How many more good years do you think Matt Ryan has left in him IF he gets a good offensive coach?

3 hours ago, coastiemike said:

Same thing was said about Brees when he went 7-9 for three straight seasons.

lets first get a legit Head Coach, a difference maker RB and a competent defense, then we can talk about Ryan playing in to his 40's. Brees ain't carrying **** these days, hes just a game manager, but people will lose their **** if you label Ryan one any time soon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3-5 depending how much he keeps getting hit

He's not playing til his 40's, his play is already starting to decline 

Blame DK for “declining Matt” being 4th in league in passing yards? LOL. To answer your question....I know this is a little deep, but yes I do.

3 hours ago, Romfal said:

lets first get a legit Head Coach, a difference maker RB and a competent defense, then we can talk about Ryan playing in to his 40's. Brees ain't carrying **** these days, hes just a game manager, but people will lose their **** if you label Ryan one any time soon

Hopefully Matt Ryan will take a huge pay cut in 2024 so he can stay longer.

With the right system his career should last about 2 years before he starts to become a liability. His skill set isn’t as dynamic as contemporary QBs, but be can still be serviceable and good. I think any HC coming in will see his current ability and place him in a more balanced (perhaps run heavy) offense. 

19 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Matt Ryan will be 36 years old next year. However quarterbacks are playing into their 40's nowadays.

How many more good seasons do you think Matt Ryan has left in in the tank if he gets a good offensive minded head coach that can maximize his talents?

Man, let me tell. When everything that happened with MV7 transpired I devastated. I can remember the day, I was in Gulfport Ms. Working for contractor out if Fort Gillem. We closing bases down because BRAC so all excess equipment was being shipped to Fort Gillem before redistribution to other units. I returned to my hotel room and turned on the TV and MV7 had been indicted. 07 was a bad year for the Falcons than the next year, we hired TD and Mike Smith than drafted Matt Ryan and things were stable, we had winning seasons again and we enjoyed that for a very long time. I said all of that to say this, do I like Matt Ryan (**** yeah) was a season ticket for awhile. While in the Marine Corps up until 05, I only watched the Falcons from afar; for 11 years and 8 months while in the Corps, I watched this team go up and down with 98 being the highlight of those years, than MV7 was drafted in 01 than some excitement was restored in the city followed by more up and down seasons than 08 we drafted Ryan and excitement was restored now 12 years later more up and down. I ask you this, havent we kicked this can down the road enough. We should drafted QB more than 2 years ago ( some will say we drafted Kirk Benkirk, Shockley, and the kid from Alabama) but who believes that this organization really tried to develop any of those guys ( be honest), **** we brought Matt Schaub back. All I am saying is, we need to really start thinking about replacing Matt Ryan, his arm strength (always has been a question), the decision making which is becoming a problem over the last couple of years. I want more excitement back on this team and I believe its starts with the QB.

2 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

With the right system his career should last about 2 years before he starts to become a liability. His skill set isn’t as dynamic as contemporary QBs, but be can still be serviceable and good. I think any HC coming in with see his current ability and place him in a more balanced (perhaps run heavy) offense. 

Are you guys really serious, **** Baltimore let Flacco go and he won a Superbowl granted they had a Defense, but those homers will say (Ryan never had that, which isn't true) our defensives werent lights out but they were good enough. We does Ryan continue to get a **** pass but I kinda know why.

If we were to find a running game and bolster the defense I think Ryan could age in the same way Brees or Brady has.  If we continue down the road of him having to carry the team we will get more sub 500 records.  Ryan is not the ultimate problem with this team but he has never really been one to carry the team for long stretches. He really needs a ground game to be successful.  

1 minute ago, autigerfan said:

If we were to find a running game and bolster the defense I think Ryan could age in the same way Brees or Brady has.  If we continue down the road of him having to carry the team we will get more sub 500 records.  Ryan is not the ultimate problem with this team but he has never really been one to carry the team for long stretches. He really needs a ground game to be successful.  

And this is something most QBs need.  Offenses that are balanced allow for more creativity.

5 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

He's not carrying the team, but he's still putting up terrific numbers. A little down this year compared to last but by no means bad. 

Brees hasn't had to carry that team for a number of years.  They have a stout defense and they have some dynamic weapons on offense that allow Brees to function at a high level.  He is a little more than a glorified game manager at this point but I would take the same results from our team any day.  

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

You mean Wentz?  Furthermore, don't even flatter yourself, or anybody else, with including Ryan in the same breath as Rodgers. 

They seem to forget this, Ryan is not in the same league as Rodgers, Brees, Brady. Its kinda annoying how they compare him to those 3 elite first ballot hof qbs 

11 hours ago, joeyg2033 said:

The same way that Philly is looking dumb when they drafted Hurts? 

Small sample size on Hurts.  Looked pretty good his first 2 starts, not so much the 3rd when they really needed a win against Dallas.  Ryan would have been crucified here with the numbers Jalen put up his last start.  

59 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

Are you guys really serious, **** Baltimore let Flacco go and he won a Superbowl granted they had a Defense, but those homers will say (Ryan never had that, which isn't true) our defensives werent lights out but they were good enough. We does Ryan continue to get a **** pass but I kinda know why.

Same thing i said and was called a troll and didnt know what i was talking abiut

Matt Ryan has had good defenses throughout his career. Were they great ?? No but they didnt have to be. They did what they were suppose to 

2 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

Small sample size on Hurts.  Looked pretty good his first 2 starts, not so much the 3rd when they really needed a win against Dallas.  Ryan would have been crucified here with the numbers Jalen put up his last start.  

Ryan isnt a 2nd year qb tho 

Unless we can draft a sure fire starter at QB this year, and trade Matt Ryan, all of this is moot.  The finances of the NFL pretty much dictate what will happen.  Matt Ryan will start next year, at minimum.  More than likely the next two seasons barring anything crazy.  Unless a kid comes in this year and absolutely burns down training camp and the preseason, Matt Ryan, for better or worse, is the starter.  That salary dictates that.  Finances are a ***** in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

Same thing i said and was called a troll and didnt know what i was talking abiut

Matt Ryan has had good defenses throughout his career. Were they great ?? No but they didnt have to be. They did what they were suppose to 

That’s complete BS.  For one Flacco was not nearly as good as Ryan and did fall off a cliff.  Flacco basically saved his career by playing lights out in the playoffs and then didn’t do crap afterwards.  2nd... if you are saying the Falcons had anywhere remotely close to a defense like Baltimore had when Flacco was there then you are just plain lying or have a very bad memory.  

2 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

That’s complete BS.  For one Flacco was not nearly as good as Ryan and did fall off a cliff.  Flacco basically saved his career by playing lights out in the playoffs and then didn’t do crap afterwards.  2nd... if you are saying the Falcons had anywhere remotely close to a defense like Baltimore had when Flacco was there then you are just plain lying or have a very bad memory.  

Absolutely.  We've never had a defense remotely as talented or consistent as that Ravens defense.  Not even debatable.

26 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

Unless we can draft a sure fire starter at QB this year, and trade Matt Ryan, all of this is moot.  The finances of the NFL pretty much dictate what will happen.  Matt Ryan will start next year, at minimum.  More than likely the next two seasons barring anything crazy.  Unless a kid comes in this year and absolutely burns down training camp and the preseason, Matt Ryan, for better or worse, is the starter.  That salary dictates that.  Finances are a ***** in the NFL.

I believe everyone has pretty much said, let the kid sit for 1-2 years. On one is pushing to throw the kid in the fire

21 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

***Ryan would have been crucified here with the numbers Jalen put up his last start.***

As well as he should. Your comparing a former mvp and 13 year veteran with a rookie playing in just his 4th game.  With that said, I heard a stat that Hurts is still the only qb in history with something like 800 yds passing and 200 yds rushing in his first 3 games...  Vick didn't even have that... Crazy. 

49 minutes ago, CraigSmackDaddy said:

U just put words in my mouth smh 

All i said was that he has had good defenses, they were not great but did their job 

47 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

I believe everyone has pretty much said, let the kid sit for 1-2 years. On one is pushing to throw the kid in the fire

Does that make sense?  Like I said, if you draft top five, that player needs to start.  Just my honest opinion as an old school fan.

9 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

***Ryan would have been crucified here with the numbers Jalen put up his last start.***

As well as he should. Your comparing a former mvp and 13 year veteran with a rookie playing in just his 4th game.  With that said, I heard a stat that Hurts is still the only qb in history with something like 800 yds passing and 200 yds rushing in his first 3 games...  Vick didn't even have that... Crazy. 

That wasnt the point tho lol we arent comparing a rookie qb too a 14 yr vet, 36 yr old qb.