Washington Releases Dwayne Haskins

AUTiger7222

Just another example that drafting a QB in the first round is far from a guaranteed success. But the whole "get rid of Ryan and draft a mobile QB" crowd is too caught up in their hatred to be rational about this. There's more first round busts at QB than there are successes.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

I was never impressed with him anyway. Fields is a much much better prospect coming out of OSU than Haskins ever was

Same, never understood the hype around him or Cardale Jones. None of it never made any sense. Even Fields hasn't been all that impressive this year.

What trips up any QB coming out of the college game is that pure athletic talent does not necessarily mean you will succeed.  In college, a broken play means that the QB just tucks and runs.  In the pros, not so much.  It's the mental part of the game, the cerebral aspect of learning the game that separates the best from the bust.

2 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

That is insanely quick to give up on a no. 15 overall pick.  I haven't watched them at all, but I bet they're wishing they'd just signed Kirk Cousins right about now.

His attitude is garbage by all accounts. Doesn't put in the work and parties all the time. Doesn't matter what talent you have if your head is lodged deep in your own rectum. 

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Washington is a QB away from really dominating the East. Defense is there. I can see Trask going to them

Yep. QB is what is holding them back. That defense is fierce. And if the Giants can get Daniel Jones straightened out they could be a force too cause they've got the defense there too. I think the Giants did Jones a disservice firing Pat Shurmur. Jones was playing well for Shurmur last year as a rookie and then this year has taken a major step back in Jason Garrett's offense.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

But haven't you heard you've got to lose and get a higher pick so you're guaranteed to get a good player. You only get a bust if you draft in the middle of the first round.

Yeah, my reply to that mentality is why do the same teams usually pick top 10 every year lol

2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Yep. QB is what is holding them back. That defense is fierce. And if the Giants can get Daniel Jones straightened out they could be a force too cause they've got the defense there too. I think the Giants did Jones a disservice firing Pat Shurmur. Jones was playing well for Shurmur last year as a rookie and then this year has taken a major step back in Jason Garrett's offense.

Yeah Giants should have kept Shumur. And that Washington defense is nasty like you said. They really just need a QB that won’t put them in a bad spot right now. I can see a rookie QB going there next year and starting and doing well