January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

Gunner Stockton is a pretty strong QB name. My favorite was probably John David Booty because I’m juvenile and enjoyed people saying Booty on tv a lot. ^_^

A good version would be....  Gunner Booty.

🎤  🚶‍♂️

SoFl_Dawg

Administrator
Got a PM that Chad Simmons from Rivals reported last night that Arnold spoke to Coach Addae and first impressions from Arnold on Addae were 10/10. Gotta love that they spoke on day 1 of the hire.

A father of a current UGA DB is also very impressed with Addae. First impressions indicate home run hire. Gotta love that parents have already been contacted.

I haven’t heard anything on the 22 DBs reaction yet but I’m sure they’ll be positive.

I’m anticipating that we upgraded here, despite the fact that Warren was a really good coach in his own right.

17 minutes ago, Dawgfanbrock said:

Getting a lot of Stockton cbs, wasn’t expecting that? So he’d be a little behind w Brock hopefully redshirting or playing very little next year- solid competition if we did get him, assume the later would transfer 

Expectation is that we may get a commitment soon from Gunner. 

Really didn't expect that; had totally given up on Stockton to UGA

Let the every 21 recruit in GA to UGA parade begin lol

Just hope that we can manage the situation better this time, and both, whoever the best QB is, plays, and, if that's not Stockton, he's willing to wait around till Vandagriff leaves

15 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Really didn't expect that; had totally given up on Stockton to UGA

Let the every 21 recruit in GA to UGA parade begin lol

Just hope that we can manage the situation better this time, and both, whoever the best QB is, plays, and, if that's not Stockton, he's willing to wait around till Vandagriff leaves

well if brock comes in and has a good freshman season and can put us in the right offense presnap (oh yeah after leading us to a national title game his true freshman year) and then gunner comes in and can't get basic calls right before the snap and has no clue what he is doing at QB then we might see the same thing with Gunner transferring.  we won't see this IMO because Brock won't be starting since JT Daniels will take us on the journey at qb this coming season.  the good thing is we won't see gunner's his dad say in the preseason "coaches you better play my kid or else" ..  the reality is this:  one of these qbs will transfer.  you can't have 2 5 stars and one will sit behind the other.. that rarely happens in today's college football.. However Gunner is good enough to compete with Brock from day 1.. he is that special.. Brock is a great one as well.. the QB battle is going to be awesome.   Also do not underestimate the importance of Gunner committing early and being a recruiter for this 2022 class.. Gunner is a kid that draws others and will help the recruiting class a lot. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

well if brock comes in and has a good freshman season and can put us in the right offense presnap (oh yeah after leading us to a national title game his true freshman year) and then gunner comes in and can't get basic calls right before the snap and has no clue what he is doing at QB then we might see the same thing with Gunner transferring especially if his dad says in the preseason "coaches you better play my kid or else" ..  the reality is this:  one of these qbs will transfer.  you can't have 2 5 stars and one will sit behind the other.. that rarely happens in today's college football.. However Gunner is good enough to compete with Brock from day 1.. he is that special.. Brock is a great one as well.. the QB battle is going to be awesome.   Also do not underestimate the importance of Gunner committing early and being a recruiter for this 2022 class.. Gunner is a kid that draws others and will help the recruiting class a lot. 

Well yeah, that's what excites me and worries me at the same time. We had that same deal with the 2018 class, and when the recruiter left, half the class left with. Here's hoping that doesn't happen this time

Just now, VA F.O. said:

Well yeah, that's what excites me and worries me at the same time. We had that same deal with the 2018 class, and when the recruiter left, half the class left with. Here's hoping that doesn't happen this time

honestly nothing to worry about IMO.  really no reason to worry about something that may or may not happen.. and Gunner is a much different person and player and family as well.  I wouldn't compare situations that have nothing to do with each other.