January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

We only had a competent qb for 4 games. Monken has been a creative OC everywhere he has been. A full off season  for He and Daniel will do wonders for the offense. JT is a student of the game and respected for his on the field intelligence, but his injury really limited him this past offseason.We are gonna look great in 21.

I would love to see a scenario of Pickens/Gilbert/Burton/Jackson/A.Smith at WR. Add Brock Bowers with Washington at TE, and we are hard to stop. Washington  might have been our best blocker, but he was very inconsistent as a route runner. Factor in our inadequate qb play for the first 7 games  and I understand why he was non existent. expect that to be the main thing he works on to clear up this offseason.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s the most reasonable observation. Fields offered huge potential but was not outperforming Fromm as a freshman. It’s only controversial with some folks because they made their mind up that Fields s

yeah i don't get it.. Seems some guys will jump to the negative.. Maybe just maybe celebrate the fact that he loves UGA that much and may stay til he graduates..  I  hope he does for sure. 

Bear Alexander should commit to the Dawgs on Wednesday..

From NUHusker06 on rivals. Usually solid info. “Mystery corner” is Elias Ricks out of LSU: 

Today at 7:06 PM
New
Add bookmark
A little late to the party.

Not Bob but wanted to share some thoughts. 

The transfer Portal will be a game changer this off-season. Kids who start for some big schools will transfer closer to home and some will come as a shock. (Rambo today at OU is only the beginning) Georgia will lose some, but I think the additions will outweigh the subtractions. 

Gonna get some big news on guys returning to school IMO this week. 

I do think Zeus and Cook both leave at this point. 

Lots of rumors on Dell. I can 100% confirm this isn't the first time Auburn has come calling. We shall see what happens. 

There is a BIG time CB that is being worked. He is NOT in the portal as of yet, but will be a splash if it happens. I cannot disclose at this time, as I don't want to risk my position. 

Hope all is well and with everyone and that 2021 will be a great year!

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

Cook coming back is a huge deal. Mac and Milton as the power backs and Cook as the multi purpose back our offense has crazy potential 

Probably not the right thread, but Cook doesn't impress me. I'd rather McIntosh be the all purpose back if someone even needs that label. What do you guys see in Cook? 

3 minutes ago, GAbred said:

Probably not the right thread, but Cook doesn't impress me. I'd rather McIntosh be the all purpose back if someone even needs that label. What do you guys see in Cook? 

Cook was the better rusher and receiving threat than Kenny.. not a knock on Kenny because he is a year behind. 

5 minutes ago, GAbred said:

He's the best receiver out of the backfield, by far. And Monkens offense relies on that, when he has his full offense installed. 

Cook returning is huge news for our offense. 

5 minutes ago, GAbred said:

I just haven't seen it on the field. Cook is fine, but in the bowl game things went fine with Mac. I hope I'm wrong because I've been waiting to be impressed. I thought Cook would be more shifty and fast. 

Cook isn’t going to be that RB that gets much more than 10 carries per game but it’s what he does that makes defense’s have to respect him on the field that make him so valuable. Think of him as Kamara type RB, not going to have big rushing games very often but defenses have to know where he’s at on the field. He opens the offense for other guys

10 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Cook isn’t going to be that RB that gets much more than 10 carries per game but it’s what he does that makes defense’s have to respect him on the field that make him so valuable. Think of him as Kamara type RB, not going to have big rushing games very often but defenses have to know where he’s at on the field. He opens the offense for other guys

He should be a matchup nightmare as a receiver out of the backfield.

I think Cook is under appreciated because he doesn’t show up big in the stats, but he demands attention from defenses and I believe our offense is better with him. He’s a tremendous receiving threat unlike any other RB we have on the roster. I think year 2 with JT Daniels and Monken could elevate Cook’s draft outlook quite a bit.

To be clear, I don’t expect a 2019 LSU type of offensive juggernaut turnaround, but it might be the best in the SEC. (Year 4 Matt Corral at Ole Miss under Kiffin will be hard to beat on stats. Bama will have a ton of turnover offensively.) We saw the offense open up in different ways after Daniels stepped in though and he’s a true nerd of the game; I think the improvement could be significant.

UGA should have significant playoff expectations across the board next season. It should elevate a lot of guys draft stock.