Atlanta Trades up to the #1 Pick & Selects Trevor Lawrence

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacksonville already picks at #1, #29, #34, #66, and #93 in the first three rounds plus #104 and #113 in the fourth round this year. If they like Lawrence, they have legitimately zero incentive to dea

Why would the Jags do that? 

Hes mobile and walks on water. Hes immune to sacks 

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Can't miss prospects miss all the time. The odds of getting a franchise QB in the top 10 are better than the rest of the draft, but not by a whole lot.

David Carr got sacked 70 times as a rookie, Mayfield got sacked 48 times as a rookie. Bad teams can kill a QBs career in many different ways.

David Carr was never a can’t miss prospect like TL....but I hear what you’re saying 

3 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

David Carr was never a can’t miss prospect like TL....but I hear what you’re saying 

My main objection is to the trade up to get him. Odds of getting a franchise QB in the first round are about 50-50, a little better in the top 10, that's still much better than every other round. If you've got the first pick, sure go for it, but trading up is just a horrible idea.  

On 12/29/2020 at 4:51 PM, Boise Falcon Fan said:

My Madden Trade, and I can honestly see it happening. Small chance I know, but if I was GM this is the direction I would probably go. 37 year old MR, and a recently oft injured JJ, it's probably time to move on. 

New Falcon's GM Rick Smith, hires EB, and then promptly shocks the world by pulling off the Falcon's second "Michael Vick" trade. 

RS has looked over the Falcon's roster and determined that it makes more sense to burn it down, and rebuild. He jettison's MR & JJ, adding a 2 late 1sts this year, and a 2nd rounder next year.  

In order to get Lawrence, he sends the Jaguars the #4 pick, & the 2 late firsts. 

Jags = 3,000

Falcons #4 = 1,800

2 late 1sts = 1,200 +

Future will look bright, because Falcons take the cap hits in 2021, and they don't have to give up future draft capital to get TL. Guys like TL don't come along every year. Go get him TD...I mean RS! 

We’d need to give up 5k in trade value for them to even pick up the phone!!!   Trevor is a Jag if he’s healthy!

I think when you consider trades like this, how many ever really work out trading up with a bounty of picks? Our Julio trade is one of a very few that have actually showed one sided victory for the loss of massive picks. And rarely do you see both sides getting a positive return. 

RG3, Wentz, and even Mike Vick are a few where it’s very questionable about whether the bounty was worth the return. I’m sure there are others, but the amount we’d have to give up coinciding with all the holes we’ll have to fill with draft picks next year, seems irresponsible to give up for someone who isn’t a known entity in the pros yet, along with not being able to afford the weapons he’s going to need or capital to improve this defense for the next 4-5 years. 

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I think when you consider trades like this, how many ever really work out trading up with a bounty of picks? Our Julio trade is one of a very few that have actually showed one sided victory for the loss of massive picks. And rarely do you see both sides getting a positive return. 

RG3, Wentz, and even Mike Vick are a few where it’s very questionable about whether the bounty was worth the return. I’m sure there are others, but the amount we’d have to give up coinciding with all the holes we’ll have to fill with draft picks next year, seems irresponsible to give up for someone who isn’t a known entity in the pros yet, along with not being able to afford the weapons he’s going to need or capital to improve this defense for the next 4-5 years. 

Nailed it.

10 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I don't think Jacksonville even considers making a trade. And here's why

Drafting Lawrence is literally risk free. Even if he's a bust. Everyone will understand why you drafted him at the time. If you trade Lawrence, you have to ensure that the trade works out in your favor and it very well may not. What if Lawrence goes to another team and does exactly what he's expected to do and is a great NFL QB. You are hosed if you are Jacksonville.

I think the Jags draft Lawrence with zero hesitation. 

i think that about sums it up.

even if they could get 3 firsts and 3 seconds for the pick, the gm wouldn't be around long enough to see those picks come to fruition if he did it.

i'd be beyond shocked if tlaw isn't playing home games in london next year.

Literally the only way a JAX trade happens is if TLaw refuses to sign a contract there. Still there is little chance they just trade back, especially any further than 2, because they must take a QB.

Even then, they still make the Lawrence pick, and would then trade him for the QB they covet and a **** load of picks/players. It’s less risky than trading back to 4 and hoping you get your guy. Same as SD did when they drafted Eli.

now if he does refuse to play there and we can draft the a qB prospect they like and trade over that QB, a first and Jones...maybe it would fly, but the chances are about .00001 so I wouldn’t hold my breath lol.