Peach Bowl: #9 Georgia vs #8 Cincinnati

I actually think this should be a very good game. It somewhat shapes up as a mini preview for next season with many of the Dawgs top draft eligible players opting out. Some players who figure to be impact players next year will not be playing, but we should have some key guys stepping up and giving us an idea of what that team will look like.

Cincinnati is a good team and they will be motivated to prove they belong on the NY6/CFP stage by knocking off a perennial contender. We will need offense, defense, special teams to all be focused in and playing at peak form to make a statement here.

If this game has to be delayed then it will be delayed. It will not be canceled. Right now we are looking at a Friday (January 1st) noon kickoff on ESPN. UGA is currently listed as a 7 point favorite.

Go Dawgs!

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or does this head ref look and sound kinda like Gus Malzahn 🤔 

So, for the crowd that's saying, Cincinnati is just good. Give me a break. We're trying our best to give this game away. They're good in the AAC. We're just playing like 💩 on offense.

same play call after same play call.. 1st down runs are not working.. now it's 3rd and long.. just pathetic on monken and kirby.. 

Posted Images

I was just wondering if someone was going to start this thread and when.  Quick question:  I've seen several articles comparing the two teams statistically.  Isn't this comparing apples and oranges since the level of competition is different?  I'm sure if Cincinnati had to play Alabama and Florida then their defense stats would be very different.

9 hours ago, The Great American said:

I was just wondering if someone was going to start this thread and when.  Quick question:  I've seen several articles comparing the two teams statistically.  Isn't this comparing apples and oranges since the level of competition is different?  I'm sure if Cincinnati had to play Alabama and Florida then their defense stats would be very different.

Well yeah but it can still be useful in comparing what the teams have been good at doing. I haven’t read any of the articles about this matchup so I don’t know how those comparisons are being made. Cincy is a pretty good team though, I honestly expect a good game here. We might pull away in the 2nd half but I can see it being interesting at halftime. 

UGA has to stop the run. Cincy likes to ground and pound. That will be tough against UGA if they come out ready. Theyll also have to spy the QB. Cincy only put up 2,100 yards passing as a team all year compared to over 2,000 rushing. The QB had 600 of those yards on the ground. That is similar to UGA's output but UGA was doing against much different competition. If Cincy can't run the ball on UGA then its going to be a long night for the Bearcats. Cincy's best trait defensively is their pass defense so they might give UGA some trouble there, they allowed less than 200 yards per game in the air. Teams have run on them. Tulsa put up 160 yards at nearly 5 yards a carry in the title game. ECU put up 206 rushing on them.

8 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

UGA has to stop the run. Cincy likes to ground and pound. That will be tough against UGA if they come out ready. Theyll also have to spy the QB. Cincy only put up 2,100 yards passing as a team all year compared to over 2,000 rushing. The QB had 600 of those yards on the ground. That is similar to UGA's output but UGA was doing against much different competition. If Cincy can't run the ball on UGA then its going to be a long night for the Bearcats. Cincy's best trait defensively is their pass defense so they might give UGA some trouble there, they allowed less than 200 yards per game in the air. Teams have run on them. Tulsa put up 160 yards at nearly 5 yards a carry in the title game. ECU put up 206 rushing on them.

UGA's gameplan is going to be to pound them with the run. Wouldn't be surprised to see over 70% run/pass ratio. With Jordan Davis and Herring playing our run defense should hold up well enough. I expect a pretty comfortable blowout. 

6 hours ago, RandomFan said:

UGA's gameplan is going to be to pound them with the run. Wouldn't be surprised to see over 70% run/pass ratio. With Jordan Davis and Herring playing our run defense should hold up well enough. I expect a pretty comfortable blowout. 

Classic football. If they put 8 or 9 in the box, Daniels, Pickens, Burton and the rest will make them pay.