What's the deal with the Falcons tearing down a church to build a new stadium?

Falcons Fan MVP

You really think GOD gives a crap about NFL football?  

He's got bigger things to worry about...like choosing which children get cancer,  whose towns to wipe out with floods, insuring half a million African kids die of simple diarrhea every year...and especially, making sure people who don't lay down and worship Him roast forever in a big lake of fire.   

But isn't it nice to know HE LOVES US! 

5 minutes ago, octoslash said:

He's got bigger things to worry about...like choosing which children get cancer,  whose towns to wipe out with floods, insuring half a million African kids die of simple diarrhea every year...and especially, making sure people who don't lay down and worship Him roast forever in a big lake of fire.   

I dont think you answered the post questions... you kind of went on a weird rant of why you believe God loves us.. but ill help him out.

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I have some questions about the Falcons tearing down the church and the bad luck they've been having.

When exactly did the Falcons tear this church down? Was the church active or were they just an empty building? Did the church move to another location?

When did the falcons tear down the church? When they where building the new stadium.

Was the church active? Yes

Did the church move to another location? The falcon bought the church for 19.5 million so they could move. 

2 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I have some questions about the Falcons tearing down the church and the bad luck they've been having.

When exactly did the Falcons tear this church down? Was the church active or were they just an empty building? Did the church move to another location?

I could be wrong on some of the details, but when MBS was built the Falcons had to acquire the land that two churches (Friendship Baptist and Mt. Vernon Baptist) were built on. They each were paid between $10 and $20 million to relocate, but there was a running joke that the Falcons would never win again because God didn't want those churches demolished to build a stadium.

Current evidence points that the "joke" was pretty spot on.

2 hours ago, octoslash said:

You are way off. His favorite pastime is to make sure the Falcons gonna Falcon. The rest of that stuff is easy.

A lot of y'all keep saying "you can't make this **** up", but he keeps saying "hold my beer and watch this."

4 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Still doesn’t explain the UGA collapse in the National Championship or the Braves collapse to the Dodgers. This just provides this has nothing to do with “where they build a stadium”, we’re just a state full of losing sports...Unless you like soccer I guess. 

The Falcons were bottom dwellers long before MBS was built.   I guess if you really wanted to you could assume God being an entity beyond time knew the Falcons would do that some 40 years after their inception and retroactively punished them.   Though that doesn't make much sense either, cause the hiring of Dan Quinn and rehiring of Dirk Koetter alone are more punishment than would be reasonable.  Also the rehiring of Dirk Koetter kind of points to the more logical conclusion that the Falcons are just a poorly run organization.

5 hours ago, marvinthemartian said:

Atlanta Fulton County Stadium was supposedly built on an ancient Native American burial ground. Location, location, location

It took a while for the curse to manifest itself, but most shaman claim it started in the 4th quarter of the SB game when Ryan took the most inexcusable sack in his entire life while already in field goal range, followed by a holding penalty. It was all downhill after that. 

45 minutes ago, blutarski said:

Or, posing an opinion like the other 1 million opinions on an open forum....

this is a falcons message board isnt it.... not a open form. so its a talk falcons ... not what we are doing lol I was truly just poking fun, everyone is able to there opinions that is what makes us america!!

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

4 hours ago, Stewie said:

I could be wrong on some of the details, but when MBS was built the Falcons had to acquire the land that two churches (Friendship Baptist and Mt. Vernon Baptist) were built on. They each were paid between $10 and $20 million to relocate, but there was a running joke that the Falcons would never win again because God didn't want those churches demolished to build a stadium.

Current evidence points that the "joke" was pretty spot on.

They got paid tens of millions of dollars. That money would do much more to spread the Gospel and fund humanitarian projects than any old building(s).

Priorities. Anyone who was against that decision probably thinks the "church" is just a building.