Justin Fields auditioning for the Falcons and more NFL teams

22 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Ok.... what don’t you like about him be specific. Pretty sure you didn’t like Fields before last night and we all know you don’t like Lawernce. Give me something you can hang your hat on besides I don’t like him. We all have opinions and who knows who’s right or wrong until it plays out. 
Which boxes does Wilson not check...please share. I’m not going to forget this. Are you 100% sure Wilson will fail in the NFL? I say he’ll be a franchise QB  for many years to come if healthy. Fields passed the test last night. And while you’re at be specific about why you don’t like Lawernce? You could be eating a lot of crow in 2-3 yrs. Talk to me bro....

I enjoyed watching Fields last night. It was a lot of fun, no matter what team I'm going to take a look. Now, as for Wilson. I'm not going to sit here and think about him at all. I already did a write up 2-3 weeks ago so let me sum it up. He looks average with athleticism and an arm. That's all. I dont write multiple dissertations about guys I dont like.

16 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I enjoyed watching Fields last night. It was a lot of fun, no matter what team I'm going to take a look. Now, as for Wilson. I'm not going to sit here and think about him at all. I already did a write up 2-3 weeks ago so let me sum it up. He looks average with athleticism and an arm. That's all. I dont write multiple dissertations about guys I dont like.

So how do you compare his arm and athleticism to MR? Where can I find this dissertation on Wilson. Heck tell me..I’ll go find it....not that yours is any better than others. I just want you to be right and I don’t believe it.

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

So how do you compare his arm and athleticism to MR? Where can I find this dissertation on Wilson. Heck tell me..I’ll go find it....not that yours is any better than others. I just want you to be right and I don’t believe it.

Right? Who says I even want to be right. I like being proven wrong by players in a good way. And I don't remember which thread it was and I'm not personally going to fish for it. 

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Right? Who says I even want to be right. I like being proven wrong by players in a good way. And I don't remember which thread it was and I'm not personally going to fish for it. 

Okay...fair enough but be prepared to be wrong. I’m betting Lawerence will be top ten in 3-4+years and Wilson will be a franchise QB that has a ton of success. We can respectfully disagree but you make no sense saying both are being over hyped and won’t live up to the billing. So far I’ve seen nothing you said to change my mind. 

16 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Okay...fair enough but be prepared to be wrong. I’m betting Lawerence will be top ten in 3-4+years and Wilson will be a franchise QB that has a ton of success. We can respectfully disagree but you make no sense saying both are being over hyped and won’t live up to the billing. So far I’ve seen nothing you said to change my mind. 

That's just it, I'm not trying to change minds. No offense, I'm also not seeking validation. Just chatting and giving a small personal opinion. No bigger or less than yours. Not saying you, but one thing I absolutely hate about our fanbase is the need to be right, wrong, validated, or whatever. We all want a SB. You think Wilson is the answer and I think defense is. I dont see the problem. There are things I dont like about Wilson, but it's not my call. He may do ok, I'm just not a fan and likely will never be. Same as Ryan. 

1 hour ago, isproab said:

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong... What valid credentials does this scouting report have? Is it by Kyle Crabbs? What NFL team did he or does he work for? 

We all have eyes and can see. I judge the body of work. Fields has been really good. He has played good competition too. 

Why the up swing for Wilson and guys like Wentz and Allen in the past with small track records and low competition? Fields is playing for one of the top 5 programs in the nation for the last couple of years and his negatives are more magnified? In recent years, a lot of guys that have not been the traditional NFL QB have gone on to success. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/meet-the-team

BTW: they call Fields a possible franchise changing QB

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Brah. Stop TRYING to find something that is not there. Fields went through his progressions the entire game. Heck, even the announcers were pointing it out. The ugly part about this is the fact that Fields had a 78 % completion percentage. That means that if he did throw to first reads, THE GUY WAS OPEN...:lol:  What he suppose to do? Not throw to a open first read receiver to prove that he can go through progressions?

Some of the cap some of yall say to try and make him appear to be not up to snuff.  I been defending Justin Fields for two years now because he is a great quarterback. Heck, he could go number 1 in this draft.

Ryan is gone, sooner or later.  Get over that dude...

All I can see here is irrational and emotional...lol

I love Fields and have said so repeatedly.  He also isn’t an upgrade over Ryan until at least 2023.  No QB in this class is.  I’d still be open to drafting a QB though

19 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

One thing about it...Justin Fields is on the big stage with his very talented team. Let’s see what he’s got. I’m pulling for him

A great Black preacher named  Dr. Rubin Fields.. He preached a message called, "They had hope !"  He made this Quote in one of his most shared messages that was a great Quote,,  he said, .. ( "Denominations are like chickens on the yard,, You got white chickens , you got black Chickens, and you got Dominicker chickens ,, But when you get them out of the Dumplings, it's just Chicken..}  He was not only a great preacher,, he was a joy to listen to him preach.

I tell ya,, Fields may be the best in the whole class.. Who ever is best.. I'd like to see us go ahead and pick up a great QB this year to stand behind Ryan and learn for a year or till Ryan is ready to retire... and as a back up until Ryan decides to called it a career. I'll just put it like this,, I'd like to have which ever one is best. Plus not until Ryan is done..

But my reasoning is this,, I know how Ryan has been an iron man.. He is one of the most amazing QBs when it comes to being hurt or out for an issue.. physically. I've never seen any QB like him in that issue.. But it would be IMO a pretty smart move to pick up a great Backup while we can.. Simply because we will 1. have a top pick, 2. there are a lot of really good QBs this coming Draft, and 3.  We could take a QB like Fields and stick him in the be a change of pace QB. I do however think we should not trade up simply because of the price being to much.. I'd rather have the picks.. WE need them. 

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I love Fields and have said so repeatedly.  He also isn’t an upgrade over Ryan until at least 2023.  No QB in this class is.  I’d still be open to drafting a QB though

And you know this based off what exactly? You act like Ryan is lighting the league on fire right now. 

Not sure why the automatic assumption for some of you is that because a guy is a rookie he can’t be better than Ryan. 

Parsons won’t be better than Deion or Foye until atleast 2023.

Sewell won’t be better than Jake until at least 2023.

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

3 hours ago, GhostofZone#7 said:

It said he played With Titans from 2015-2019, but he just got on with Las Vegas this year in March 25th 2020 so it sounds like he skipped a year before coming back to LV. 

Like I said found that on the Wiki about him. 

He stared against us last year. You don’t remember that game? And I wasn’t trying to be an a hole or anything. 

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You see facts you can't dispute so you chose not to address them and tried to then deflect. YOU are the one that is emotional about Ryan. YOU probably done started over a 1,000 threads about Ryan.

19 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Yeah the game he played against FSU was crazy. Like you said he carried VT. 

Exactly. No QB could have made that a game or carried VT that far. It’s not a knock on other QB’s. It just shows how special Vick was. NFL veterans marveled at his abilities. He was a generational talent. I wish he could have come to the NFL when the spread offense was more common.

As a FYI, I love Justin Fields. I defended him after his last game against Northwestern. I think he is a game changer. My only concern with him is durability. Durability is an underrated aspect for QB’s. You need guys who can make it through an entire season. He took a monster hit and came back which I give him kudos  for. I still worry if he can stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

As a FYI, I love Justin Fields. I defended him after his last game against Northwestern. I think he is a game changer. My only concern with him is durability. Durability is an underrated aspect for QB’s. You need guys who can make it through an entire season. He took a monster hit and came back which I give him kudos  for. I still worry if he can stay healthy.

Fair, but he has played through any injury he gets. He’s a tough kid.

1 hour ago, youngbloodz said:

He stared against us last year. You don’t remember that game? And I wasn’t trying to be an a hole or anything. 

Oh I know no harm intended from my post I guess that means Wikipedia is wrong at least how they got his years on there. When I saw 2015-2019 and then 2020-present that looks like he skipped a season.

Regardless though for the other guy my point still stands in regards to Zach Wilson being a Mormon. I've always hated that angle some people like Aaron Hernandez I understand, but how many have that type of background even I don't know.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

And you know this based off what exactly? You act like Ryan is lighting the league on fire right now. 

Not sure why the automatic assumption for some of you is that because a guy is a rookie he can’t be better than Ryan. 

Parsons won’t be better than Deion or Foye until atleast 2023.

Sewell won’t be better than Jake until at least 2023.

Let’s just say it’s an educated guess.  Ryan is smarter, more accurate, reads defenses better, manipulates defenses better, has way more experience and is still a top 10 QB despite the worst OC in football

Honestly, we’d be winless this year in all likelihood if you replaced Ryan with Lawrence/Fields/Wilson etc

On 1/1/2021 at 11:38 PM, caponine said:

Do you feel like Minshew got a bad hand this year?? I watched him some last year and thought this kid could be something the jags haven't had in awhile 

Not really i watched alot of his games like i watch alot of Falcons games.  He just isn't that impressive to me nor most other Jag fans when we watch him.  We feel he could be an Andy Dalton type of QB who is a avg at best starter or upper tier backup QB.   Very few if any see him as a QB that would ever have a chance of being a top 3 to 5 franchise changing QB at this lvl.    But even then you don't turn down a QB prospect that is considered a generational talent like Luck was coming out at the very minimum you take that guy and make minshew beat him out or him beta out minshew.   The only time you don't take that QB is if you have a Brady, Rodgers, Mahommes  etc... guys who are proven top 5 elite players and have won mvp's at that point you know you got a elite player and don't need too. 

On 1/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, tl;dr said:

Ohio State has such a talent advantage over every other team so they should be 20-1 lol. The talent gap between Ohio State and every other Big 10 is huge. So yeah... don’t act like it’s some big revelation that Ohio State was 20-1 against trash competition with Fields. 

And even then, why don’t we give Fields the Ryan treatment on the Clemson game last year? Went up big, then did nothing for the rest of the game. When Ryan does that, he gets crucified. And when Ryan’s WRs mess up, it’s still his fault. Even despite that last play last year, he still wasn’t that good in the game. 

Not to turn this into a Ryan thread because he has his issues and I’m fine moving on from him, but it’s just funny how Fields is getting the same passes for prior years that people refuse to give Ryan lol. 

It’s always been a double standard when it comes to Ryan for a lot of fans.

17 hours ago, octoslash said:

I cant wait for the hysteria on this board during the title game.

This place was like a  bus full of drunken chimps all taking turns behind the wheel last night.  Very entertaining lol.

Lol... I have a feeling Bama is going to curb some of that enthusiasm for Fields.  Btw, not a Bama fan