Jump to content

January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s the most reasonable observation. Fields offered huge potential but was not outperforming Fromm as a freshman. It’s only controversial with some folks because they made their mind up that Fields s

yeah i don't get it.. Seems some guys will jump to the negative.. Maybe just maybe celebrate the fact that he loves UGA that much and may stay til he graduates..  I  hope he does for sure. 

Bear Alexander should commit to the Dawgs on Wednesday..

37 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

But I thought the way KS handled the quarterbacks not too long ago was going to haunt him for years...

 

you know Kirby can't recruit 5 star qbs.. they won't want to play for him says our rivals and some of our few moronic fans.  those fans are very small, but per usual loud (not referring to any person on this board)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

you know Kirby can't recruit 5 star qbs.. they won't want to play for him says our rivals and some of our few moronic fans.  those fans are very small, but per usual loud (not referring to any person on this board)

Well....

🧐

Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a few, I really like Meeks but with him it’s all about staying healthy. TID, while he’s highly rated on 247 he’s barely a top 250 kid on the other sites. Javin Bullard is going to be a good player for us I believe. Finally, Chaz Chambliss who I believe is the next coming of David Pollack imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

UGA Dreams...

2021 - JT Daniels; backed up by true Freshman Brock Vandagriff.  Daniels wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2022 - Vandagriff heir apparent as true Soph.; backed up by true Freshman Gunner Stockton. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2023 - Vandagriff as true Junior; backed up by true Soph. Gunner Stockton. Vandagriff wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2024 - Stockton as true Junior; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton is a Heisman finalist. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2025 - *Stockton as true Senior if he decides to stay for final year ? ; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton wins the Heisman; eligibility over/goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

UGA Dreams...

2021 - JT Daniels; backed up by true Freshman Brock Vandagriff.  Daniels wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2022 - Vandagriff heir apparent as true Soph.; backed up by true Freshman Gunner Stockton. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2023 - Vandagriff as true Junior; backed up by true Soph. Gunner Stockton. Vandagriff wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2024 - Stockton as true Junior; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton is a Heisman finalist. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2025 - *Stockton as true Senior if he decides to stay for final year ? ; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton wins the Heisman; eligibility over/goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

 

Yeah unfortunately I'd say this is a big dream. The reality is the guy who loses the competition is going to transfer elsewhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

you know Kirby can't recruit 5 star qbs.. they won't want to play for him says our rivals and some of our few moronic fans.  those fans are very small, but per usual loud (not referring to any person on this board)

i know you said you weren't referring to anyone specific, but I will highlight a few differences from last time to this - and I am sure some are thinking of me :D

Jake Fromm coming off a Natty and then Justin Fields coming in as the new "NFL prototype skillset and surefire Top 5 pick"

is much different than:

Brock Vandagriff being a Sophmore who likely won't play his Freshman year(barring JT Daniels injury) and Gunner Stockton being a dayum good QB but not necessarily oozing w/ size/speed/arm "NFL prototype".

 

Also,  Gunner I believe was raised and probably grew up a UGA fan in an area that is all UGA all the time.

Rusty Mansell said the reality is one of these two guys - BVG or Gunner - will leave UGA in 2023(whoever loses the QB battle in 2022) - and that is just reality in the portal world we live in today - especially with QBs.

 

Also, for as much as many here like to blame Justin, Kirby handled it poorly and needed a plan for Justin who deserved playing time he didn't get - Kirby will have a plan this time and so will his OC - who will be better than Chaney.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ransack said:

Yeah unfortunately I'd say this is a big dream. The reality is the guy who loses the competition is going to transfer elsewhere.

I don't agree that "reality" is one WILL transfer out. Possible yes, but there are some compelling factors for both that give us hope that both stay at UGA. Vandagriff could end up staying as a Senior and that might prompt Stockton to transfer after two years at UGA. There are a multitude of scenarios that could play out given the potential for injuries to any of the three, development of each, etc.  It is just great to have hope that UGA is going to be set with these two QBs and young men for the next few seasons!  Heck, it may work out perfectly for all and the Dawgs win the next 5 Natty games!

Go Dawgs!

Link to post
Share on other sites

To me the biggest problem with the fields situation was Kirby wasn't interested in running up the score on coaches he has a positive relationships with.  That led to fields having to just hand it off the whole time in mop up duty which didn't allow him to show what he could do in live game action.  I think you can appease some kids with backup duty if they get the opportunity to come in and actually play and run the offense. I wouldn't want mop up duty just handing it off either.  Unless I'm in then NFL making 7/8 figures to keep my mouth shut and do what the coach wants me to do.  How is a kid supposed to learn without live game reps?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richham said:

To me the biggest problem with the fields situation was Kirby wasn't interested in running up the score on coaches he has a positive relationships with.  That led to fields having to just hand it off the whole time in mop up duty which didn't allow him to show what he could do in live game action.  I think you can appease some kids with backup duty if they get the opportunity to come in and actually play and run the offense. I wouldn't want mop up duty just handing it off either.  Unless I'm in then NFL making 7/8 figures to keep my mouth shut and do what the coach wants me to do.  How is a kid supposed to learn without live game reps?

The pivotal moment I knew Kirby didnt balance the situation properly was the Florida game. Fields should have been the QB the second half. But I believe that wont happen again with similar circumstances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

The pivotal moment I knew Kirby didnt balance the situation properly was the Florida game. Fields should have been the QB the second half. But I believe that wont happen again with similar circumstances. 

I would have thought the LSU game where Jake looked awful the first half

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, richham said:

Yeah I forgot about that game.  Why he didn't throw him out there I will never understand.  Could have changed the trajectory of fields at UGA.

it absolutely could have changed the trajectory.   It was fairly obvious then - then when Justin did finally get to play in a blowout of UMASS, he lit them up like a Christmas tree - had D-Rob not dropped a perfect tear-drop 50yd dime, Justin would have had 3 TD passes in that game. -  then after UMASS, crickets...went right back to the same meaningless mop-up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, richham said:

Yeah I forgot about that game.  Why he didn't throw him out there I will never understand.  Could have changed the trajectory of fields at UGA.

I'm with you.  The LSU game was basically over at HT.   Put Fields in and see what he can do.   Then there were rumors that Fields would start against the Turds.   Fromm started and played an incredible game and that was that for Fields.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I'm with you.  The LSU game was basically over at HT.   Put Fields in and see what he can do.   Then there were rumors that Fields would start against the Turds.   Fromm started and played an incredible game and that was that for Fields.

Kirby should have put Fields in at LSU. I was very surprised he didn't.

Yes, and Fields (allegedly) managed to torpedo his potential to start v. Fluhiduh with his behavior in the two weeks leading up to the game.

It's water under the bridge now. Heck that water is in the South China Sea by now...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a lot of chatter about some players and their attitudes around the time of the LSU game, wasn’t there?

bottom line is, I’m sure there was some stuff going on behind closed doors. I absolutely would have loved to have seen more of the kid (especially in that LSU game).. but to sit here and believe it was all on one side “mismanaging” the situation, without knowing what was going on behind closed doors or in that locker room, is just being short sighted. I mean we saw the statement made to teammates after a win in SC about him “handing the ball off good as ****e” but you don’t think that manifested anywhere else?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 11:41 AM, VA F.O. said:

Yeah, apparently SC was just the right combo of Shaw, Bobo, and distance to override UGA, but Bobo alone wasn't enough, who knew?

 

On 1/12/2021 at 4:27 PM, Carter said:

Yeah there was no way Stockton was going to stick at South Carolina without Bobo. He’s close with Shaw but Shaw with Bobo is what made the decision easy for him. He will probably take some time to choose between UGA and Auburn, but I think it will be Auburn in the end. Maybe another team comes into the picture too. 

What am I chopped liver lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

There was a lot of chatter about some players and their attitudes around the time of the LSU game, wasn’t there?

bottom line is, I’m sure there was some stuff going on behind closed doors. I absolutely would have loved to have seen more of the kid (especially in that LSU game).. but to sit here and believe it was all on one side “mismanaging” the situation, without knowing what was going on behind closed doors or in that locker room, is just being short sighted. I mean we saw the statement made to teammates after a win in SC about him “handing the ball off good as ****e” but you don’t think that manifested anywhere else?

 

Short sighted is only part of it. Stubborn and ignorant is the rest of it. We have a number of fans who latched onto Justin Fields as the answer, the truth and the way... and they wouldn’t hear anything that contradicted their prejudice. Similar mindset to what too many people have with politics also.

We got some very leading articles and “info” around that whole situation also that didn’t help, most of which proved to be misleading. There were problems with Fields, but it had a lot more to do with his dad demanding he play or else. No coach should buckle to that ever, I don’t care who the player is. I wish Fields had stayed but I’m glad Kirby didn’t let some helicopter dad tell him how to do his job. The decision to leave was on Fields, not Kirby, and no amount of opinionated hot takes will ever change that. We tried to keep him but Kirby wasn’t willing to compromise the whole team for one player so the consequences were what they were.

As far as it pertains to Gunner, it’s fair to bring up because currently it’s back to back 5 star QBs again. But I also won’t be surprised if Gunner is a composite 4 star by the end and I don’t think he nor his family is coming in with any expectations of playing right away or else. They haven’t had their heads blown up about him being a generational talent. It’s fair to bring up but I don’t think it’s going to play out the same way. Gunner is most likely going to graduate from UGA imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Let’s not re-hatch the Fields situation lol

I think we are all over it. We were just discussing Kirby’s coaching. Let’s hope we see a different result this time. I don’t think it has to be like last time. There is room for a couple really good qb’s on every team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

UGA Dreams...

2021 - JT Daniels; backed up by true Freshman Brock Vandagriff.  Daniels wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2022 - Vandagriff heir apparent as true Soph.; backed up by true Freshman Gunner Stockton. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2023 - Vandagriff as true Junior; backed up by true Soph. Gunner Stockton. Vandagriff wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2024 - Stockton as true Junior; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton is a Heisman finalist. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2025 - *Stockton as true Senior if he decides to stay for final year ? ; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton wins the Heisman; eligibility over/goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

 

Too bad no 5* is sitting two years

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carter said:

As far as it pertains to Gunner, it’s fair to bring up because currently it’s back to back 5 star QBs again. But I also won’t be surprised if Gunner is a composite 4 star by the end and I don’t think he nor his family is coming in with any expectations of playing right away or else. They haven’t had their heads blown up about him being a generational talent. It’s fair to bring up but I don’t think it’s going to play out the same way. Gunner is most likely going to graduate from UGA imo.

Can this be the guy who just redshirts and distances himself in the QB room?  You know we will be hot and heavy for the "Next" after these guys. 

Also be crazy if Beck blows everyone out the water and convo is null

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, PapaJoe said:

UGA Dreams...

2021 - JT Daniels; backed up by true Freshman Brock Vandagriff.  Daniels wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2022 - Vandagriff heir apparent as true Soph.; backed up by true Freshman Gunner Stockton. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2023 - Vandagriff as true Junior; backed up by true Soph. Gunner Stockton. Vandagriff wins the Heisman; goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

2024 - Stockton as true Junior; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton is a Heisman finalist. UGA runner-up for Natty.

2025 - *Stockton as true Senior if he decides to stay for final year ? ; backed up by *another 5* QB TBNL. Stockton wins the Heisman; eligibility over/goes Pro as #1 QB. UGA wins Natty.

 

You left out Arch Manning joining in 2023, and Jadyn Davis joining in 2024 :ninja: :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...