January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

ON GUNNER

kirbyourenthusiasm
Posted on 6 mins, , , User Post Count: 0
  • 6 mins

Didn't log on over the weekend, but just saw the DN article saying he'll graduate from UGA. I was close friends in school with a relative. I was told after thinking it through, he would regret having the opportunity to play at Georgia and not taking it. Said he was listening to what others said made sense instead of doing what made sense to him - which is being a Dawg. He just wants to work and is confident he'll have his time in Athens. Kids definitely do just say stuff but after getting some added context.. I believe him. He is all about Georgia football

7 hours ago, GAbred said:

That sounds good when he's a junior in HS. Things will be a lot different if he's not playing and a junior at UGA. 

Ok?? That’s 4 years from now. He plans to graduate. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like that should be celebrated instead of undermined with a chorus of “yeah but” skepticism from the fanbase. 

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ok?? That’s 4 years from now. He plans to graduate. Maybe it’s just me but I feel like that should be celebrated instead of undermined with a chorus of “yeah but” skepticism from the fanbase. 

yeah i don't get it.. Seems some guys will jump to the negative.. Maybe just maybe celebrate the fact that he loves UGA that much and may stay til he graduates..  I  hope he does for sure. 

3 hours ago, Carter said:

Fair point. I don't think it deserves to be undermined or celebrated is what I was thinking. I wish him success at Georgia, but I will feel that way if he decides to leave as well.

From the things I read, this fan base can turn on you. Many are still rooting for the downfall of guys who leave. To me, if you finish the season and the coaches allow you to finish then that's it. Maybe it's not perfect the way it plays out but unless you are directly involved you don't truly know the whole story. 

1 hour ago, GAbred said:

Fair point. I don't think it deserves to be undermined or celebrated is what I was thinking. I wish him success at Georgia, but I will feel that way if he decides to leave as well.

From the things I read, this fan base can turn on you. Many are still rooting for the downfall of guys who leave. To me, if you finish the season and the coaches allow you to finish then that's it. Maybe it's not perfect the way it plays out but unless you are directly involved you don't truly know the whole story. 

Yeah folks can definitely turn. I don’t really get that way. Even with Fields I was certain he’d have success at OSU and didn’t wish him any failure unless he had to play us. I would have no problem with the Falcons drafting him either if he’s there at 4. He needs to go somewhere he can develop into an NFL QB anyway and developing behind Ryan in his hometown with a competent offensive staff could be a good fit. I think he has longevity potential as a passer, which of course is the big concern with dual threat guys because the legs eventually slow down.

Only time I ever have bitterness toward former UGA players is if they go to a rival or talk trash after they leave. Or a few special cases in recruiting like Laremy Tunsil, Aubrey Solomon, or Derrick Brown for instance. 

2021 PWO Class:
Noah Jones - Punter
Jonathan Washburn - Long Snapper
Matthew Helow - Safety
John Ferguson - Offensive Lineman
Mekhi Mews - Wide Receiver
Logan Johnson - Wide Receiver
Cash Jones - Running Back

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we will see.. he has done a great job keeping stuff private.  a lot of what we are seeing are guessing without any information.  

True that. But here's some more guessing anyway xD

Usually when I see schools pitching a position, and another school is pitching corner... The school pitching corner wins those.

3 hours ago, AutumnEffect said:

True that. But here's some more guessing anyway xD

Usually when I see schools pitching a position, and another school is pitching corner... The school pitching corner wins those.

We are also pitching corner. Just appears we lost out. We'll know tomorrow.

6 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

we will see.. he has done a great job keeping stuff private.  a lot of what we are seeing are guessing without any information.  

Yes we will know tonight or tomorrow probably when Rusty weighs in with his crystal ball