The One That Got Away...

Monolith2001

Don't know if this has been posted or discussed but it hit me watching the game again this morning.  I was generally pleased with the team's effort against the Chiefs but we left opportunities on the field.  We all recognize that AJs int would have sealed the game (heck of a play on the ball) but this is a walk in touchdown at the end of the game.  I've timestamped the play I know Matt wishes he could have back.  The single safety bites on all the bodies on the right and Calvin is wide open to the endzone if Matt can get it out to him.  Announcers said he was going to Gage but we win if he could hit Calvin.

AJ made a **** of an effort on that pic but sometimes the ground has different ideas when you hit it.

This season is very reminiscent of Mike Smith's last year. Lots of what ifs and almosts that keep the team back. Heck that team would have won the division at 7-9 had they won the last, very winnable game. 

The fire wasn't there then and it isn't there now. Hopefully a new perspective can come on board and change that.

58 minutes ago, Jesus said:

AJ made a **** of an effort on that pic but sometimes the ground has different ideas when you hit it.

This season is very reminiscent of Mike Smith's last year. Lots of what ifs and almosts that keep the team back. Heck that team would have won the division at 7-9 had they won the last, very winnable game. 

The fire wasn't there then and it isn't there now. Hopefully a new perspective can come on board and change that.

"Hopefully" is right.

Because right now, I am hopelessly numb regarding this team and this season.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Matt not seeing wide open guys is common now but people will still lay all the blame on everyone else.

He didn't miss him because he didnt see him. The constant blitzing caused that. At the end of the day. They were in that situation because the defense gave up a touchdown. Matt Ryan led them into scoring position. And Koo missed. 

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Definitely missing fire and killer instinct.

Is that Hurst alone on the edge looking straight at the ball?  
In Ryan’s defense Hurst wasn’t wearing Julio’s number so you can’t blame Ryan for not seeing tight ends.  
It’s one thing to execute a great play. It’s another to collapse if the play isn’t going to work. There was nobody running to that air ball.  So the choice is He completely missed seeing the open man Or he chucked the aimlessly.  So blame it on the kicker, the running backs, the beer vendor?

Make a touchdown. It’s not the kicker’s job to fix poor execution. 

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

I hope so. I have a lot of optimism for whoever will come in next. I had watched all the Q-ball I could stand.

Would be nice for Blank and McKay to pick a real dynamo for GM and for him to pick an elite HC. Enough dues have been paid. It's time for this franchise to win a SB and shake off its tragi-comic loser identity.

4 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

Don't know if this has been posted or discussed but it hit me watching the game again this morning.  I was generally pleased with the team's effort against the Chiefs but we left opportunities on the field.  We all recognize that AJs int would have sealed the game (heck of a play on the ball) but this is a walk in touchdown at the end of the game.  I've timestamped the play I know Matt wishes he could have back.  The single safety bites on all the bodies on the right and Calvin is wide open to the endzone if Matt can get it out to him.  Announcers said he was going to Gage but we win if he could hit Calvin.

Not necessarily. There was still enough time for the chiefs to get the ball back. I could see the Falcons falconoing it up.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

I think this team is playing very hard for Raheem Morris

5 hours ago, Jesus said:

This is a mentally broken group.  28-3 destroyed them and this franchise.  That’s why I really don’t care if Matt or Julio are here in a couple of years or not.   Need a complete reboot.

3 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Is that Hurst alone on the edge looking straight at the ball?  
In Ryan’s defense Hurst wasn’t wearing Julio’s number so you can’t blame Ryan for not seeing tight ends.  
It’s one thing to execute a great play. It’s another to collapse if the play isn’t going to work. There was nobody running to that air ball.  So the choice is He completely missed seeing the open man Or he chucked the aimlessly.  So blame it on the kicker, the running backs, the beer vendor?

Make a touchdown. It’s not the kicker’s job to fix poor execution. 

It is 100% his job to make the kick!