I am proud of our Falcons today

NorthGaBoy

I was surprised to see a lot of negative posts.  You cannot play the best team in the NFL better than we did.  And the loss, well, that comes down to the way the ball bounced. 

First, we played with balance.  (Who pulled Dirk's head out of his ***?)  Why are our RBs getting yards now? 

Second, no third quarter defensive collapse. 

Third, no 4th quarter collapse. 

The big problem I saw today was with receivers not getting open.  We have some good route runners.  Ridley is precise, elusive and fast.  Hurst is one of the fastest TEs in the game.  Gage is just good.  And, we have seen Treadwell emerge.  So, why can we not get a guy open on some plays?  Falcons need to get this right.

I thought the Falcons played well today.  We scared the sheet out of the Chiefs.

15 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Why cant we get open? 

DIRK is why

Because our offense is stale and predictable.

Common sense would dictate that if your QB has 5 seconds to throw, you don’t call passing plays that take 6 seconds to develop.

The back to back sacks are a tale of two sides. First one was Ryan holding onto the ball too long. The second one was more about the play taking forever to develop. Ryan still needs to get rid of it though. 

39 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Because our offense is stale and predictable.

Common sense would dictate that if your QB has 5 seconds to throw, you don’t call passing plays that take 6 seconds to develop.

The back to back sacks are a tale of two sides. First one was Ryan holding onto the ball too long. The second one was more about the play taking forever to develop. Ryan still needs to get rid of it though. 

That first one was a two man route that was very much covered the entire way. The only thing you can maybe fault Ryan for is not heaving it out of bounds in the vicinity of the deep post.

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

I was surprised to see a lot of negative posts.  You cannot play the best team in the NFL better than we did.  And the loss, well, that comes down to the way the ball bounced. 

First, we played with balance.  (Who pulled Dirk's head out of his ***?)  Why are our RBs getting yards now? 

Second, no third quarter defensive collapse. 

Third, no 4th quarter collapse. 

The big problem I saw today was with receivers not getting open.  We have some good route runners.  Ridley is precise, elusive and fast.  Hurst is one of the fastest TEs in the game.  Gage is just good.  And, we have seen Treadwell emerge.  So, why can we not get a guy open on some plays?  Falcons need to get this right.

I thought the Falcons played well today.  We scared the sheet out of the Chiefs.

Were you just as proud of 28-3?   "Great effort guys. Nothing to be ashamed of... You just lost to the best team."  

Now let me go vomit.

1 minute ago, Fiercefalcon said:

That first one was a two man route that was very much covered the entire way. The only thing you can maybe fault Ryan for is not heaving it out of bounds in the vicinity of the deep post.

Ehhh I disagree with that. The plays are slow developing but Ryan should know by now when a plays breaking down, especially given that amount of time. Throwing it out of bounds was the best option but he didn’t do that, even with the amount of time. 

3 minutes ago, joeyg2033 said:

Were you just as proud of 28-3?   "Great effort guys. Nothing to be ashamed of... You just lost to the best team."  

Now let me go vomit.

That's not fair at all.  That was the Super Bowl.  This was a team with 4 games almost beating the Super Bowl champs that have the best record in football and still keeping our draft position.

14 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ehhh I disagree with that. The plays are slow developing but Ryan should know by now when a plays breaking down, especially given that amount of time. Throwing it out of bounds was the best option but he didn’t do that, even with the amount of time. 

Before the routes even had a chance to develop, he was moved off the spot by a LB who blew past 3 blockers. Should he have thrown it away? Sure. But if we're assigning blame here, that first down playcall was just as horrible as any other that game.

17 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

Before the routes even had a chance to develop, he was moved off the spot by a LB who blew past 3 blockers. Should he have thrown it away? Sure. But if we're assigning blame here, that first down playcall was just as horrible as any other that game.

The first, second, and third down play calls are terrible. Not for nothing but Ryan should expect it to be $hit by now. Lol. Koetter sucks. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

The first, second, and third down play calls are terrible. Not for nothing but Ryan should expect it to be $hit by now. Lol. Koetter sucks. 

I mean in all honesty you and I are on the same page I feel. I just have a tendency to nit pick over semantics.

Ugh the draft can't come soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Fiercefalcon said:

I mean in all honesty you and I are on the same page I feel. I just have a tendency to nit pick over semantics.

Ugh the draft can't come soon enough.

No worries I’m the same way. It’s a natural reaction on these boards because most people on these boards have no nuance to discussions. 

4 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Why cant we get open? 

DIRK is why

Not always. Take that final drive for instance. Most teams that play us knows how to attack us. They attack our weaknesses. The reason for success yesterday is we ran the ball. Our defense balled out, and got after Mahomes. On the last drive, a missed block prevented Ryan from hitting Ridley for a TD. I was surprised to see KC go Cover 0 on that 3rd Down play.