Washington released Trashkins

Faithful Falcon

I hate to see such a talented kid basically phone it in on field and mess it all up off field. I get COVID changes a lot of things but when you flaunt team rules you let your teammates down and make your coaches look bad. It’s like he made the NFL and now he’s done trying. 
I hope he can straighten up and earn a second chance. Nobody learned from Manziel?

4 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

I hate to see such a talented kid basically phone it in on field and mess it all up off field. I get COVID changes a lot of things but when you flaunt team rules you let your teammates down and make your coaches look bad. It’s like he made the NFL and now he’s done trying. 
I hope he can straighten up and earn a second chance. Nobody learned from Manziel?

Or Jamarcus Russell, or Aundray Bruce, or a cast of hundreds....😢

I live in the DC area and tried to tell all my Washington fan friends he was likely to bust. I will say he got a terrible shake in Washington due to the coaching changes and lack of talent around him but Alex Smith was able to win with the same group of bums so that excuse kind of goes out the window.

He likely will need to go onto someones practice squad and learn for a year or two. Hopefully he matures and make a come back but I wouldn't bank on it.

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

Hey I’m not standing up for the guy. 
This is all on him. 

I’m saying it’s sad that he’s blown his chances. He has all the talent he needs. Just no motivation or discipline. Too bad. It’s a waste of talent. 

Got paid, went on easy street.  Acted like it was a God given right.  Happens to a lot of dumb kids.  

1 hour ago, celtiksage said:

I hope so, and I hope they lose this last game and don't take their division.

Don't want them to be out if trade range.

picture this we trade with Washington switching 1st and getting their 2nd and both 3rds 

1st(WAS) - Najee Harris RB

2nd(ATL) - Patrick Jones II DE

2nd(WAS) - Asanta Samuel Jr CB

3rd(ATL) - Jaylen Twyman DT

3rd(WAS) - Richard LeCounte S 

3rd(WAS) - Jamie Newman QB

4th(ATL) - Aidan Hutchinson DE (drops because of his hurt leg)

then with the rest get the best WR,CB,OL

7 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

picture this we trade with Washington switching 1st and getting their 2nd and both 3rds 

I'm all for more picks.  With our cap sit-chee-a-shun, rookie contracts are friendly.  

2 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Sounds great to me. I'll have to give Newman a look but I'm really partial to Mac Jones with that later 1st. But I wouldn't be mad at this and we probably would poach an early pick or 2 from them in 2022 also.

4 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

If Washington wins the NFC East, they are gonna have to pony up their 2022 1st round pick before the Falcons accept a trade.

7 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

"Such a talented kid" is being generous. The guy was not good.