Justin Fields auditioning for the Falcons and more NFL teams

Atl Falcon

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Seems to me people are ignoring them because like you’ve shown when those games are brought up feelings get hurt.

Not at all but those games seems to be the only thing you are stuck. You acting as if he couldn’t get better after those games, but ha its your world; I am just in it

40 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

All Fields big plays from yesterday were first read throws.  That’s still an unknown with Fields.  Can he move through his progressions quickly.

The Meyer system has never done any QB any favors when it comes to NFL preparation.  

The bolded is just flat out not true.

9 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'll argue that he does have a good LT (Becton has been impressive) but outside of that? Yeah, bottom 3 in the NFL at skill positions. Where I said the Jags would be smart to take Sewell, the Jets would be smart to leverage their pick in a trade down or take either Parsons or Devonta Smith.

But the Jags are (imho) 100% taking Lawrence. And the Jets have made a lot of bad decisions - who knows what they do with a new coach this next year. 

That’s why we gotta trade up if we end at #4 I’m sure the Jets will move back to 4 take Wilson if they really want a QB and collect the extra picks 

18 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The nice thing is, even if we don’t get Fields because the jets decide to take him, it’s not the end of the world. The falcons have lots of options of getting the team in better shape. They have to hit on the coach. That’s more important than any other decision 

Chances are we don't get Fields. By my expert calculations, we need all the following to happen: 

1. Lose to TB: ~66% chance. We are always competitive and find a way to lose -- is this the one we win? Seems about right.

2. Jet's don't draft fields - ~25% chance. Stab in the dark, but hard to see them passing, especially if Fields plays well in the NC.

3. Falcons FO decide to draft a QB: 33% chance. With Ryan's contract and a top 5 draft pick, are you really going to draft someone that maybe makes your team better in 2-3 years, especially with other glaring needs?

So roughly 1/20 chance it happens -- if my math is correct, and it probably isn't.

Edited by PuppyMonster

3 hours ago, blknoble357 said:

Didnt Green Bay do the samething with Aaron Rogers regardless of where he was picked, they still had Favre on the roster. More excuses😂🤣😅

so you ask me if GB did the same thing while admitting it wasn’t the same scenario. I get it you love Fields, and nobody else’s opinions, thoughts or questions hold merit. It’s obvious by your snarky replies and laugh emojis anytime anyone says anything different. 

the funny thing is I didn’t even say not to draft the QB, but that history says when one is drafted that high they usually take over their rookie year, so we should trade Ryan to benefit him and the rookie. But you have such tunnel vision trying to twist peoples words to make them look bad that it went right over your head. Eagerly waiting your next irrelevant reply.

13 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The nice thing is, even if we don’t get Fields because the jets decide to take him, it’s not the end of the world. The falcons have lots of options of getting the team in better shape. They have to hit on the coach. That’s more important than any other decision 

I really like Fields and still would be happier with a small trade down or Parsons. Just been saying that a game like he had last night, with the grit and poise he showed - that makes me feel better if the team decided to take him at 4.

10 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

I don’t think their supporting cast is that great either, but if you’re thinking of taking Sewell at #2 instead of Fields at #2, you still need to address the rest of the supporting cast either way. Their OL has been solid for them this year. 

I don't think they should take Sewell at 2. I think they should leverage that pick for a heap of picks to whoever wants to trade up for Fields or take Devonta Smith or Micah Parsons if no one bites

Wilson is my favorite of the bunch for the pros and could really benefit from sitting behind Ryan for a year or 2.

Mac Jones arm strength doesn't look like its quite there for pros and benefits from being surrounded by one of the greatest supporting casts ever (I want everyone that's on that offense.) I'd take him in the late 2nd - 3rd.

Fields doesn't really impress me as a top 5 pick (trying to translate his skills to the next level he's not overly fast and not overly accurate, I will admit to bias because he left UGA.) He showed a lot of heart, grit and toughness against Clemson has his stock at an all time high. I like him more for pros than Jones but I don't like him as a top 10 pick but would be down in the 15+ range.

Lawrence seems to be the #1 lock.

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

Of course I am a random poster. I’m not some savant lol. All I’m saying is that every Jets game I’ve seen, Darnold has looked unremarkable, and every Jets fan I’ve talked to wants to start fresh with a new QB and HC. There are many times where the fans know who could be best for their team. Like many of here wanted TJ Watt over Takk. There are also instances where we are wrong. Like when a lot of us (myself included) wanted Beasley. I am hoping they take Sewell, but I just don’t see it with how Fields played last night. 

Who knows what will happen. I want Fields to come home to Atlanta and lead us. Hopefully that happens 

19 minutes ago, blknoble357 said:

Not at all but those games seems to be the only thing you are stuck. You acting as if he couldn’t get better after those games, but ha its your world; I am just in it

I already said he had a great game yesterday. Just don’t think it’s the new standard with him. Again gotta look at every game.

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I don't think they should take Sewell at 2. I think they should leverage that pick for a heap of picks to whoever wants to trade up for Fields or take Devonta Smith or Micah Parsons if no one bites

That would be really wise of them to do IMO. Depending on the GM they may get a lot of pressure to get a new face of the franchise though. They have two first rounders this year and two first rounders next year, so maybe they decide to stay put. How much would you offer to trade up for Fields?

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I really like Fields and still would be happier with a small trade down or Parsons. Just been saying that a game like he had last night, with the grit and poise he showed - that makes me feel better if the team decided to take him at 4.

In the same boat. If the new management and coach want him and want to trade Ryan, I’d support it. 

17 minutes ago, PuppyMonster said:

Chances are we don't get Fields. By my expert calculations, we need all the following to happen: 

1. Lose to TB: ~66% chance. We are always competitive and find a way to lose -- is this the one we win? Seems about right.

2. Jet's don't draft fields - ~25% chance. Stab in the dark, but hard to see them passing, especially if Fields plays well in the NC.

3. Falcons FO decide to draft a QB: 33% chance. With Ryan's contract and a top 5 draft pick, are you really going to draft someone that maybe makes your team better in 2-3 years, especially with other glaring needs?

So roughly 1/20 chance it happens -- if my math is correct, and it probably isn't.

Well, how much time does MR have left? 2-3 years or more? Was this year just a fluke year?

It's hard to tell, but we won't likely pick 4th again for a dozen years or so. The opportunity is there. The new FO will have a plan beyond the next 2-3 years. It is possible to grab a QB later, and be successful. Is it as likely? Probably not.

It will be interesting to see the plan on draft day.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

All Fields big plays from yesterday were first read throws.  That’s still an unknown with Fields.  Can he move through his progressions quickly.

The Meyer system has never done any QB any favors when it comes to NFL preparation.  

Come on man, even in the highlights I saw Fields go through all his reads and even check down to the RB when nothing was open down field. That's why the Clemson defense was all out of sorts. They had no answer for Fields because outside of the end zone interception, he was making great reads and throws from the pocket and on the run.

He'll still need time to adjust, and Ryan would be the perfect QB to learn from for a year or two.

But Fields impressed me. He was throwing bombs on the money, in stride. That throw to the TE for his first or second TD was a great play. Put it right on his body.

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Take Smith over Chase? That would be interesting 

14 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

That would be really wise of them to do IMO. Depending on the GM they may get a lot of pressure to get a new face of the franchise though. They have two first rounders this year and two first rounders next year, so maybe they decide to stay put. How much would you offer to trade up for Fields?

If I'm the Falcons and I'm being totally honest? I wouldn't, lol. I think Fields is a top 5 pick worthy QB, and the only one in this draft (flame suit on) but the Falcons aren't in a spot where Fields would push them over the edge or anything. 

Now, if I'm a team like Carolina or Denver at the back of the top 10? I'd offer the 1st this and next year, 2nd this year, 4th next year...that might be enough, and they've got both a lot of pieces and some good cap space to help him out. 

15 minutes ago, KamiKazee27 said:

Wilson is my favorite of the bunch for the pros and could really benefit from sitting behind Ryan for a year or 2.

Mac Jones arm strength doesn't look like its quite there for pros and benefits from being surrounded by one of the greatest supporting casts ever (I want everyone that's on that offense.) I'd take him in the late 2nd - 3rd.

Fields doesn't really impress me as a top 5 pick (trying to translate his skills to the next level he's not overly fast and not overly accurate, I will admit to bias because he left UGA.) He showed a lot of heart, grit and toughness against Clemson has his stock at an all time high. I like him more for pros than Jones but I don't like him as a top 10 pick but would be down in the 15+ range.

Lawrence seems to be the #1 lock.

I disagree about Mac. He's slinging it downfield and rarely misses. Yes, a better supporting cast, which he'll have in the NFL (at least at the WR position). 

Wilson: I'm not sold on him yet. He looks good actually, but always looks like he's playing peewee ball against kids.

It's Mac or Fields for me or QBs in the 4th-5th round. We need to replace Schaub anyway and we could get lucky and land a future starter but the odds are a lot less outside a top pick.

21 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

so you ask me if GB did the same thing while admitting it wasn’t the same scenario. I get it you love Fields, and nobody else’s opinions, thoughts or questions hold merit. It’s obvious by your snarky replies and laugh emojis anytime anyone says anything different. 

the funny thing is I didn’t even say not to draft the QB, but that history says when one is drafted that high they usually take over their rookie year, so we should trade Ryan to benefit him and the rookie. But you have such tunnel vision trying to twist peoples words to make them look bad that it went right over your head. Eagerly waiting your next irrelevant reply.

Actually, it just amazes me that more tumnel vision than you clam me to be. Honestly, I dont care either where the Falcons goes with their pick but its very obvious to me that nothing has changed in the State of Ga. It could QB, CB, S doesnt matter

36 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You @JDaveGand @JD dirtybird21 are all spot on.  If we don't go QB, great.  They believe Ryan can get it done.  If they do, great, I feel better about those 3 prospects.