2 hours ago, caponine said:

Idk if i would say lesser Mayfield. Think he has a high ceiling tbh. Its crazy but the kid can play and he is only 23 yrs old. 

That simply cannot be true. Don’t you know that ONLY top five picks in the NFL draft can be successful QBs?  Did you not get the memo?  It’s been posted on these boards for several weeks now. This man was a 6th round draft pick. Do not fall for what your eyes and his statistics would erroneously lead you to believe. He is a 6th round pick. He simply cannot be good. There’s never, ever been a 6th round QB pick who was any good. And then someone actually suggested he would end up in New England. That’s crazy. Bill Belichik simply would never start a 6th round draft pick. No way. He is used to having Tom Brady the GOAT after all.../purple

”And the boards said, low draft picks need not apply, so Gardner tucked his hair up under his helmet and he went in to ask the board why. They said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you’ll do. So he took off his helmet and said “imagine that, me a 6th round pick QBing for you!”

Much love to the Five Man Electrical Band for writing one of the best songs of all time  

1 hour ago, marvinthemartian said:

That simply cannot be true. Don’t you know that ONLY top five picks in the NFL draft can be successful QBs?  Did you not get the memo?  It’s been posted on these boards for several weeks now. This man was a 6th round draft pick. Do not fall for what your eyes and his statistics would erroneously lead you to believe. He is a 6th round pick. He simply cannot be good. There’s never, ever been a 6th round QB pick who was any good. And then someone actually suggested he would end up in New England. That’s crazy. Bill Belichik simply would never start a 6th round draft pick. No way. He is used to having Tom Brady the GOAT after all.../purple

”And the boards said, low draft picks need not apply, so Gardner tucked his hair up under his helmet and he went in to ask the board why. They said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you’ll do. So he took off his helmet and said “imagine that, me a 6th round pick QBing for you!”

Much love to the Five Man Electrical Band for writing one of the best songs of all time  

Nice.  I like him for a backup.  Dude is quirky apparently, and I think his demeanor may be difficult for some to deal with.  

I like Minshew and he got done dirty by the Jags, but he’s also not as good as his numbers suggest. If you watch him play, he’s not all that. He’s better than a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones but I wouldn’t call him “good.” For a 5th or a 6th to be our backup? Sure, why not. It’s not like we’re likely to draft anyone good there, at least not with the 6th round pick. Jags would be more likely to just keep him as backup though. 

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

I like Minshew and he got done dirty by the Jags, but he’s also not as good as his numbers suggest. If you watch him play, he’s not all that. He’s better than a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones but I wouldn’t call him “good.” For a 5th or a 6th to be our backup? Sure, why not. It’s not like we’re likely to draft anyone good there, at least not with the 6th round pick. Jags would be more likely to just keep him as backup though. 

He's scrappy.  There is a weird Jim McMahon about him.  I think he'd be great in Falcons Red and Black.

4 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

If what we needed was a place holder QB, he wouldn’t be bad. But that’s not what we need. He’s basically a better, more aggressive Tyrod Taylor in terms of player caliber. 

True, but as a QB2, he is superior to Schaub.  We will need a solid two.  Whether we draft a kid or not, we need a two.  And Minshew is on his rookie contract.  

33 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Minshew in arthur smiths offense would be fun to watch. Build a legit running game around this guy and let him play action boot all game long. Our line is athletic enough for all the movement. It would work.

Give him one year behind Matt Ryan to learn from a true professional and finally get his head straight...one year where he doesn't have to come and go, up and down...

38 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Man never really thought of it. The 37-12 TD INT is... I thought he was just not that productive. 

Believe you just brought up the Unicorn of TAFT until draft day. 

Thank you...people's perception of him because he comes from Jax is skewed, but the actual proven NFL production speaks to a guy I'd rather have than any of the question mark qb's coming out of the draft...

5 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

He would be sooooooo much better had he simply been drafted high in the first round. /purple

I know right.. I’ll be honest. I have never really watched him but the op made a compelling case which is rare this time of year. He is worth a consideration. Some guys just know how to get **** done.