2021 In Memoriam Thread

Arlene Golonka Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Arlene Golonka - American actress best known for playing bubbly, eccentric blondes in supporting roles in TV, film, and stage.  She is best remembered for her role as Millie Swanson on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW and the follow-up series MAYBERRY RFD.

1 hour ago, The Kingfish said:

Arlene Golonka Net Worth | Celebrity Net Worth

Arlene Golonka - American actress best known for playing bubbly, eccentric blondes in supporting roles in TV, film, and stage.  She is best remembered for her role as Millie Swanson on THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW and the follow-up series MAYBERRY RFD.

Yep, I remember her as Millie. Howard Sprague's girlfriend. 

RIP Arlene

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Yep, I remember her as Millie. Howard Sprague's girlfriend. 

RIP Arlene

She became Sam Jones' on again/off again girlfriend on Mayberry RFD, although she was still very friendly with Howard.

Whenever people debate the worst sitcoms of all time,  Mayberry RFD frequently gets mentioned.  I never understood why since many of the supporting characters from TAGS transitioned over to RFD.  And Andy made an occasional appearance in the 1st season.

On 6/7/2021 at 7:25 AM, WhenFalconsWin said:

I remember watching that show and thinking Clarence was a cool dude and Peggy Lipton which led to Rashida Jones. 

RIP Clarence

Clarence and Peggy both died from colon cancer, and so did the show's director, Gene Nelson.  Weird.