3 questions about the top QB prospects in this draft not named Trevor Lawrence

marvinthemartian

I know there are others but to keep this simple I will limit it to these five. Not including Trevor Lawrence because he really isn’t a realistic option for us. 

The following three questions for each QB:

1. Would you consider drafting this QB under the right circumstances or would you simply not want this QB on the Falcons no matter where he would be drafted?

2. What pick or round would be the highest that you would feel comfortable using on this QB for the Falcons given our overall restrictions and the team circumstances as a whole? 

3. Ultimately, what team do you think ends up with this QB and does that possibility concern you as a Falcons fan?

The QBs in question are (in alphabetical order):

Justin Fields OSU

Mac Jones Alabama

Trey Lance NDSU

Kyle Trask Florida

Zack Wilson BYU

Discuss

Zach Wilson with our 1st pick. Time to turn the page. I care about winning a super bowl eventually. Not living out fan favorites twilight years. 

A lot of people around here are clamoring for Brian Daboll as head coach. Well, you better get someone athletic enough to run his offense. 

Time to make so tough decisions 

I'm glad it's not my choice.  In all honesty, whatever they do, they have got to NAIL our first three or four picks.  Instant contributors would be awesome.  We have a couple of young guys who aren't cutting it, but I hope they can be turned around.  Oliver, Sheff, Senat, Harlow, Ollison to name a few.  Maybe they can, maybe it's time to show them the door.

1 hour ago, RYNE said:

Zach Wilson with our 1st pick. Time to turn the page. I care about winning a super bowl eventually. Not living out fan favorites twilight years. 

A lot of people around here are clamoring for Brian Daboll as head coach. Well, you better get someone athletic enough to run his offense. 

Time to make so tough decisions 

What the heck has Zack Wilson ever won? 

35 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

If Justin Fields or Zach Wilson is available at our pick, they ARE best player available, and I'm okay with either. A franchise QB for the next 13 years is better than our top 6 OL, better than a LBer ever thought about being, and I cant even tell you the last top 5 CB that panned out.

You just don't know if they will be a franchise QB for 13 years. They all say that and 2 - 3 years later they are out of the league.

1 minute ago, grandcanyonaz said:

You just don't know if they will be a franchise QB for 13 years. They all say that and 2 - 3 years later they are out of the league.

You're absolutely correct. But if it hits, it changes everything. A LBer, an OL, a DE....changes nothing. I'm in the boat of taking chances, cause we really have nothing left at this point.

MR has done it before and he can do it again. He needs a running game. He's always been like this. I hope ATL gets the 3rd pick and trades back since there are so many teams looking for QBs and gets a lot of pics and gets a RB and some players who want to play. There will be another Zack Wilson next year and the year after that. There will always be one and most don't make it. For every Patrcik Mahomes there are 20 who don't make it or even worse become a flash in the pan (Wentz).

We got WAY too many holes to go QB this year. Matthews is toast, Mack is toast, D jones is toast,  we need another CB becasue Isiah Oliver is hot garbage. We need a DE.  We need DRAFT picks. Trade back if we can, if we cant take Sewell OL from Oregon and let Matthews kick the bricks. If he is gone take Caleb Farley from VA Tech. There will be QBs available next year as well. 

8 hours ago, grandcanyonaz said:

MR has done it before and he can do it again. He needs a running game. He's always been like this. I hope ATL gets the 3rd pick and trades back since there are so many teams looking for QBs and gets a lot of pics and gets a RB and some players who want to play. There will be another Zack Wilson next year and the year after that. There will always be one and most don't make it. For every Patrcik Mahomes there are 20 who don't make it or even worse become a flash in the pan (Wentz).

There might always be a Wilson in next years draft or the year after... We might not be in a position to get him though as we would this year... 

It's time to move on from Matt. He's done. The team doesn't respond to him anymore. He can't move. His arm has diminished. How the heck are you supposed to win with that? I saw Wilson make throws in that espn game that Ryan could only dream of making. 

10 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

I know there are others but to keep this simple I will limit it to these five. Not including Trevor Lawrence because he really isn’t a realistic option for us. 

The following three questions for each QB:

1. Would you consider drafting this QB under the right circumstances or would you simply not want this QB on the Falcons no matter where he would be drafted?

2. What pick or round would be the highest that you would feel comfortable using on this QB for the Falcons given our overall restrictions and the team circumstances as a whole? 

3. Ultimately, what team do you think ends up with this QB and does that possibility concern you as a Falcons fan?

The QBs in question are (in alphabetical order):

Justin Fields OSU

Mac Jones Alabama

Trey Lance NDSU

Kyle Trask Florida

Zack Wilson BYU

Discuss

• Justin Fields and Zach Wilson in the top 10 (If we stay put or trade down inside the top 10)
  • Trey Lance in the Middle to Late 1st (If we trade way down from our 1st outside of the top 10)
  • Mac Jones in the Late 1st to Early 2nd (Most likely option if we pass on a QB in Round 1 and he is still there we may trade up or snag him early 2nd)
  • Stay far away from Trask
Edited by PriMeTiiMe