Jump to content

January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

Back to recruiting.. be on the lookout for possible 2022 commitments over the next couple of weeks, Gunner is doing some work. 
 

Arik Gilbert, look for him to enroll somewhere for the summer portion. I still like UGA but not as confident as I was before. 
 

Arnold, like I said earlier it’s between UGA and Bama and I like where we are with him. 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Makes no sense at all. Florida doesn’t have a QB, they aren’t going to be a very good team and MuLLLen is actively pursuing NFL opportunities. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck to him I guess. I hope they lose every game though. 

He saw LSU offense with Burrow and chased it only for it to burn then he did the same exact thing with Florida lol. This kid just isn’t bright.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He saw LSU offense with Burrow and chased it only for it to burn then he did the same exact thing with Florida lol. This kid just isn’t bright.

It definitely does not seem like the best decision from the outside looking in. We had some very reliable folks saying and hinting that he was very likely heading to UGA also, so I don’t know what the story really is. UGA is expected to have one of the best offenses in the SEC next season... Florida is definitely not. It’s pretty weird. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He saw LSU offense with Burrow and chased it only for it to burn then he did the same exact thing with Florida lol. This kid just isn’t bright.

There's always that one...  Gilbert certainly appears to be him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Makes no sense at all. Florida doesn’t have a QB, they aren’t going to be a very good team and MuLLLen is actively pursuing NFL opportunities. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Best of luck to him I guess. I hope they lose every game though. 

MuLLLen and GiLLLbert seem to be made for each other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Arik saw what Pitts was able to do and I’m sure Mullen sold him on that. And UGA’s lack of TE use was probably what Mullen used and the fact you guys have Washington. Probably told him he could come right in and start

I hope he balls out against everyone but UGA I just don’t see it happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

Arik saw what Pitts was able to do and I’m sure Mullen sold him on that. And UGA’s lack of TE use was probably what Mullen used and the fact you guys have Washington. Probably told him he could come right in and start

Arik decided against coming to UGA 2x so I doubt it was just that.  There is something else btw regarding Arik and UGA's staff (there is a lot more about this situation that will come out).  Honestly numbers are very tight and we have very important needs and Arik isn't one of them.  I know that might sound like sour grapes, but it is very true.  We have at most 3 spots left I believe we can bring in.  We need dbs and I mean more than 1.  We also need a speedy wr and it is important we get one.  We might use some of our 2022 spots for dbs after spring practice, but a lot depends on what is in the portal and how our dbs perform this spring.  Arik doesn't want to block and while he can split out and make some bigtime plays for us we are in great shape with Bowers coming in and Washington returning.  Bowers (If you haven't seen his video you should.. he is a heck of a prospect) and Washington are going to be very important for us.  I had hoped we would have room for more guys, but it sounds like our staff is looking more at position of need because this team is going to have a chance at a big title run this year and we have some areas we must shore up.  Arik wants to be the big man on campus and be "the" guy so he will get that chance at florida.  I have my own personal opinions on arik that I won't share, but I feel we are in a better spot without him on the team and using our available spots on positions of real needs.  JMO 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

Arik decided against coming to UGA 2x so I doubt it was just that.  There is something else btw regarding Arik and UGA's staff (there is a lot more about this situation that will come out).  Honestly numbers are very tight and we have very important needs and Arik isn't one of them.  I know that might sound like sour grapes, but it is very true.  We have at most 3 spots left I believe we can bring in.  We need dbs and I mean more than 1.  We also need a speedy wr and it is important we get one.  We might use some of our 2022 spots for dbs after spring practice, but a lot depends on what is in the portal and how our dbs perform this spring.  Arik doesn't want to block and while he can split out and make some bigtime plays for us we are in great shape with Bowers coming in and Washington returning.  Bowers (If you haven't seen his video you should.. he is a heck of a prospect) and Washington are going to be very important for us.  I had hoped we would have room for more guys, but it sounds like our staff is looking more at position of need because this team is going to have a chance at a big title run this year and we have some areas we must shore up.  Arik wants to be the big man on campus and be "the" guy so he will get that chance at florida.  I have my own personal opinions on arik that I won't share, but I feel we are in a better spot without him on the team and using our available spots on positions of real needs.  JMO 

Very well said Sac. I agree!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sac said it best, we wanted Arik but we didn’t need him. He’s not going to be the difference in us being great on offense or not over the next couple seasons. He simply made a bad decision imo. He’s going to a place where they return absolutely nobody and is a situation, offensive wise, that was just like the one he left. 
 

In other news, tomorrow could be a good day. There’s some rumblings and we might add a WR to our 22 class. (AJ Johnson is who I’m talking about btw) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2021 at 5:24 PM, Carter said:

As far as it pertains to Gunner, it’s fair to bring up because currently it’s back to back 5 star QBs again. But I also won’t be surprised if Gunner is a composite 4 star by the end and I don’t think he nor his family is coming in with any expectations of playing right away or else. They haven’t had their heads blown up about him being a generational talent. It’s fair to bring up but I don’t think it’s going to play out the same way. Gunner is most likely going to graduate from UGA imo.

*cough cough*

DGD in the making

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

To All, Please take particular note of the "and graduate" portion of the quote.  The dream is alive!

I love that he acknowledged that because of the portal, you never know who you'll be competing with, so it's silly to try and run away from it. Seems like a mature kid who just wants to compete, work, and win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, AutumnEffect said:

I love that he acknowledged that because of the portal, you never know who you'll be competing with, so it's silly to try and run away from it. Seems like a mature kid who just wants to compete, work, and win.

That sounds good when he's a junior in HS. Things will be a lot different if he's not playing and a junior at UGA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...