12/30 News and Notes - Say what you want about Raheem, he doesn't mince words...

athell

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

You know what, I know this will get me ******* at from the children in the room but Raheem is really, really growing on me. I know it probably won’t happen but if it does I wouldn’t be upset unless he retains Dirk

Think Dirks the only thing holding him back at the moment. If he could get his own OC, i'm interested to know who he might bring in.

11 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Morris expects Fowler to be back on track next year but really will have nothing to do with it.

One thing I really respect about Morris is he has embraced his role as head coach, and he is going to make them take it from him.  He did an interview yesterday where he talked about what "we" were going to do moving forward with this team.

I don't think he has inside information that he's got the job.  But he's not about to say a single word that implies he doesn't, because right now he does and he believes in himself and his vision.  Why speak as a defeatist?

I think this is of a piece with that mindset.

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

You know what, I know this will get me ******* at from the children in the room but Raheem is really, really growing on me. I know it probably won’t happen but if it does I wouldn’t be upset unless he retains Dirk

I love the dude.  I think we're probably moving on, but I want him to succeed wherever he goes.  And because I like him, I'd love for that to be here.  I just don't think it will be.

Just now, JDaveG said:

One thing I really respect about Morris is he has embraced his role as head coach, and he is going to make them take it from him.  He did an interview yesterday where he talked about what "we" were going to do moving forward with this team.

I don't think he has inside information that he's got the job.  But he's not about to say a single word that implies he doesn't, because right now he does and he believes in himself and his vision.  Why speak as a defeatist?

I think this is of a piece with that mindset.

True. As of right now he is still the coach for the foreseeable future and he won't say other wise until they take it from him. 

Also this guy is still running with the Quinn season game plan. Maybe he has different ideas of how the team should be run but needs an offseason to implement those ideas. I am sure there are people on the staff he would want to flush out.

Just now, Jesus said:

True. As of right now he is still the coach for the foreseeable future and he won't say other wise until they take it from him. 

Also this guy is still running with the Quinn season game plan. Maybe he has different ideas of how the team should be run but needs an offseason to implement those ideas. I am sure there are people on the staff he would want to flush out.

Man, if Zimmer got fired and Morris was able to get Kubiak here.........I'd be 1000% on board with keeping him. Him and Ulbrich have that defense humming, and a running game and some better defensive pieces would have this thing turned around short term.

Hiring Koetter probably cost him and Quinn and a bunch of other guys their jobs.

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Love it or hate it the defense has had a massive turnaround since he’s taken over. Offense is dirks side of the ball

Absolutely, and considering what he’s working with..

just some in game decisions are questionable.. for instance, the challenge last game.. 

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Man, if Zimmer got fired and Morris was able to get Kubiak here.........I'd be 1000% on board with keeping him. Him and Ulbrich have that defense humming, and a running game and some better defensive pieces would have this thing turned around short term.

Hiring Koetter probably cost him and Quinn and a bunch of other guys their jobs.

First off, Minny would be crazy to fire Zimmer, but they are the Vikings, soooo....

With the right offense this defense would look a lot different. They could go find a pass rusher somewhere.