• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s appropriate to interview him. He has worked hard enough to earn the interview.     But the only question he needs to be asked, “what would you do differently?”  And the only answer is “I w

No GM but start interviewing coaches, idiots. Da#m circus. Recipe for disaster.

I bet if there looking at Morris seriously they’ve already got the GM selected and it’s been run by him.No chance a new GM is getting a new coach forced on him without any discussion before hand.

9 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

Interview Raheem

Interviews actual candidates 

The timing is too odd for it not to be a class move to interview a "friend". They could easily have named him head coach once Quinn was sent packing.

Raheem is plan C.  Should their top choices decide not to come here, Raheem is in the wings. As a head coaching candidate he checks every box, not a "sexy" move by any stretch, but a safe, predictable Falcons move.

i'm pretty much on the same page...however i do think he could sell himself with the naming of a new OC...dont know who it could be tho...

On 1/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, falcon app said:

How so? The positions can be hired in reverse. In fact, many of the top HC candidates these days come with their own recommendations for GM. Kevin Stefanski  did it last year with Andrew Berry and this year Saleh is apparently recommending Dodds and Daboll has Schoen the Bills assistant GM.

Last year, Dodds turned down an interview with the Browns apparently after  it became clear Saleh was not getting the job.

On 1/1/2021 at 2:24 PM, PointSwayzee said:

Are you baiting me? I don't really want to reply if you are being sarcastic.

I will add Shanny to the list of Hc who picked their GM. This is not 1990, where GM picks a coach. I want a great HC and a GM who can build the team HC needs. Couldn’t care less on who hires who. 

2 hours ago, sanfranfalcon said:

i'm pretty much on the same page...however i do think he could sell himself with the naming of a new OC...dont know who it could be tho...

I still get the nagging feeling that Rick Smith and Raheem Morris are your new GM and HC.  Blank apparently loves both of them.  The billionaire tends to get what he wants.

2 minutes ago, Herr Doktor said:

I still get the nagging feeling that Rick Smith and Raheem Morris are your new GM and HC.  Blank apparently loves both of them.  The billionaire tends to get what he wants.

Hire both of them and the right offensive coordinator,  draft a new quarterback to develop behind Ryan, and you would have something with the Falcons.

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Hire the right offensive coordinator,  draft a new quarterback to develop behind Ryan, and you would have something with the Falcons.

I'm actually down with them.  One, Raheem knows the players.  Two, he knows our issues.  And Rick Smith sounds like a GM who is not scared to call a spade a spade when he screws up.  His handling of Osweiller, from the signing to the offloading of him was impressive to me.

20 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Hire both of them and the right offensive coordinator,  draft a new quarterback to develop behind Ryan, and you would have something with the Falcons.

man Falcons need help on DLine soooo bad i hate to see a QB taken...tho i know if someone like Fields is there u gotta do it. QB is just not the most glaring need...

1 hour ago, sanfranfalcon said:

man Falcons need help on DLine soooo bad i hate to see a QB taken...tho i know if someone like Fields is there u gotta do it. QB is just not the most glaring need...

The schemes that Morris runs do not require a great defensive end. He gets pressure from blitzes and the coverage.

35 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

The schemes that Morris runs do not require a great defensive end. He gets pressure from blitzes and the coverage.

well thats because he has NO great defensive end!! Morris ran Tampa2 with the Bucs correct? did he scheme blitzes like he is now? serious question as i didnt follow that team...i would bet he didnt because he had a better defensive line back then...with better DEs...

Edited by sanfranfalcon
1 hour ago, sanfranfalcon said:

well thats because he has NO great defensive end!! Morris ran Tampa2 with the Bucs correct? did he scheme blitzes like he is now? serious question as i didnt follow that team...i would bet he didnt because he had a better defensive line back then...with better DEs...

Morris has been getting pressure this season.

31 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Morris has been getting pressure this season.

well like i said he has to run schemes that require 5 or more players to get pressure...due to lack of an effective Dline...which is where i think we need help the most not QB (specifically DE help) . but like i also said i understand if Fields is there when we pick u gotta go get him...

On 1/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, SavedByGrace1221 said:

If he is the best man for the job , we will be having this same conversation 2 years from now ... And that really depresses me dude...

Me too, sadly. I don't see any good coaches out there right now and I'm sad about it.

I need someplace to out this, so this is as good as any. 

Raheem absolutely won’t be the head coach of this team going forward. Quinn made sure anyone associated with him is carrying his stain. 

Having said that, I do have to thank him for somewhat righting the ship after coach bro wrecked yet another season. Yeah, we were losing late games, but the team was much more competent with him in charge. 

Best of luck to him in the future.