Atlanta Trades up to the #1 Pick & Selects Trevor Lawrence

My Madden Trade, and I can honestly see it happening. Small chance I know, but if I was GM this is the direction I would probably go. 37 year old MR, and a recently oft injured JJ, it's probably time to move on. 

New Falcon's GM Rick Smith, hires EB, and then promptly shocks the world by pulling off the Falcon's second "Michael Vick" trade. 

RS has looked over the Falcon's roster and determined that it makes more sense to burn it down, and rebuild. He jettison's MR & JJ, adding a 2 late 1sts this year, and a 2nd rounder next year.  

In order to get Lawrence, he sends the Jaguars the #4 pick, & the 2 late firsts. 

Jags = 3,000

Falcons #4 = 1,800

2 late 1sts = 1,200 +

Future will look bright, because Falcons take the cap hits in 2021, and they don't have to give up future draft capital to get TL. Guys like TL don't come along every year. Go get him TD...I mean RS! 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jacksonville already picks at #1, #29, #34, #66, and #93 in the first three rounds plus #104 and #113 in the fourth round this year. If they like Lawrence, they have legitimately zero incentive to dea

Why would the Jags do that? 

Hes mobile and walks on water. Hes immune to sacks 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

My Madden Trade, and I can honestly see it happening. Small chance I know, but if I was GM this is the direction I would probably go. 37 year old MR, and a recently oft injured JJ, it's probably time to move on. 

New Falcon's GM Rick Smith, hires EB, and then promptly shocks the world by pulling off the Falcon's second "Michael Vick" trade. 

RS has looked over the Falcon's roster and determined that it makes more sense to burn it down, and rebuild. He jettison's MR & JJ, adding a 2 late 1sts this year, and a 2nd rounder next year.  

In order to get Lawrence, he sends the Jaguars the #4 pick, & the 2 late firsts. 

Jags = 3,000

Falcons #4 = 1,800

2 late 1sts = 1,200 +

Future will look bright, because Falcons take the cap hits in 2021, and they don't have to give up future draft capital to get TL. Guys like TL don't come along every year. Go get him TD...I mean RS! 

If they managed to pull this off; that means that the franchise would be recognizing that they would be sacrificing some wins in the short term. While it would be harder to build a roster because of the picks we lost, I don’t think it’s impossible. My biggest worry would be the salary cap.  

Jacksonville already picks at #1, #29, #34, #66, and #93 in the first three rounds plus #104 and #113 in the fourth round this year. If they like Lawrence, they have legitimately zero incentive to deal the pick.

So, presuming Jacksonville wants Lawrence, that discussion's over before it starts.

2 minutes ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Why would the Jags do that? 

Good question. Falcons may have to sweeten the pot a little, or maybe TL says he doesn't want to go to Jacksonville, because he doesn't want half of his home games in London, and he wants to be a Falcon. (From Georgia, played for Clemson, etc.)

Just now, jidady said:

Jacksonville already picks at #1, #29, #34, #66, and #93 in the first three rounds plus #104 and #113 in the fourth round this year. If they like Lawrence, they have legitimately zero incentive to deal the pick.

So, presuming Jacksonville wants Lawrence, that discussion's over before it starts.

That's true of every year with the #1 pick. 

Just now, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Good question. Falcons may have to sweeten the pot a little, or maybe TL says he doesn't want to go to Jacksonville, because he doesn't want half of his home games in London, and he wants to be a Falcon. (From Georgia, played for Clemson, etc.)

It would probably take:

2021 1st, 2nd, 3rd 

2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd

2023 1st, 2nd, 3rd

To get the Jags interested. Lawrence is as close to perfect for a QB prospect as you will get. Jags are not passing that up unless it's for something insane.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

And I'm reasonably sure they want Lawrence. Their new HC and GM would be slobbering all  over themselves to have Trevor to begin their regime.

Just now, PokerSteve said:

And I'm reasonably sure they want Lawrence. Their new HC and GM would be slobbering all  over themselves to have Trevor to begin their regime.

Yes the availability to get Lawrence is what makes them the most desired GM/HC landing spot at the moment. That's long term job security right there.

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

That's true of every year with the #1 pick. 

It's especially true this year with a generational talent available at QB and #1 going to a team that made 12 picks in 2020 and already has 10 picks for 2021, six of which come in the top 107 selections.

We've got nothing to offer Jacksonville that makes sense unless we toss in multiple future first round picks, probably at least three, which we won't do.

9 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Guys like TL don't come along every year. Go get him TD...I mean RS! 

Who are guys like TL? Ryan Leaf? Akili Smith? Heath Shuler? Jamarkus Russell? RG III? Jameis Winston? Matt Ryan? Payton Manning? Eli Manning? 

Point is...how do you know? For all we know, they may literally come along every year. 

3 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The Falcons will probably beat Tampa Bay because they will be playing their backups.

You're probably right. They lose the H2H tie breaker to both the Rams and Saints if either were to lose, so I don't think they can improve their seeding.

We're probably going to beat their backups and picking #4 isn't going to happen. 

1 minute ago, celtiksage said:

You're probably right. They lose the H2H tie breaker to both the Rams and Saints if either were to lose, so I don't think they can improve their seeding.

We're probably going to beat their backups and picking #4 isn't going to happen. 

Bucs have to win to face the division winner of the NFC East.

That's huge and gives them something serious to play for.

I’m confused. What capital do the Falcons have to make this trade sensible?  Let’s say Jags, do they need a hot, dual threat young quarterback with really sharp vision and a fearless footballer attitude?  
What/who would we give in trade?

Wouldn’t the Jags benefit more from Lawrence at a lower cost?  

25 minutes ago, falcndave said:

Who are guys like TL? Ryan Leaf? Akili Smith? Heath Shuler? Jamarkus Russell? RG III? Jameis Winston? Matt Ryan? Payton Manning? Eli Manning? 

Point is...how do you know? For all we know, they may literally come along every year. 

How does anyone ever know? GM's miss all of the time. Life is about risk, and if you feel someone is a game changing, franchise QB, you go get him.

11 minutes ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

This would be the dumbest thing a new GM could possibly do and lead to him promptly getting fired.

I wish we could fast forward in time past the draft just to not have to see 5 of these ridiculous posts every day.

I do believe op may not be aware of the fact we fired TD several weeks ago, and SURELY they won't hire a GM that's dumb enough to handicap the team for several years AGAIN with this type trade