 2nd or 3rd pick. I know, highly unlikely, but we really don't know where anyone is going to be selected. 

1 hour ago, ike barn87987 said:

Brown, Kelly, Fontenot are all connected to Hackett as HC. Paton is rumored to wanna work with Fitzgerald from Northwestern. Arthur Smith is rumored to pair with Ryan Cowden. I wouldn’t mind Brown. He could pair with Mike McDaniel or Hackett. Kelly could pair with Hackett, Staley,  McDaniel, or Smith.

LOL this sounds like “this wine pairs nicely with prime rib and sautéed oysters flambé”

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

He still has one more game, and this is just speculation. For all we know,  Lawrence could be the 2nd or 3rd pick. I know, highly unlikely, but we really don't know where anyone is going to be selected. 

Lawrence and Fields will go 1-2, maybe not in that order but a team with the picks will jump up to take the other if the Jets decide against taking a QB. It would be great if it doesn’t happen but right now it doesn’t seem likely.

1 hour ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

What are your thoughts about Adam Gase as our OC? He was horrible at the Jets but as a OC he was great offense mind.

If we are wanting to completely change the culture then bringing in someone who has failed miserably twice as HC while ruffling feathers along the way probably wouldn’t be a good idea IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

If we are wanting to completely change the culture then bringing in someone who has failed miserably twice as HC while ruffling feathers along the way probably wouldn’t be a good idea IMHO. 

Im a "Once bitten, twice shy guy.". If you have failed twice as a head coach, perhaps head coaching isn't your thing.  Not everyone is a leader or head coaching candidate.

2 hours ago, quotemokc said:

Please no coaches/GM's that have already been tried and failed.

I just don't understand this perspective. To my mind for this mindset to hold weight, the Head coach would have to be 100% responsible for the outcome on the field. We all know that isn't true.

So much of NFL success/failure is based on organizational infastructure, personnel, players execution and even some luck. 

Hiring a first time coach is no different than a new "can't miss" draft pick. So much has to fall into place to obtain success.

Hiring a coach that's failed elsewhere DEFINITELY doesn't guarantee they'll fail elsewhere.