Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I think the field we use (FieldTurf CORE) at the Mercedes-Benz stadium was put in just about 2 years ago after the previous one was in for a couple years.  Do yall think it's due to be replaced again in the next few years?  It looks good on TV imo.  I dont know how fast they get worn though.

Wait, what did yall think this post was gonna be about?  Made you look.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Fields is 100000x better than Fromm ever wished he could be.  Kirby really screwed UGA on the qbs, picking Fromm over Eason and Fields.  2 will be in the NFL for a 2nd contract while the other will be out getting fishing hooks caught in his leg. 

Just stop dude. Fields left because he was acting like a baby and didnt want to wait for his spot. Eason left because the team was in a good spot after he got hurt. Fromm wasnt going to be replaced after coming off a year that they went to the national title game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Fields is 100000x better than Fromm ever wished he could be.  Kirby really screwed UGA on the qbs, picking Fromm over Eason and Fields.  2 will be in the NFL for a 2nd contract while the other will be out getting fishing hooks caught in his leg. 

You’re in the wrong thread. This thread is about turf conditions 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ROMERO said:

Just stop dude. Fields left because he was acting like a baby and didnt want to wait for his spot. Eason left because the team was in a good spot after he got hurt. Fromm wasnt going to be replaced after coming off a year that they went to the national title game. 

Come on honeybun you know that is wrong.  Fromm was Kirby's golden boy and took him from Bama with him to UGA and picked him over Eason and Fields.  Eason and Fields will be getting a 2nd NFL contract while the racist Fromm will be out fishing and drinking with his buddies not making millions (not that it isn't a bad life).  Also the narrative that Fromm was close to the reason why UGA went to a natty is preposterous and a slap in the face to Chubb, Michel and the SRs who came back that year.  Clearly you did not watch any games as Fromm was a game manager at his very best, which was his Fr year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

Just stop dude. Fields left because he was acting like a baby and didnt want to wait for his spot. Eason left because the team was in a good spot after he got hurt. Fromm wasnt going to be replaced after coming off a year that they went to the national title game. 

John Elway and Eli Manning told ENTIRE football teams that they refuse to play for the team if the team drafted them. If Justin Fields pouted and pulled that stunt, he would be run out of the NFL by front offices, the fans and the media. It would be a FIELD day...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep the roof open and throw down some Scott’s Turf Builder Fescue with some starter fertilizer and lime. Keep it watered. It’s probably a bit too late this winter to plant it. Probably need to do this in early March 

If you decide to sod it let me know and I’ll have my buddy with a landscaping business hook you up./purple

Link to post
Share on other sites

After the week 2-3 reports from the Niners at MetLife back to back there was a lot of focus on the fields. 
The NFLPA held an emergency meeting after week 2 and proposed a conversion of 13 fields to natural grass. But the league determined the high number of early injuries were more likely due to player conditioning and lack of preseason. 
 

In September, 2019 we went to the Baylor opener against UTSA during a heat wave (also known as every day in Texas in summer) and the Waco police tweeted a public warning and showed the live temperature on the turf field. At its peak it reached over 160F on the visitor side. 

From the Waco Tribune story: “Baylor coach Matt Rhule said, “I’ve never played in a game that hot in my life.” Quarterback Charlie Brewer actually left the game because his feet felt hot.”

Fun fact about McLane Stadium, it is oriented and built so during day games the sun is directed to the visitors benches. Some teams even got fined by NCAA for setting up folding shade tents over their benches. But it is one of the most beautiful college stadiums to see a game. 
image.jpeg.70e8adc3fc372e385377df6f48143d12.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

After the week 2-3 reports from the Niners at MetLife back to back there was a lot of focus on the fields. 
The NFLPA held an emergency meeting after week 2 and proposed a conversion of 13 fields to natural grass. But the league determined the high number of early injuries were more likely due to player conditioning and lack of preseason. 
 

In September, 2019 we went to the Baylor opener against UTSA during a heat wave (also known as every day in Texas in summer) and the Waco police tweeted a public warning and showed the live temperature on the turf field. At its peak it reached over 160F on the visitor side. 

From the Waco Tribune story: “Baylor coach Matt Rhule said, “I’ve never played in a game that hot in my life.” Quarterback Charlie Brewer actually left the game because his feet felt hot.”

Fun fact about McLane Stadium, it is oriented and built so during day games the sun is directed to the visitors benches. Some teams even got fined by NCAA for setting up folding shade tents over their benches. But it is one of the most beautiful college stadiums to see a game. 
image.jpeg.70e8adc3fc372e385377df6f48143d12.jpeg

Sure is I drive pass it on my commute to work

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Sure is I drive pass it on my commute to work

Oof, bet you’re sick of that construction. 
When they tour kids the last stop is the stadium and they run the kids through the tunnel onto the turf. And when they get accepted the announcement has a photo of them from the playback screen. That school really emphasizes sports to their student body. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Oof, bet you’re sick of that construction. 
When they tour kids the last stop is the stadium and they run the kids through the tunnel onto the turf. And when they get accepted the announcement has a photo of them from the playback screen. That school really emphasizes sports to their student body. 

Oh yeah it's horrible 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mcwheesus said:

I think the field we use (FieldTurf CORE) at the Mercedes-Benz stadium was put in just about 2 years ago after the previous one was in for a couple years.  Do yall think it's due to be replaced again in the next few years?  It looks good on TV imo.  I dont know how fast they get worn though.

Wait, what did yall think this post was gonna be about?  Made you look.

You got me. :rant:

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jesus said:

I think field turf lasts 10 years but I might be wrong. Since most grass fields in the NFL are pretty shoddy maybe the league should have better rules on maintenance. I watched the Bears ground crew dump sand into the divots before a game.

Well, if I could walk on water I wouldn't worry too much about a little sand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...