Justin Fields auditioning for the Falcons and more NFL teams

Atl Falcon

22 minutes ago, A-TowN.- said:

Dude point is people wanted to give Rosen a chance and not take Murray, that’s it. I’m not saying fans always know the right choice to make, but they have a better gauge on what their franchise needs more so than what some random posters on TATF are saying. If they see Flacco making better plays than Darnold with the same supporting cast, I’m sure they feel it’s time to move on, especially after 3 years of not showing any progress. 

I hope you’re including yourself in that “random posters on TATF” I don’t care because I’m not a Jets fan. Whatever decision they make will probably be the wrong one because they have been cursed ever since Belichick left them high and dry for New England🤷🏾‍♂️

6 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The sad truth is both Fields & Lawrence should post pics of themselves at a party, smoking Mary J without a mask on.  Then a team like SF, Denver or the Bears can draft them.  Not sure anyone can overcome being drafted by the current Jets or Jags.  

I would rather go to Jacksonville than the Jets at this moment. Least I have beautiful weather and no state income taxes while we getting our ish pushed in 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I would rather go to Jacksonville than the Jets at this moment. Least I have beautiful weather and no state income taxes while we getting our ish pushed in 

Kind of a lame city though. There's really not a more unimpressive city than Jacksonville. But ya, weather, state income tax, and golf do give it some points. 

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

They are targeting him and #4 looks like the spot.  Swap 1st round picks and give us your 2nd in 2021 and 1st in 2022 and you can have him

lol. The draft is going to be so fun this year. So many directions. I'm hoping for a coaching or GM announcement these next 2 weeks -- or both. Might be telling on which direction we go. 

12 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Actually I have to challenge you on this one. There are many franchises, most if anything, that don’t actually know how to win. And decisions are greatly influenced by marketing and money. For instance, if the Jets do draft Fields, it would likely be more because Fields would sell tickets and merchandise, and would generate overall excitement, more than it would be them giving up on Darnold 

I’d say that’s partially true. I think the Jets do have a genuine interest in getting better, but they also need to get fans excited to come to their games. Most franchises know this, but there is a reason fans aren’t excited about Darnold. He just simply looks horrible some games, and he has been relatively stagnant in his progression. This isn’t college Darnold we are talking about anymore, he’s near the end of his 3rd year and he’s hasn’t shaken some of those issues he had as a prospect. You can blame a lot of that on Gase and the supporting cast, but he has to take some as well. He’s made horrible throws in clean pockets. Most Jet fans would rather see Flacco which is telling. 

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That’s good obviously but we shouldn’t ignore the struggles 

All Fields big plays from yesterday were first read throws.  That’s still an unknown with Fields.  Can he move through his progressions quickly.

The Meyer system has never done any QB any favors when it comes to NFL preparation.  

21 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I hope you’re including yourself in that “random posters on TATF” I don’t care because I’m not a Jets fan. Whatever decision they make will probably be the wrong one because they have been cursed ever since Belichick left them high and dry for New England🤷🏾‍♂️

Of course I am a random poster. I’m not some savant lol. All I’m saying is that every Jets game I’ve seen, Darnold has looked unremarkable, and every Jets fan I’ve talked to wants to start fresh with a new QB and HC. There are many times where the fans know who could be best for their team. Like many of here wanted TJ Watt over Takk. There are also instances where we are wrong. Like when a lot of us (myself included) wanted Beasley. I am hoping they take Sewell, but I just don’t see it with how Fields played last night. 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

So the games he struggled don’t matter? Just this one game is all we should look at?

Dude you are trying hard. Just say you dont like the kid. I will tell everyone right now that I dont like Zach Wilson period. I am cool with the Flacons not drafting Fields if they believe the plan they have in is the best.  

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

And despite losing, I learned something about Lawrence: he is a tough MF’er who competes.  Dude was beaten and battered and still put up 400 yards without his OC

Without an OC, defense, offensive line, and running game. Their play calling and gameplan was horrendous. Looked like a Falcons team out there. 

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

All Fields big plays from yesterday were first read throws.  That’s still an unknown with Fields.  Can he move through his progressions quickly.

The Meyer system has never done any QB any favors when it comes to NFL preparation.  

You cant be serious, were you even watching hucking game. They showed his progression after each TD. Please stop