January 2021 UGA Recruiting Thread

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s the most reasonable observation. Fields offered huge potential but was not outperforming Fromm as a freshman. It’s only controversial with some folks because they made their mind up that Fields s

yeah i don't get it.. Seems some guys will jump to the negative.. Maybe just maybe celebrate the fact that he loves UGA that much and may stay til he graduates..  I  hope he does for sure. 

Bear Alexander should commit to the Dawgs on Wednesday..

7 minutes ago, Carter said:

The TE plays a bigger role in our offense than most. I really don’t understand our fans insistence on arguing our rivals pitches against us for them. Maybe they will put some of y’all on payroll for keeping it so real.

Would it be better to pretend?  
Gilbert alone had twice as many catches than all our te’s combined.

Edited by Turkeydawg
25 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Would it be better to pretend?  
Gilbert alone had twice as many catches than all our te’s combined.

Pretend what? Y’all are just taking an opportunity to talk out your ***. He has more catches because he lines up as a receiver a lot and their top receivers all left or opted out. LSU doesn’t exactly put many TEs in the league. He would do just fine at UGA.

11 hours ago, Carter said:

Pretend what? Y’all are just taking an opportunity to talk out your ***. He has more catches because he lines up as a receiver a lot and their top receivers all left or opted out. LSU doesn’t exactly put many TEs in the league. He would do just fine at UGA.

He would do fine anywhere he went.  If he wants to put up numbers, UGA hasn’t shown that they utilize the te in the passing game all that often.  Washington just got involved at the end of the season.

27 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

He would do fine anywhere he went.  If he wants to put up numbers, UGA hasn’t shown that they utilize the te in the passing game all that often.  Washington just got involved at the end of the season.

Give Monken enough time to get his offense installed before making any real assessment on WR/TE usage. 

And you’re right about Washington being more involved near the end. About the time the play book opened a bit more for JT.

10 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

And you’re right about Washington being more involved near the end. About the time the play book opened a bit more for JT.

Was it the playbook opening up for JT, or the rumblings that DW was thinking of transferring, due to lack of usage?

11 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think we should know what we have with an OC after 1 season.  

Really?  Monken had no traditional off-season and then had to deal with a redshirt Freshman QB coming off brain surgery and a 5’10” non-scholarship until recently QB as his options for half the season.

All things considered,  I don’t think anyone should expect that they know what this offense is or isn’t.

Monken had about half a season to install and it got better as it went.   There are some concerns in getting run game up to snuff but passing game is better than it has ever been in Kirby era and they have made conscious effort to get the Tight End more involved.

I take overwhelmingly positive not only for overall offense but for the Tight End position in Monken’s offense as well.

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Monken had about half a season to install and it got better as it went.   There are some concerns in getting run game up to snuff but passing game is better than it has ever been in Kirby era and they have made conscious effort to get the Tight End more involved.

I take overwhelmingly positive not only for overall offense but for the Tight End position in Monken’s offense as well.

I think the offense under Monken is great with JT as qb, I just wish the te was more involved.

Not sure how you can say that there has been a conscious effort to get the te more involved this year.  When Nauta was here, he had 29 catches his freshman year and 30 his junior year.

Edited by Turkeydawg
39 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

I think we should know what we have with an OC after 1 season.  

Whoaaa on that talk. I'm sure a lot learned their lesson with Shanny.. Almost always takes 2, and with the covid mess.. goodness.

35 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Was it the playbook opening up for JT, or the rumblings that DW was thinking of transferring, due to lack of usage?

I'd say more than likely a little of both.

34 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Monken, I just wish DW would be more involved in the passing game.

I get it.. based off the recent history.. But it is Monken's first year as well as DW's.. Patience.

28 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Really?  Monken had no traditional off-season and then had to deal with a redshirt Freshman QB coming off brain surgery and a 5’10” non-scholarship until recently QB as his options for half the season.

All things considered,  I don’t think anyone should expect that they know what this offense is or isn’t.

As far as the run game.. I certainly missed Pittman, but just like Monken, Luke may need another year before he can truly be evaluated as well.