I expect Matt Ryan and Julio Jones to both have a big year for the Falcons in 2021.

6 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They are both going to have a huge chip on their shoulder and want to prove that they can still play at a high level. They also should have a more creative offensive coaching staff.

These are both professional athletes.  You think they need motivation at this stage of their careers?  If they don't have it by now, they never will.  Besides they were both a member of a 4-12 football team in all likelihood.  Where would the motivation bring them to next year? 12-4?  This team has many more issues that need addressing other than Matt's and Julio's motivation... 

59 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

These are both professional athletes.  You think they need motivation at this stage of their careers?  If they don't have it by now, they never will.  Besides they were both a member of a 4-12 football team in all likelihood.  Where would the motivation bring them to next year? 12-4?  This team has many more issues that need addressing other than Matt's and Julio's motivation... 

Here we go again, Matt didn't have a big enough chip after last year or the year before?

2 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Seriously?  Julio still has some trade value if we act fast. 
But Matt Ryan?  That dude had ice in his veins 4 years ago. Read between the lines. 
BmRaItAtN HrOyYaEnR

my head hurts

8 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Seriously?  Julio still has some trade value if we act fast. 
But Matt Ryan?  That dude had ice in his veins 4 years ago. Read between the lines. 
BmRaItAtN HrOyYaEnR

Signing guys like Dante Fowler, Takk McKinley, Jamon Brown and Todd Gurley and giving devonte Freeman a big contract has a lot more to do with the Falcons struggles than Matt and Julio's big contract.

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

They are both going to have a huge chip on their shoulder and want to prove that they can still play at a high level. They also should have a more creative offensive coaching staff.

been saying this! 1 more year! 1 more year!

Financials and logistics are two variables that are hard to account for when trying to find trading partners.  It's not as easy as "team X is a WR away, let's trade Julio to them". They have to want the player.  That's the hardest part.

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I'm hoping 2020 is a fluke like 2013 was. Julio usually plays 14 games a year.

True but he still seems to be missing on some key plays for a couple years because of a nagging injury. I just think it's catching up to him now.

Yeah...lets run it back with this same crappy team and hope we can max out with a 9-7 season. That is the ceiling with the Atlanta Falcons over the next 2 years if everything goes right. Nothing, will excite the fanbase like another 2 meaningless seasons and then draft a QB. 

But lets keep dragging 1-off rebuilding scenario's (including our 08' team) that were successful as the basis of our "faith". Good plan.

50 minutes ago, PointSwayzee said:

Yeah...lets run it back with this same crappy team and hope we can max out with a 9-7 season. That is the ceiling with the Atlanta Falcons over the next 2 years if everything goes right. Nothing, will excite the fanbase like another 2 meaningless seasons and then draft a QB. 

But lets keep dragging 1-off rebuilding scenario's (including our 08' team) that were successful as the basis of our "faith". Good plan.

They should be 10-5 this season with a good coaching staff.

Both Matt and Julio give there all every game, always have. Age is any enemy that none of us will defeat, as we get older the hurts we have hurt more and last longer. Their time playing for Falcons or whoever is soon coming to am end.

I want to win every game but I want these two great Falcons to be treated with the respect they deserve. Disappointed you ? , I think they have given their best. Just my take on what has been and what will be.