Is there anything holding us back to interview GMs Candidates?

Fernando C.

If they're employed by a team right now, I think we can't interview until their season is over unless we have permission of the team.  For playoff teams, that means it might be after the Super Bowl, though a lot of times they will allow us to do an interview.

New England wouldn't let Dimitroff come to Atlanta in 2008, but they did allow him to do a videoconference interview.  I imagine a lot of that will be going on once the regular season is over.

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

If they're employed by a team right now, I think we can't interview until their season is over unless we have permission of the team.  For playoff teams, that means it might be after the Super Bowl, though a lot of times they will allow us to do an interview.

New England wouldn't let Dimitroff come to Atlanta in 2008, but they did allow him to do a videoconference interview.  I imagine a lot of that will be going on once the regular season is over.

Ok ... this is not ideal.. cause we are going to have to interview GMs and Coaches at the same time...  and there are just a few coaches in my list... Arthur Smith and Daboll after that they are just mehhh

Just now, Fernando C. said:

Ok ... this is not ideal.. cause we are going to have to interview GMs and Coaches at the same time...  and there are just a few coaches in my list... Arthur Smith and Daboll after that they are just mehhh

The thing is there are probably candidates we are not aware of who might be great candidates (or might be absurd choices).  I agree with your list -- I want Smith or Daboll, in that order.  But I can see us honing in on others.

I'm still not ruling out Morris hanging on, though I think he's pretty much run out of luck in that regard and I certainly prefer bringing in a solid offensive coach.  

10 minutes ago, Fernando C. said:

We have 2 or 3 interviews... there are 4 or more GMs openings as of right now... so I am wondering can we interview anyone under contract in another team?? or we have to wait?? cause I cannot get my head around the fact that we have 3 formal interviews... 

The GM candidates who are reportedly taking interviews are the ones who are currently unemployed by an NFL team.

Just now, DonOfThemBirds said:

I think Terry Fontenot from the Saints is the only one that is currently employed outside of the in-house Falcon candidates.

Is that right?  I'm trying to remember everyone they talked about.  The guy from the Rams (Brad-something I think?) and Reggie McKenzie were mentioned.  I think they're both still employed.  

I hope we don't hire John Dorsey so I'm trying to forget his name came up 😂

5 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Is that right?  I'm trying to remember everyone they talked about.  The guy from the Rams (Brad-something I think?) and Reggie McKenzie were mentioned.  I think they're both still employed.  

I hope we don't hire John Dorsey so I'm trying to forget his name came up 😂

They were interviewed?

How did I miss that? Lol

1 minute ago, JDaveG said:

I don't think Fontenot has been interviewed either, has he?

I thought you were referring to all the candidates we were looking at, not just those who had interviewed. Sorry if I misunderstood.

I thought he was. Not sure.

I know the Falcons wanted to talk to him.

I bet the Falcons have interviewed a few candidates that we won't know about until long after the Falcons officially hire a GM. Quite a few of these interviews tend to stay quiet for awhile.